Anyone know results from Houston tonight?

eighttwentyone

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stocks me lynn hardy 70 1st aurthur hermiz 2nd the other texas legand larry schilds III 3rd

mods 9-webster and 1 of the other schilds and i think 28 ralph burris

late models 6 -14-28? the late models and mods kinda sucked with lower car counts i think the track could ease up on the 2 caution rule

thank you to sonny hunt, davidson/turner motorsports the 21 mod crew and the hudsons for all their help as of late you guys dont know how much it means thank you lynn hardy jr #70 pro stock

tonight was a drivers dream set fast time lead every lap including the last one

i know it had to be a little boring for the fans but thankyou for all the cheers....

Only 5 out of 9 LMs finished.What happened?????

The two caution rule is there for a great reason. Some people prefer to beat there way by people. Great rule, keep it in place.

Problem is they are struggeling with car count, then they DQ half the field for meaningless cautions. And again the inconsistencys continue The 45 legacy caused like 4 cautions( jumped the start twice and was allowed to continue. The 3 caused 2 and was DQ'd Whats up with that?

I have made this suggestion before and I will do it again.HMP needs 1 vcr camera aimed at corner #1&2 and a camera aimed at corner #3&4.Then if there is ANY question at all rewind and check it out right there on the spot and make the CORRECT call.Sounds so simple that it just might work!!!!!! ;)

That is a good idea. Gator Motorplex does that and it works. They use it for scoring purposes, but have made wreck cals with it. they have one in turn 1, pointing at the flag stand, then one at the flag stand pointing at the finish line. I think the camera's would work pretty good. Speaking of camera's. I saw a professional video guy standing in turn 4, taking crowd video and some of us racing. Is HMP doing a commercial? If so, that would be awsome for all of us.

Where are the results of the Pro Stock race? They're not on mylaps and not posted with the rest. Was there a problem in tech?

The leader's transponder was cutting in and out and it somehow scrambled the field so they will not be on mylaps. I accidently left them off when I posted the results. My fault. I was trying to do several things at once. John

Problem is they are struggeling with car count, then they DQ half the field for meaningless cautions. And again the inconsistencys continue The 45 legacy caused like 4 cautions( jumped the start twice and was allowed to continue. The 3 caused 2 and was DQ'd Whats up with that?

Ed,

1st - The Allison Legacy Cars are not an HMP class and so you are right, the rules are not consistent with those of HMP. At the request of the organizers of their class, HMP officials followed their guidelines and therefore there is no comparison to the Legacy race and the ASA Pro Late Model race.

2nd - After last night, HMP has reviewed the two caution rule and is now changing it to three cautions because of the low car counts. Regardless of whom the driver is, if they cause three cautions, they are definitely having an off night and are at risk of tearing up other cars as well as their own.

3rd - We have one spotter who was a Pro Late Model Champion, one who raced ROMCO and many other classes for many years, one who raced a Pro Late Model for many years, and one who has professionally raced everything imaginable for his entire life. I'd say that is some pretty experienced eyes officiating the race but you are more than welcome to pop on a red HMP shirt and join right on in. It’s easy to be a critic until you wear the shirt. Many a seasoned racer has tried and quit. It is majority rule on the race calls and most of the time it is unanimous. Get some thick skin and jump in, the waters fine. Just watch out for the sharks (arm chair quarterbacks). lol.

Well it was a long weekend for the WD racing Team....... We had an awsome car all day, I cant thank Raymond, and my Dad enough for putting me a car that can win everytime we pull through the gates at any racetrack we go to. We set fast time, but had to start in the rear of the field due to the probation I was put on a few races ago for speeding int he pits (One more week!!!) When everyone was wanting to get to the bottom i decided to try the outside and man was it working until a lil mishap coming off of turn two which ended with me and Jason Morman trying to knock the outside wall down. But the main reason for the post is - when the car was brought to pit road we had a swarm of people coming over to help us out, I would like to take this time to thank some of them, knowing that I wont list everyone that had a hand in it so please ont get your feelings hurt if I leave you out. Tom Potts for letting us use your tools when ours were at the other end of pit road, Lynn Hardy for his Git-r-Dun attitude, Karl, Kevin, Debbie, and Mom. We did what we needed to do last night and that was take a bad points night and get the best we can out of it, and we came home with a 5th place finish becuase of you guys. I know we will see the results at the end of the year when all the points are counted.

Thanks again to WD racing, Tri-Letric, Umscheid Race Services, Polydyne TX-&, Circle racing wheels, Westside Performance, Penske Shocks, Swenson Racing Chassis and Davidson Motorsports

Thank You

J.C Umscheid

Well Larry wish you would of seen the last race at HMP we used the top then also, but that was our plan from the start as soon as they all went to the bottom we would go to the top, just seems we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We practiced the whole 2nd practice on the outside.

Ed,

1st - The Allison Legacy Cars are not an HMP class and so you are right, the rules are not consistent with those of HMP. At the request of the organizers of their class, HMP officials followed their guidelines and therefore there is no comparison to the Legacy race and the ASA Pro Late Model race.

2nd - After last night, HMP has reviewed the two caution rule and is now changing it to three cautions because of the low car counts. Regardless of whom the driver is, if they cause three cautions, they are definitely having an off night and are at risk of tearing up other cars as well as their own.

3rd - We have one spotter who was a Pro Late Model Champion, one who raced ROMCO and many other classes for many years, one who raced a Pro Late Model for many years, and one who has professionally raced everything imaginable for his entire life. I'd say that is some pretty experienced eyes officiating the race but you are more than welcome to pop on a red HMP shirt and join right on in. It’s easy to be a critic until you wear the shirt. Many a seasoned racer has tried and quit. It is majority rule on the race calls and most of the time it is unanimous. Get some thick skin and jump in, the waters fine. Just watch out for the sharks (arm chair quarterbacks). lol.

Keep all the skilled people you have watching the race and set up two camcorders just in case there is a questionable"whatever call", they can go to the tape real quick and make SURE they got it right!!!!!!!I have seen wrecks happen this year that noone could make the call on so "noone" went to the rear and that just plain aint fair to everyone in/at the race.Eds a very nice guy who has a goodbit of racing experience himself and he is calling em how he sees em from the stands.Don't be offended take it for what it is and try to make it better.

Well Larry wish you would of seen the last race at HMP we used the top then also, but that was our plan from the start as soon as they all went to the bottom we would go to the top, just seems we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We practiced the whole 2nd practice on the outside.

If I'm not mistaken, you used the top groove at THR during the last race there also and made it work.

You're fun to watch JC. I had no idea about the probation until you mentioned it, but you appear to be taking it like a true sportsman. Keep up the good work.

The two caution rule is there for a great reason. Some people prefer to beat there way by people. Great rule, keep it in place.

full moon for sure

Archived