Okay lets talk super streets

Michael & Mitzi

B) In our continuing efforts to improve the racing at CCS here is some food for thought. I think the class has become to GM stagnant. I remember when all manufactures were present at local tracks so what about some V-8 mustangs, and where are the mopars?

:ph34r: Great idea I think! These Camero parts are getting harder to find. This will give allot to the class if there was a few more cars to compete with. :ph34r:

This is the best thing that I have heard in a long time. I have been wanting to see this for years. I wish I still lived on corpus because I would build one of these. the unibody and strut thing might kind of freak some people out but its really no big deal. and there are tons of parts for these cars. it also opens the door for other cars cars like the later model firebirds and camaro.

This is the best thing that I have heard in a long time. I have been wanting to see this for years. I wish I still lived on corpus because I would build one of these. the unibody and strut thing might kind of freak some people out but its really no big deal. and there are tons of parts for these cars. it also opens the door for other cars cars like the later model firebirds and camaro.
all lalo would have to do is add 4 more cylinders and he would be ready ..MIKE I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEAL .FINALY SOMEONE WITH VISION ..SOMETHING NEW . LET EM RUN WHATS UNDER THE HOOD . WHATS THREE INCHES IN A WHEELBASE . ..WE RACE IN A CLASS WHERE WHEELBASE ISNT THE MAIN FACTOR . VW RABBITS .. VW BUGS ..HONDA .. TOYOTA ..BMW ,, PINTO .MUSTANG . CHEVY . A TON OF DIFFERENTS BETWEEN THOSE WHEELBASES ............. YOU SAID JUST A STROKE OF THE PEN WILL CHANGE THE WHEELBASE RULE .. . THATS RIGHT IT WILL . ..BUT YOU KNOW IT ISNT GOING TO BE THAT EASY .

all lalo would have to do is add 4 more cylinders and he would be ready ..MIKE I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEAL .FINALY SOMEONE WITH VISION ..SOMETHING NEW . LET EM RUN WHATS UNDER THE HOOD . WHATS THREE INCHES IN A WHEELBASE . ..WE RACE IN A CLASS WHERE WHEELBASE ISNT THE MAIN FACTOR . VW RABBITS .. VW BUGS ..HONDA .. TOYOTA ..BMW ,, PINTO .MUSTANG . CHEVY . A TON OF DIFFERENTS BETWEEN THOSE WHEELBASES ............. YOU SAID JUST A STROKE OF THE PEN WILL CHANGE THE WHEELBASE RULE .. . THATS RIGHT IT WILL . ..BUT YOU KNOW IT ISNT GOING TO BE THAT EASY .

3 inchs in a heavy car is a big deal

I dont know anything about setting up a super street so this may not apply but I have ran the neon at 104" in the thunder class with one of my main competitors being a good 8 or 10 inches shorter wheelbase. We ran door to door for years. I would not let wheelbase be to much of an issue in my opinion. If anything, the advantage of the newer cars would be lighter, better suspension geometry, and parts availability. seeing as the 70s camaros are pretty much used up and the dirt tracks are gobbling up all the metric chassis it seems like the way to go. This move is 20 years passed due anyway.

what are we talking about here 104" wheelbase with a 4 or 6 cylinders or 104 with a v8???i think lalo's car could keep up.there are alot of things to consider.tires,leftside,breaks, tech,payout thats right i said payout.trying to get the cars we have out there to show up.and trying to get a$$e$ in the seats.we need them the most.i havent spoken to mike since the season ended but i hope he and his crew has learned some things about a local show.i think he has.please dont take it as a bash.

B) I don't know why payout even came up.....we paid full pay for 6 or 7 cars all year long. We are not getting anywhere with the cameros so we need to move on and get this to be a class not a car club meeting.

We also think that the class should weigh less ....less tire wear....less fuelcost ....and a lot less colateral damage

• 2 weeks later...

Archived