A 1st for Me

ProTree

Just returned home from Baton Rouge, Louisana and now I can say it's the first race I ever went to work that the Governor of the State said "Cancel your event and send everybody home".Even though we had sunshine and blue skies,the problem would be getting everbody home afterwards.I can say a 7 hour trip to get home today took me over 10 hrs with people getting the jump on the Hurricane.I hate to think how many it would of took Monday.

Edited by ProTree

Tommy.... Did he give the promoters a name and department to submit the Expense reports to>?

exspense reports or death certificates......law suits or liable letigations...damn,,,,they are kinda screwed if we don't screwed if we do in that kinda 'thinking world'.....blame the government for trying to safe your life, and then file an exspense charge on em for doing it.

Tommy.... Did he give the promoters a name and department to submit the Expense reports to>?

exspense reports or death certificates......law suits or liable letigations...damn,,,,they are kinda screwed if we don't screwed if we do in that kinda 'thinking world'.....blame the government for trying to safe your life, and then file an exspense charge on em for doing it.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

hey.. don't shoot the messenger here... i was just looking at it from a promoters perspective or a race teams.... I understand the saving point... i rode one out before.. and its not fun... ('96 in korea).. But that sucks from a promoter or anyone that has already made the trip out there.... I am sure the promoter did a lot of refunding.. The way those Drags are scheduled its hard to reschedule one..

Edited by abrungot

We were able to get word to the racers heading in as they were enroute to the event and they passed the word on to others.Most of the early arrivals that were already there were from the area or Mississippi.I was able to catch the Tex racers on the road and turn em back via cell phone.Also alot of mass e-mails were sent out for the ones coming in Sat.Some of those I called were close to crossing the state line into La.As for expenses,I saw some racers walking out of the office with a check and I walked out with one also.Didnt have to refund entry's,they hadnt started accepting $$ yet since registration didnt open till noon fri.

Edited by ProTree

That's for sure! I've seen FEMA folks out here on at least 2 occasions. Just try to get something as simple as a low water crossing replaced. That was over 14 months ago. It still ain't been replaced. And remember this FEMA stands for Federal EMERGENCY Management Administration. I'd hate to think how long it would take if it WASN'T an emergency!

Don't blame FEMA or any Fed Government Agency. They are there to assist. The blame goes to the Louisiana Government. They are a Joke. I went to Cozumel a few years ago after it was WIPED out by a hurricane. I was on the first ship allowed back into the city, when they were only allowing 2 ships per day. This was 3 weeks after the hurricane, and man was that place a disaster, but I saw people working on cleaning up and rebuilding. They did not wait for federal disaster stuff, they did it themselves. I went to New Orleans last January, 2-3 years after Katrina. There were still trash piles on the streets, cars upside down, fema trailers in peoples drive ways, what a Joke. If they wanted it rebuilt, they would have done it by mow. The Governor of the state and Mayor of New Orleans instead of putting their efforts into rebuilding, they put their efforts into getting people FREE money from the Federal Government. I run an apartment complex, and I STILL have Katrina Victims getting free rent from the Federal Government. They keep extending it and extending it. And you know what, thise people getting free rent, some of them still don't work, are filing for hardship to get more free money, and they are able to work. Louisiana has got to have the stupidest people working in their Gov. if they can't get their shit together after 3 years. As for saving lives. They were just warning you, because on Sunday, the Texas Border Patrol was going to move from the Mexico border to the LA border to keep evacuee's from coming back into TX!!!! They new someo of you would be in a world of trouble if you couldn't get back into our great state of Texas.

Some of you may say What I have said is mean or ignorant, but give me a break. I have been through lots of disasters and I have never seen a state government drag its feet like Louisiana.

Don't blame FEMA or any Fed Government Agency. They are there to assist. The blame goes to the Louisiana Government. They are a Joke. I went to Cozumel a few years ago after it was WIPED out by a hurricane. I was on the first ship allowed back into the city, when they were only allowing 2 ships per day. This was 3 weeks after the hurricane, and man was that place a disaster, but I saw people working on cleaning up and rebuilding. They did not wait for federal disaster stuff, they did it themselves. I went to New Orleans last January, 2-3 years after Katrina. There were still trash piles on the streets, cars upside down, fema trailers in peoples drive ways, what a Joke. If they wanted it rebuilt, they would have done it by mow. The Governor of the state and Mayor of New Orleans instead of putting their efforts into rebuilding, they put their efforts into getting people FREE money from the Federal Government. I run an apartment complex, and I STILL have Katrina Victims getting free rent from the Federal Government. They keep extending it and extending it. And you know what, thise people getting free rent, some of them still don't work, are filing for hardship to get more free money, and they are able to work. Louisiana has got to have the stupidest people working in their Gov. if they can't get their shit together after 3 years. As for saving lives. They were just warning you, because on Sunday, the Texas Border Patrol was going to move from the Mexico border to the LA border to keep evacuee's from coming back into TX!!!! They new someo of you would be in a world of trouble if you couldn't get back into our great state of Texas.

Some of you may say What I have said is mean or ignorant, but give me a break. I have been through lots of disasters and I have never seen a state government drag its feet like Louisiana.

and you can't blame Jindal, just yet! Blanco was a joke for that state, and I'm from Louisiana, Jindal has his hands full trying to rebuild Louisiana, from everything Blanco let slide.

and you can't blame Jindal, just yet! Blanco was a joke for that state, and I'm from Louisiana, Jindal has his hands full trying to rebuild Louisiana, from everything Blanco let slide.

I have not kept up with La polotics, but I did hear that this new Governor even turned down the VP position becuase he wants to straighten out the mess. I don't know names, but the governor from that time, as well as the Mayor of New Orleans from the time, were both a joke and were the cause of all the mess.

may be a bunch caught in it again in N.O..It's getting ready to be the 1st of the month and the checks in the mail and they aint leaving without the check.

:lol: i never thought about that.

Everything you are discribing is a way of life here in the Rio Grande Valley.There are 3rd and 4th generations of professional welfare people and many still dont speak English.There is no limit on welfare here,it goes indefinately.If those professional victoms ever foung out about the system here they would never leave.Dont tell them.The working people here are the ones that drive old crap