Mini or Full Spool

CC57

Well the surprises on my "new" used car keep appearing.

Pull the 9" out (Harris rear assembly) and low and behold: Detroit Locker or Gold Track or something. I'm not sure.

But it sure as heck ain't a locked read end.

Some my question is: should I go with a mini spool or full spool?

After talking with the engine builder, looking at around 600 at the rear wheel (based on the chassis dyno). I assume this may weigh into the decision.

And this is dirt, not asphalt

Thanks all

Pull the 9" out (Harris rear assembly) and low and behold: Detroit Locker or Gold Trrack or something. I'm not sure.

After talking with the engine builder, looking at around 600 at the rear wheel (based on the chassis dyno). I assume this may weigh into the decision.

Thanks all

well i would say the full spool because it is stronger but you may want to try that locker if the rules permit because the car will rotate better in the center and still drive strong off the corner

I always ran mini spools with no problems. but full spools are lighter and usually stronger. so if money permits go with the full spool for the less rotating weight and strength

...but you may want to try that locker if the rules permit because the car will rotate better in the center and still drive strong off the corner

Sorry, rules say it must be locked.

28 or 31 spline? If you decide on a full spool, send GUNDOG99 a PM. He's got a LW 31 spline full spool for sale I believe.

Pull the 9" out (Harris rear assembly) and low and behold: Detroit Locker or Gold Track or something. I'm not sure.

Thanks all

Go with the full, just less hassles. If Gunner doesn't have his any more, I would give Performance, in Houston a call @ 281-813-3198, I have been using them for years.

Scoot

Go with the full, just less hassles. If Gunner doesn't have his any more, I would give Performance, in Houston a call @ 281-813-3198, I have been using them for years.

Scoot

Thanks Scoot.

Believe mine is a 28 (will check agan), so I can't use Gunner's.

I'll give Performance a call. Thanks

Scoot, check your PM

• 3 weeks later...

Archived