TBS Racing Wins @ HOT in Waco!

toyman85

Wanted to congradulate Terry Tschoerner on his win in the Waco 'Fall Classic' Saturday night. With a new (rebuilt) car that had never seen a dirt track along with no experience on dirt, Terry weaved his way from the back of the pack to take the lead with 2 laps to go in the B feature to qualify for the A main and then went on for the win. With 4 laps into the A main, tranny problems kept us from giving them dirt boys a run for their money. We'll be back next year!

PS: Sorry for all bruises I gave everyone during the race. I don't know how Jack Roush does it! Duane

The driver of the 401 TBS Racing Camero was great! The owner was another story......LOL

Ya'll did great. Terry just needed to let the back stretch wall know who was boss, and once that was out of the way, he looked pretty good. Had it in the show Friday night with two laps to go, and then a little to much right foot in the high groove spoiled that.

Saturday night in the Hooligan, he was the best hooligan out there. Very good race for the win. Was rooting for ya'll in the feature and thought something wasn't right with the car, looked like it wasn't getting forward bite like it had been. Now I know why.

Looks like Texas Thunder might have another street stock on alternate weekends. Ya'll are a class act, and you will be warmly welcomed, until you start beating the snot out of them.

Good luck with your racing next year!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

First of all... anyone that doubts Terry's Passion for the sport of racing... doesn't know him.. that man took a beating this weekend but kept on trying with a capital T..

Here is the top 5 emotional moments from the TBS weekend.. (in Aaron & laura's view)

#5 Finding it hard to watch the race When we were all watching Duane & his Pale faced Reactions... Never scene Duane threaten so many drivers for "touching his baby", Nor how much he tried to "coach" Terry while he was racing...

#4 The Many visitor's to our pit.. about a 1/4 mile walk from line-up row, All trying to see the Terry & Duane Master piece before they were the next one to hit it...

#3 Everyone thinking we brought a knife to a gun fight.. When it was really a Bazooooooka!!

#2 Duane Being offered Crown Royal or "Drugs" to get him to calm down and relax Before the B main... (By a perfect Stranger!!)

#1 Terry's "Joey Chitwood" tryouts on the first lap of the heat race. Driving the entire back side of the track (exit of Turn 2 to Turn 3 on 2 wheels.. The other 2 were trying to escape to track.

Serious enjoy the racing experience this weekend... but need to go to work on monday to try and "recover"

It was fun...you guys did good...never got to see you after the races to thank you for trying to fix me up after my wreck in the feature...I think we had a shot (or at least a top 3) but after that car spun and hit me, well....damage so far...hole in the oil pan, steering box broke...upper and lower control arms and spindle bent...and the frame bent a few inches...we at least I have 2 weeks before I have to be ready for houston...(dont forget I have to change motors and rearend ) you guys need to make it for that one...if you would like we can haul it down there for you...have room in the trailer

Chase...

You know, I never got his name... but he's one of the "guys" that duane was tormenting with his nerves!!...

Duane was a source of Laughter for about 6 rows of people...

AJ,

Not a problem with the attempt.. we couldn't see what happened, but its never good when your hitting lugnuts to see what looks like a bottle of oil being poured out under the car...

Sorry you got caught in the mess...

Would do it again any time.. besides your can of "Magic" parts, Grinder, & Vice, got the 401 back on the track. without it.. we were powerless..

#4 The Many visitor's to our pit.. about a 1/4 mile walk from line-up row, All trying to see the Terry & Duane Master piece before they were the next one to hit it...

Serious enjoy the racing experience this weekend... but need to go to work on monday to try and "recover"

I know about the 1/4 mile walk! I don't know how many times I did it over the weekend!! I think I had to walk at least 10 miles just going to the bathroom!

Now, as far as going to work on Monday to recover, I do totally agree! It was definitely a tiring weekend but I wouldn't of traded it at all. I love the big shows and camping at the track. You guys should come for the Texas Grand like AJ said. I think you would have a blast!

I'm just sorry I missed some of the other moments you listed! I was paranoid about missing a race or something since we didn't have speakers back where we were parked, so I spent time hanging out by the black board. I got a few shots of yalls car that I'll (hopefully) get posted sometime soon. Might not have a lot of time to play with the pictures in the next few days, but I will let you know when they're posted.

If you guys go to HOT sometime next year, let us know in advance and we'll see if we can make it too.

Brenda

i can only imagine... well, with me being the young one in the group, something kinda came to mind if i was there....

HomerStranglesBart1.gif

B):ph34r:B) , anyway, i bet aaron told yall how excited i was to hear the 401 back on the track and had won the B-Main, sorry couldn't be there to do what had to be a major haul from what aaron was describing, but yall are the best in my book, glad to be a part of that organization for as long as i was!

-Shawn

was a great weekend for sure. was fun racing with terry again and being able to hang with the tbs gang again. as far as pictures i know aaron took some of my car after my qualifier (well what was left of the right side of the body). i cant wait till next years race. i think this was my best race on dirt yet. i learned alot and hope to learn more.

#1 Just getting to HOT, Duane going to pack the track and get it dirty before Terry does!!

#2 Duane was calculating the distance down the wall that Terry needed to cover on 2 wheels!!

(From the W to the H in was the call!)

#3 We couldn't get Duane off the track with the car...

#4 Rubbing is Racing Right.. That was Bang'n!!

post-719-1225242526_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225242691_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225242889_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225243242_thumb.jpg

#5 Car already survived the wall.. Now someone took the frontend off.. (notice the white wall tires)

#6 Bumper Who needs a bumper? Noticed the Left sice Rub bar got it too!

#7 Custom Rub Bar on the Passenger Side... Seems those Waco boys thought it was too straight!

#8 Dale's Pour attempt to get more Side Bite during the race!

#9 Dale was afraid he wasn't going to have anything to do Saturday morning... so he created some work.

post-719-1225243461_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225243650_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225243806_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225243961_thumb.jpg

post-719-1225244368_thumb.jpg

good pictures aaron. looks like a normal waco classic result. nice car and I know you guys will fix it up. atleast texas thunder is not as bad :D

Now I am no longer a "regular" at either track....but pretty much in every feature 19 to twenty cars finished at HOT....pretty impressive for any track...and last time I went to texas thunder I watched 3 cars flip just from ruts in the track...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived