wall bangers

scrappy1chevy

i talked with mike at c.c. speedway .now that he started a wall banger class.

if we can get enough cars he will let the wall bangers.run this winter so they can get some more seat

time and build a few cars that are in the spirit of the class.if he does what he said he would do which i think he will.we could all have a blast and enjoy the new class . a few if not all could learn and grow in the sport to where they can move up in classes and add to the competitive racing that goes on there.the rules from what i understand will be close to the dirt tracks rules so that everyone can come play .heck he might even let the other classes run if there is enough interested in their class and want to.anyone interested in the wall bangers plz pm me so i can get a count of people to set down and talk with mike again so he knows how many cars to count on.

not trying to tell you your buziness,,,,but you may scare off people that are serious about racing but were waiting for something affordable to race when you give it a name like 'wall banger'.

The "Wall Bangers" was a class that my Dad had started years ago. It was a class that had grown to the point that there was 3 heat races and a last chance race to get into the feature. It was an affordable class that grew. After a few different promoters the class rules kept changing and before long it was a class that was no longer bone stock. All the rules fit on one page and it was simple. A $500 car, a 4 post roll cage, belts, fuel cell and go racing. It was a very basic racer that anyone could afford that wanted to race, just don't let the racers write the rules.

I rememberwhen Mr Yocum started this class.A lot of people thought he was crazy,he would go to the city auction and other places and buy all kinds of car that would still run,install a cage and sell them to whoever wanted to race one.I believe this evolved into the bomber class,the first one that was not giant caddys and lincolns.Their popularity exploded and the cars were pleantyful.The key was cars that race rather than race cars.I loved watching this class,it gave true meaning to the name BULLRING.These cars would go 3 and 4 wide at times,every driver pushing it to the max.Imagine 25 wild bull riders at a rodeo trying to race those bulls at the same time.It was the birth of the modern bomber.Somehow over the years they became race cars,the popularity declined and the racing got too serious.It would be great to see Mr Yocums dream of affordable racing rekindled.If he were here today he would SHOW us how to do it not just talk about it.

Its great that Michael and Mitzi are open minded enough to explore all possibilities so now whats needed is someone to show the way for the wallbangers.How bout it rattdaddy?Also I think the name wallbangers relates to the drivers for their fierceness rather than a crashfest.It has been prooven to work.Greg Biffle drives like that.So does Dale Jr at times.Others do it by accident.This would make an excellent car club.

I think a winter series would be great also,something like a Sunday afternoon deal.The advantage the asphalt track has is there is less preparation time needed.So a rain out is not as costly.A cool day race needs no lights eather.Add a live band and motorcross plus quads and you have an afternoon of fun.

The really exciting news that at this point is wishful thinking by some of us is the possibility of a limited modified class.No commitments yet but like I said CC managers are listening to all proposals.Any intrested limited racers or potential racers should investigate.Looks like whatever class of cars can have a good car count will have a great place to race for promoters that are sincere and do what they say they will do.

TELL YOU THE TRUTH FROM A FOUR BANGER GUY ..I LOVED THOSE CARS . RATDADDY I WAS ONE WHO THOUGHT IT COULD WORK .AND IT DID ..I REMEMBER MY WIFE AND OTHER SCORE KEEPERS HAVEING TO TELL YOUR DAD THEY CANT SCORE 25 PLUS CARS AND IT WAS THE PLUS ALOT ..DROVE THEM NUTS TRYING TO SCORE THAT MANY ON SUCH A SHORT TRACK ..I BELEIVE MIKE CAN MAKE IT WORK AGAIN .AND CRAZY WALL BANGERS DIDNT SCARE ANYONE OFF . IT BROUGHT THEM OUT .ASWELL AS THE FANS LOVED THEM ..I SAY BRING THEM ON .. BTW THUNDER HILL HAS THIS CLASS . JUST NOT THE NAME ..YOU CAN SEE ONE HANGING UP ON THE FENCE ON THE FRONT PAGE ..AND THEY PUT ON A VERY GOOD SHOW LAST SATERDAY ...AT THUNDER HILL .

i dont know but i think using rules that are simple and even to the dirt track we might even get some from the dirt track once and while and it might just take hold and make a class that can be affordable and fun to deal with just plain simple rules to go by and the rules are the rules . to make a even class were its not hard to tech and keep up with and every one can enjoy them selfs.not wory about what thay got to spend or thay lost from and accadent happing not that i want accdents but lets face it ,its going to happen no matter how hard you try not to.

DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT THE WILD AND WOOLY BOOMERS THAT IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME AS STOCK AS IT CAN BE PUT A 4 POINT ROLL CAGE , FUEL CELL, AND ALL SAFTY EQUIP. NEEDED FOR THE DRIVERS SAFTY AND LET THEM GO IT SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME PUT A EYE CATCHING PAINT JOB FROM A SPRAY PAINT CAN GIVE THE FANS SOMETHING TO LOOK AT

B) Guys and gals this is where we take a step back to move forward. I will look forward to tralking to all of you and although your sugestions are welcome we will keep this class stock and affordable with a lot of fun factor I agree with the post that say cars that race not race cars. The true stock class is still intact but has taken more of a pure stock look with aluminum pullies after market bodie parts wild cams ect. The spirit of the class will keep the wallbangers competitive while giving a class to move to if and when the car and driver are ready

B) Guys and gals this is where we take a step back to move forward. I will look forward to tralking to all of you and although your sugestions are welcome we will keep this class stock and affordable with a lot of fun factor I agree with the post that say cars that race not race cars. The true stock class is still intact but has taken more of a pure stock look with aluminum pullies after market bodie parts wild cams ect. The spirit of the class will keep the wallbangers competitive while giving a class to move to if and when the car and driver are ready

amen ...heck i may build one ...mike one thing learned in life ...history always repeats itself ..

THE WAY TO KEEP THIS CLASS AFFORDABLE AND FAIR IS TO PUT A CLAIMER ON THE WHOLE CAR THAT IS SLIGHTLY LESS THAN WHAT IT COSTS TO BUILD ONE PLUS A TRADE FROM THE PERSON CLAIMING.THE CLAIMED DRIVER WILL HAVE A CAR FOR THE NEXT RACE AND THE CLAIMING CAR CAN SEE IF IT WAS THE CAR OR THE DRIVER THAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE.CLAIM SHOULD NOT INCLUDE GENERIC ITEMS LIKE SEATS,BELTS OR FUEL CELLS.I BELIEVE TEXAS THUNDER SPEEDWAY DOES THIS BUT WITHOUT A TRADE.A TRADE IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP ALL THE DRIVERS RACING.THE CLAIM DEFINES THE INVESTMENT OF THE CAR.IT WORKS.

B) I like the way this thread is going.....But I have never liked the idea of a claimer class no matter what is added(a trade car) sorry thumper. There are to many things that never get added to the total value of a car. When we bought our allison cars the first thing we did was take it apart and replaced all the parts considered consumable and checked it all to torque and speck How do you claim the value of good maintence. Some park it on saturday nite and never look at it again until it loads for next week and hope the wrench faries visit them sometime in between. JMO

You have just explained why some teams dominate a series.You cannot make enough rules to keep everyone racing the same speed.Even with this entry level car one or more will have a better than average car.That leads to constant rule changes or banning those drivers.I have been on the recieving end of both.Except for getting kicked out at RGS the rule changes made little difference other than to discourage some of the other teams.Driver restrictions have a negative trickle down affect that eventually hurts other classes.Michael,you just described the difference between race cars and cars to race with your Allison and you are correct.As a promoter one thing a claimer can do is give you the option to say to those complaining about someone too fast,"if that car is so fast,buy it. Or shut up and go to work on yours." Someday that option might be more desireable for you when you get it from all directions as what happens when a paticular class takes off.I respectfully ask that you keep this option at least for consideration.If there is a better way than that is the way to go.It does not affect me because I will race my VWs until I quit racing.I would have a wallbanger if I lived closer.They just look like too much fun.Are their any other ideas out there that would keep the playing field fairly even?Just curious and JMO.Thanks for reading

sorry guys mine is not for sale no matter if i got to park it

how do you buy the dent were my grandson rode his bike into it how do you buy the tank that is in it were a friend said here let me help. how do you buy were the good times that was had with friends working together so my car is like part of the family and its not under no way going to be sold with or without my consent

let me know if this takes off i would come race ill go buy i 300.00 or 400 dollar car from the auction and put a cage in it and race keep it simple fair and fun

First of all there has to be a class running, second there should be rules in black and white and enforced. Read the rules and abide by them or don't race. I think before anyone gets huffy about losing a car you need to see what exactly the rules are going to be. I you are that sentamental about a wallbanger car, then maybe you need to reconsider what class you really want to run in. Because these cars will get banged and bent especially when you have more that 20 starting a fearture. Now please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to deter anyone from running in this class. It is a low budget, fun class and is very entertaining for the crowd. Everybody wins, the fans, the drivers and the track. I would just hate to see something killed before it ever comes to life. NOW is the time to really come together and keep asphalt racing alive or there will be alot more yard ornaments out there than there already are and I would hate to see that happen.

More to follow later.

You have just explained why some teams dominate a series.You cannot make enough rules to keep everyone racing the same speed.Even with this entry level car one or more will have a better than average car.That leads to constant rule changes or banning those drivers.I have been on the recieving end of both.Except for getting kicked out at RGS the rule changes made little difference other than to discourage some of the other teams.Driver restrictions have a negative trickle down affect that eventually hurts other classes.Michael,you just described the difference between race cars and cars to race with your Allison and you are correct.As a promoter one thing a claimer can do is give you the option to say to those complaining about someone too fast,"if that car is so fast,buy it. Or shut up and go to work on yours." Someday that option might be more desireable for you when you get it from all directions as what happens when a paticular class takes off.I respectfully ask that you keep this option at least for consideration.If there is a better way than that is the way to go.It does not affect me because I will race my VWs until I quit racing.I would have a wallbanger if I lived closer.They just look like too much fun.Are their any other ideas out there that would keep the playing field fairly even?Just curious and JMO.Thanks for reading

thumper, i believe the answer was NO. lol.

quit making people so paranoid, there will always be a dominating car, and its the ones that maximize the rules.

i like Mikes idea, let the track make the rules, not the drivers. :) Ratdaddy's concept is perfect too "read the rules and bide by them or dont race"

. to keep the car count .you must teck and be fair .. make the rules for a three year period ,,, if they are wrong then so what ..this class has been started over and over ..and as soon as someone has something that others dont and the teck lets it pass .then its over ..... history will tell you that ...... no pickup springs .no heavy duty shocks ..i would add one thing ..make it a choice

to have a front loop or something to help out ..i saw some cars go out hit the wall once and be the end of that car .....plus safety ..not mandatory though .. ...

we have the rules just got to print them up front and back loops are optional but only 2 tubes to the front and 2 too the back no x's from cage to bumper and not bracing from side to side or spring buckets allowed,rules are very close to the dirt track, so some dirt cars can come also hope to have rules put together by sat. night and mike started the class last sat. so just need the cars

B) This class is in the discussion stage and a person of importance is rat daddy which I have talked to and that conversation will continue this week so personally I would say that to have the rules in place by this weekend might be premature. What we have at this time is a true stock class that has been split to accomodate both bombers and pure stocks.Pure stocks will run as true stocks and bombers will run as bombers and those rules will be accomodating to the existing cars in the area. The wallbangers will come but like good soup it takes time to cook and haste will only make it taste bad

B) Now that I have your attention...let's clarify this topic...we all know that the true stock class was an attempt to put all the cars from bombers and pure's under one set of rules..if you have this then you can have that ..if you don't you get this.....what a mess it has been all year...sat nite we put things back in perspective and somewhere along the way the wallbangers got into the mix....the class that was formed sat night is a bomber class where loops will be acceptable and those rules will be available hopefully by this weekend. and the true stock class will continue and will welcome cars that have been built for the pure stock class. More on the wallbangers as it develops ...now please continue................

Archived