Jimmy "Dalbert" Willingham passes away

debwill

I just got word that Jimmy "Dalbert" Willingham passed away early this morning from complications of airborne pneumonia. The SAS folks knew him well from the the Dalbert Wrecker Service that he provided at the track for many years.

Our sympathies are with the Willingham family during this very difficult time.

Jimmy Willingham ... 1952 - 2008

Jimmy Willingham, Owner of Dalbert's Garage and Wrecker Service in San Antonio died at Northeast Methodist Hospital in Live Oak, Texas on Sunday morning, September 14, 2008.

Jimmy Willingham was 56 years old.

Jimmy, also know as "Dalbert", was well known by the South Texas racing community having supported racing events with his wrecker service at San Antonio Speedway since the track opened in 1977. He also provided wrecker support and service at Texas World Speedway Texas Race of Champions events.

Funeral arrangements are pending at Sunset Memorial Funeral Home in San Antonio. The arrangements will be made known here in the coming days.

This information was provided by one of Jimmy's brothers Gene Willingham and posted by Neil Upchurch.

My condolences to the Willingham family.

Sure will miss him, I remember when he used to run my dads old super street stock at SAS back in 84 maybe 85. He was a great guy and would never mind talking about the latest in stock car racing to anyone interested.

Jimmy will never walk alone, he will walk at the side of the Lord from here on.

David Sevilla Jr.

Dalbert was directly involved in the San Antonio stock car racing scene since, well, ever since I can remember - and probably even before that. Somehow you just expected him to be around forever.

He always had a twinkle in his eye and a way to make his point that made you chuckle and think about what he was saying all at the same time.

A true racer and a true friend to many. He will be missed by all.

Nick