Race Track Food

supertx

Back when THR had good food in the pit concession stand, I really like the chopped BBQ. However, for the past two seasons, the food in the pit concession area was so bad, we had to resort to sneaking our own food in. There were times when the smell alone coming from that building would make you want to take a detour around it to keep from having to experience that. I sure hope they have some different folks providing the food this year. If not, I guess it's back to cold cuts... :D

cs

I'd say the Frito Pie at SAS but they seem to have a "critical need detector" built into the concession stand. The hungrier you are, the less likely they are to have anything left...

I'll put in a vote for the hamburger at THR, big burger for the price and pretty tasty too..

I know that the tracks make money off the concessions but if no one likes them it is just another reason for people not to come. Have a few ideas:

1.) Find out if any of the fast food franchise or name brand ones have portable trailers that they take to events and have a different one every week. Especially ones that have an affiilation with MOTORSPORTS/NASCAR. Work a deal where the track would get a percentage or where the company would give to the points fund or purse and they would be the sponsor for the night for the classes good press for them and that is one less dollar that the track would have to give out and keep for improvements or add more to the purse to make it more attractive to the drivers.

2.) If the track management creates enough interest with these vendors maybe they could create enough competition between them that you could have several different food or dessert trailers. Kind of the carnival atmosphere. This could also help the drivers with sponsorships from these same vendors.

3.) Just like SAS has done with their concessions contract them out and take a percentage but raise the bar to the concessionaire and make them rotate the food offerings and heck maybe get them to bring in something different on a regular basis.

CHASE, THE BAR B QUE PIT WELDED TO THE FRONT OF THE TRAILER DID'NT EXACTLY GIVE AWAY THE FACT THAT YOU WERE SNEAKING FOOD IN AT ALL... <_<

Archived