NASCAR bans testing at sanctioned tracks for '09

NightFlyer

On nascar.com: NASCAR bans testing at sanctioned tracks for '09

Including pre-season daytona--- no more speedweeks...

expected "savings" of 700K- 1.5 Million per team for the season (yea, I know they'll just find another place to spend it!)

If TWS was ready, I could see a lot of interest in a super speedway!

So the question is: How long would it take and how much money to get TWS usable???

As I hear it, turns 1 and 2 are in bad shape, and to be of any use to the Cup teams, they would need to pave the whole thing. The track pavement is from about 1990.

THEN, you gotta get the track to do the paving. Right now, they are perfectly happy with the club racing they are doing, as well as private testing on the existing surfaces.

TWS would give them information for California and Michigan as two mile tracks. Don't think they'd help a whole lot for Talladega and Daytona.

I CAN SEE THE DAY COMEING WHEN EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO OWN A PIECE OF A NASCAR TEAM ..WITH IT GOING TO BE HARDER TO BRING IN A SPONSOR WHICH IS HAPPENING NOW .TEAMS WILL HAVE TO GO PUBLIC INVESTMENTS IN ORDER TO SERVIVE ..NOW WHICH TEAM DO I WANT TO INVEST IN ...I HAVE JUST THREE CHOICES TO PICK FROM .....HENDRICKS ..ROUSH.. GIBBS ...ALL OTHERS WILL BE HISTORY ......WHAT A SHAIME ......OWELL BACK TO SATERDAYNIGHT LOCAL RACEN .WHERE I SHOULD INVEST ANYWAY ...

Archived