Ben Ketteman #37 , The Ken Schrader of Texas Thunder

Texas Thunder has produced some of this states , not to mention some of the nations best dirt track prodigies. But I would like to bring some attention to someone who in my opinion exemplifies what a true racing competitor should be. Ben Ketteman . I've always had a great deal of respect for this guy because of his great attitude week in and week out and his willingness to help anyone that seeks his advice. I've had the privledge to spend some time around Ken Schrader in and around the pits and Ben reminds me alot of him. He's a "Drivers Driver". Ben is currently 4 th in points at Killeen, 7 th in the state and 11th in the region. I look forward to getting back in my car soon and racing with the likes of Ben.

What are your thoughts?

Michael

I think ben is a great guy yes but if you are going to look at a ken schrader of killeen I would go to PJ or Keith. both are multiple winners in many classes and are willing to help.

• 2 weeks later...

You both have good points.. I would hope that you agree that we are very fortunate to have some outstanding drivers and mentors at TTS. They all lend a hand in making TTS an awesome place to race.

One need not win a championship to measure their contribution to ones track. The sharing of ones knowledge only makes for better racing. That's one thing that I can say about all of the drivers that we've mentioned, they have all made an effort to help others further their ability to be more competitive.

Archived