who

HiTech

who carrys the circle track float for the 4412 in texas ... i want to try one out . im thinking the stock one is killing us ...i believe the part number is 116-15 ..

You can order one from Jegs or Summit and they will ship it within a couple of days. I have one new in the package I can bring to the track. O'Reiley's carries a few Holley parts (no one else seems to these days) but I have not seen a circle track float there. BTW you will need to specify left or right depending on how your carb is mounted (float to the front or float to the back).

THANKS JACK ..OURS STUCK OPEN IN THE FEATURE .SOMETHING NEW .AND CARB IS NEW .. YOU KNOW WHAT THE CAR HAS BEEN DOING THESE LAST FEW RACES .THAT MAY HAVE BEEN THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG .JUST FINANLY MISSED UP ENOUGH TO SHOW AND STAYED AFTER THE RACE ..THANKS FOR THE OFFER AND WE WOULD BUY IT FROM YOU ..BUT WE WILL BE TESTING THIS CAR ALOT BEFORE THE NEXT RACE ..TIRED OF THIS SAME PROBLEM THATS BEEN THERE ALL YEAR ..WHEN WE WRECKED THE CAR IN MARCH THIS WAS WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO FIX .DIDNT SHOW BACK UP TILL WE GOT THE CAR BACK UP TO SPEED ..

oldtimer, any time your tech man offers you parts you need to take them. its good politics.

your right i suppose ...look on the other side thow ....can i trust him ..lol yes i can jack is a really fine person aswell as a teck man . i have alot of respect for jack as a teck man and a former competitor . he has never done one thing i know of that would change that ..... also shows he wants all tps cars to run good ... i have to say neil has picked a good one ............im not trying to butter anyone up just the way i feel ................................................................................

.................................while im at it ..id like thank all tps drivers and crews that have taken the time and trouble to try and help us figure this problem out .... havent got it fixed yet .your imput hasnt been for not .. includeing others that dont race with us ..thanks again ..you wont be forgoten

THANKS PS 72 .ILL GIVE THEM A CALL ...

who carrys the circle track float for the 4412 in texas ... i want to try one out . im thinking the stock one is killing us ...i believe the part number is 116-15 ..

Oldtimer, like 1Crew said, Jegs sells them. Braswell makes a very nice one that can be ordered from the comfort of your sofa: (you want the 163100)

http://www.braswell.com/products/floats_1.htm

my bowl faces the left front tire .will this float help seeing it is faceing that way ...million dallor question knowing most of you dont run this typ of setup ..

The whole purpose of the wedge float is to compensate for the fuel climbing up the side of the bowl during cornering, especially on tracks like THR where the whole front straight is curved. With your carb turned sideways, I don't see the benefit personally.

Seems like a lot of the Ford 4-bangers have problems with the 4412 due to the vibrations caused by the motor. Not sure what the fix is though.....

..you made me think alittle harder on the vibration .ive thought aboult it before .and passed it off until now ..we built some solid motor mounts this year . before we chained the motor and that let it move alittle ..now it wont move at all .this has been going on all year so it maybe to much vib.s at high rpm and just shakeing this carb to hell ..we added a new carb at mid season ..and later . fuel lines .fuel pumps. fuel cell . and a ton of other stuff .... car runs good and you think heck found it ...and then shows up again ..problem is it only happens on the track and not every time it goes out ...makes it very hard to find .. we do know its fuel related . just what the problem is we cant pinpoint.. i know one thing im really getting tired of this ..all the years of racen and never had something like this ...so many poeple have given out some great ideals . ...... thanks for getting me back to that thought .aboult vibration ...you second my earlier thoughts ..

Archived