My B-day/Labor Day racing weekend

rebelracewriter

As some of you may already know because of my job closing down and a couple other personal issues, I've been pretty down lately..... :(

But I can always count on my extended racing family and friends to help boost my spirits, and this past weekend was no different.

I had so many options for the weekend, follow the ASCS guys, TSRS @ Thunderhill, Clash of the Titans @ San Antonio Raceway, and even a week long trip to Boone, Iowa for the Super Nationals.

I would have prefered the Iowa trip, but after picking up Danny and Mary Hogue in Abilene, the Dinsmore Racing tour bus was pretty full. Those who know me know my biggest passion is the Sprints or Late Models on dirt, and I've felt like I've been letting Owen down this year. One of the aforementioned personal reasons has been keeping me from going down to to Corpus, so I felt I owed him and choosing the ASCS shows was easy.

I want to thank Owen, Marcia and STS for helping me out with travel expenses for a night......every little bit helps, especially right now.

Another thanks to Monty and his daughter Lauren, who came up with a B-day card, and a truely appreciated and needed B-day present.

And thanx to all who posted B-day wishes, or said so in person......even Jason :P

It's great to have friends like y'all........

hey, reb happy birthday, man let me tell you i had as much fun sun night in waco as i,ve ever had racing, i had never made a lap in a dirt car until sun, man when we went down the back streach and they turned the yellow off my leg was shakin so bad i couldnt hardly press the brake pedal, man what a rush, after about 5 or so laps i started to get the hang of, started 16th and finished up 11th man can,t wait till sat. i see what all you are saying about dirt, man what a deal leland

Nice job Leland......you fared far better then me in my first try on dirt.....spun once and went over the turn 3 hill in Killeen....it was a long way down back then. :unsure: But I did finish. LOL

Sprints, I'm hoping so, trying to work a deal with IMCA to help defer expenses. Looks like go right now. I assume you'll be taking Derry's car? Better pack your A-game for Keith, and maybe even Paul too. Those White boys are tough!!!

21......ya right....I wish.