TSRS?

romco???

There are so many good drivers/cars in that series, that it should prove to be very fun to watch. So many are capable of taking the win on any given night. If Tommy Gural is back up to 100%, I'd put my money on him or Reeder.....or either New, or Hudak, or Pollard, or McLemore, or.... I just can't decide! LOL

One thing is for sure, and I'm not trying to start any fights here, but the winner will be a previous THR late model.

Good luck to everyone,

Chase

Well, since no one seems to be able to come up with a current drivers' list for ROMCO, I'll take another stab at this, based on the ROMCO web site..I know you'll let me know if I listed someone ELSE who isn't running! ha!

The Motorsports Zone's Fantastic Five for the ROMCO race this weekend..

1) Brandon Bendele

2) Doug Hooks

3) Heath Stewart

4) Doug Lege'

5) Greg Davidson

If someone DOES get an updated ROMCO drivers' list, could you please forward it to mzone1300@hotmail.com? :D I believe the show HAS to be up to date on local racing, and a ROMCO list is of the utmost importance!

Good luck to all the ROMCO drivers this weekend! B)

Chuck L.

Big John..

Good question...guess I assumed he was..

Anyone have an entry list for the ROMCO race in Houston? or is that ALSO on the ROMCO site and I missed that, too??

I dont know what is going on with ROMCO. SILENT. I asked for them to add me to their list but they have yet to do it. I emailed Mullins, Barden, and Frost but nothing yet. I have no idea what is going on there.

I heard the #5 car was the car to beat this year, because he has experience at SAS and at Kyle. He also has alot of horsepower under the hood of that brand new car. Adios.

Jason,

I too am waiting for info (new driver's list, updated rules) to post on the ROMCO racing site.

Linda maintains the email list and I think Robert has one too. I am not sure how they coordinate the addresses.

Try emailing Linda again to get her to add you to the email list. She is usually pretty busy.

Kris Frost.

If your talking about the plain white car that ran some hot laps at THR this past weekend, he looked good. He was the fastest car at the track Saturday (although that's not saying much), and the motor sounded very strong. I agree he'll be one to watch.

cs

Her's a copy of a short E-mail sent to me from ROMCO.

Hi Everyone,

Houston has made some track improvements and needs

some rubber on the track. Therefore, ROMCO cars will

be allowed a Thursday practice from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00

p.m. It is a restrictive practice which means it will

be limited to appx 2 cars on the track at one time.

This is an open practice with other classes.

There is also a Friday practice from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00

p.m. Again, it will be a restrictive practice with

other classes included. Cost for Friday is $100 per

car.

Houston also has a full concessions available from

8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Currently, we have 27 cars entered for this race.

See you this weekend.

Linda Barden

ROMCO RACING

I'm a new crew member for the #5 team, he's got the new long's motor this year, with the left hander chassis and it hall's ass. In his test's at THR this weekend he was just shaken the car down, to all competitors out there its going to be one hell of a year. Mary Ann Naumann has one hell of a series. Don't count out all the SAS drivers. !0-4 over and out, Adios krusty_rusty.

Big John,

I didn't time every lap, but I did time most of them. Most of the laps I got on the 29 car were in the neighborhood of 16.60-16.70. The first few laps I got on Alexander (white car) after he started running hot were around 15.90-16.00. Just my observations.

Chase

Chase, i didnt time the white car, so i dont know what he ran. everyone and their mother came by and told us we were the fastest, like someone else said, for whatever that is worth. 16.60's aint gonna cut the mustard so im not trying to bragg. what i did see of the the white car didnt look fast, but i understand its a brand new car and they were shaking it down. anyways, good luck to everyone this year.

Big John

Archived