wall bangers

scrappy1chevy

Just out of curiousity,what is the difference between a bomber,wallbanger,pure stock and street stock.It seems they are almost the same thing.Whats the difference between stock and stock?If they were mini stocks we would run them all together.No hablo American car.

On another intresting note,reading about the limiteds at HMP it seems they are trying to re-invent the type of car that is a limited.Im afraid they will end up with a handfull of prototypes that are not legal anywhere else.This is similar to what happened to the modified cars.To be successful its important to have the cars exactly as they run now,only exception being possibly a harder tire if necessary.All the dirt modified drivers I know gave up trying to race the purpose built asphalt modifieds and this will happen in the limited/sport mod class too.IMCAs success hinges on equal rules at all tracks.What can CC do to include dirt bombers and other tracks asphalt bombers to get a great car count and possibly a big end of year race like the open wheel cars have across the country?I think this would benifit the track more than paying gobs of money for traveling series that have poor car counts.Are there enough of these types of cars to get 50 or more for a special big money event?I would think so but I dont know.I do know that at Gator 3000 to win brought 60 ministocks from 5 states to run for it and at McAllen in the past 5000 to win brought 150+ cars from all over to race.I think HOT still has a big event that includes all classes.Last I hears there were 210 race cars in the pits for that.I know the tracks made money with multi day pit passes and selling fuel,food,tires,and sponsorship advertizing etc.I guess what Im asking is who would race a race like that with this type of car?Could be fun for everyone..Multiple heat races,C mains,B mains to get a 24 count A main qualified.Lots of racing for everyone.All it takes is numbers.

Thumper, you are correct when you say it seems they are almost the same with the key words being seems and almost.

The idea with the wallbangers is to get back to the bone stock cars that anyone can afford and has a chance to win. 4 point cage, door bars, seat, belts, window net & fuel tank and lets go racing. Oh I almost forgot and I know you will love this since you have promoted this since you used to race dinosaurs :lol: a character for your car.

The Bombers & pure stocks have evolved into much more than that and quite frankley it isn't growing like it should and something needs to be done. I have recieved 3 calls today from drivers that are excited about bringing this class back and 2 of them will be at the track this weekend with the cars. By the following weekend the rules will be set and distributed. Gotta go

hold up a min how many classes is trying to be built here i know mike is working on the bqmmers that we are working on mike had said that wall banningers is some time on down the line he still had resarch to do on them to build a class?

Srappy, Maybe you should go back and relook all the posts'

B) One more time .......we now have a class for pure stocks and they can run americam racers we have some tires for the guys at cc so that class will be together .......the other class is the bombers as we all know and love and the rules are the same as running in the area.......The wallbangers is something completly seperate and some of those cars are out there and are welcome to dig them out from under the tarp and run and that class will come together. Why should anyone care how many classes run at cc as long as a show for the fans is good, fair and exciting. and if five local classes of seperat and dictinct rules is what it takes to bring the comunity together then thats what I'll do........do I hear 7 lol

Thumper

weather looks good and the track is ready....are you loaded yet?

Archived