a lonely night of brainstorming

circleburner

as i was sitting around last night i was thinking (yes that was the smoke from up north Aaron)..since money and sponsors are so important to racers and racers are so important to track, what can the track do to help racers get and keep sponsors?

a few thoughts:

1. continued pumping of the sponsors by announcers at every chance....every sponsor likes to hear his name over the speaker

2. allow the sponsors of cars registered to post a small amount of advertising at the track, drivers can give Mary Ann the names, each sponsor woulf d provide signs and literature..thers plenty of fence space doing nothing around track...wont directly help track but in a rounfd about way it would

3. sponsor of the week ..each driver can nominate a sponsor good to them and they can present them with a few tickets to get their empl;oyeess and such in for a week..allow sponsor to wave green flag or start your engines etc...

4. any other ideas?

All very good ideas, what about its the drivers responsibility to get the track his/her sponsor info, the track nor the announcers should not have to beg for this info.

Come on guys get your sponsors names out there, you owe it to them.

ohh that was smoke i thought it was a new form of rain clouds in TX..

The K-MAC Crew has certainly been a staffing lift that THR needed...

I think just like there is a P.R. Director, Debbie could use the help and have a D.R. Director (Driver Relations)

Give her help tracking down drivers & setting up these meetings, and working to help the drivers like several have said with their sponsor relations..

(NO Debbie, i ain't saying your not doing your job, you do an excellent one...

just saying your over-worked, under-paid.. and i am afraid of burn out..)

:D Every sponsor does like to hear their name announced or likes to see their name or business name up on a billboard at the track. ;) My question is, Where are these ads to be posted??? The back straightaway at THR already has all the ad spaces taken up. What limitations are there on size of the sign(s) or amount of signs. I know, I would like to have my sponsors announced and recognized for their support, but I do not ever remember anyone coming up to me after a race and saying " Hey, I heard our name announced or I heard a quick shout out to our business. It's not like we get lot's of PA time. They announce the name of the class running, or the name of the Touring series that may be there for the evening, the driver of the car (maybe) and that's all I ever hear when I am in the stands. Are we seriously considering the possibility of placing individual sponsors ads around the facility??? What is it going to cost me or my sponsors to participate??? I can make my own signs (professionaly done of course), but I would like to know if this is a serious possibilty or just talk. I want to be able to support MaryAnn & THR as much as they have supported us in the Racing community. :D Thanx, Lenny66 B)

any place there is fence or wall there is advertising space it doesnt need to be 40 feet a 24x24 hung by the entrance of the mens room.... (or in my case maybe an add in the center of the urinal...lol)..

if you went to a potential sponsor and said yo uget my right quarter and i can put you sign up in 2 places , isnt that better, and if you can tell them their name will be mentioned alot even better..

1 extra pace lap around the track to give the announcer time to make sure he recognizes all sponsors and helpers for a racer is not too much time, its far too important of a deal to be rushed through..

also i guess they have given up on the winner interview in the infield of the race?..i agree that everybody who ever knew the guy shouldnt need to run out on the track for a pic..those can be takenafter races or in pits..bu ta chance for the driver himself to thank his helpers and sponsors is VERY VERY important

oh and JC ids right,,if there are those of yo uwho havent been begging to get your sponsors names mentioned SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

don't rely on sponsors.....they are great to have but if you can't afford to race what you are racing without sponsor help then you shouldn't be racing it. you will get discouraged real quick , then you will have to start missing races or scrimping on stuff needed to help you perform.

too many people get all gleamy eyed over what a sponsor offers at the 1st of the year only to be disappointed by what they actually recieve.

race what YOU can afford (for every race on the schedule).whatever the sponsor ends up giving you then helps you afford to go faster. jmo.

-note-

thanX K&S towing , AMM collision cntrs , Junior Medlock , GraphicsGuys.com, MRE and TRC.

as i was sitting around last night i was thinking (yes that was the smoke from up north Aaron)..since money and sponsors are so important to racers and racers are so important to track, what can the track do to help racers get and keep sponsors?

a few thoughts:

1. continued pumping of the sponsors by announcers at every chance....every sponsor likes to hear his name over the speaker

2. allow the sponsors of cars registered to post a small amount of advertising at the track, drivers can give Mary Ann the names, each sponsor woulf d provide signs and literature..thers plenty of fence space doing nothing around track...wont directly help track but in a rounfd about way it would

3. sponsor of the week ..each driver can nominate a sponsor good to them and they can present them with a few tickets to get their empl;oyeess and such in for a week..allow sponsor to wave green flag or start your engines etc...

4. any other ideas?

Good idea, all the things my business does to support auto racing it would be good for them to get some more advertising in return.

it would also help if other drivers would buy from those sponsors on other cars .im going to have my driveway replaced from someone that used to sponsor jessie .s car a few years ago .i havent forgoten them .and i eat at a local chicken place named pete.s cuz they used to sponsor another car ...good food too ..so it comes back to a sponsor somewhere down the road ..alot of sponsors dont really know who is buying from them when they have been seen on a car ..alot of poeple dont tell them ..i make a point of telling them how i found out aboult them ..

They announce the name of the class running, or the name of the Touring series that may be there for the evening, the driver of the car (maybe) and that's all I ever hear when I am in the stands.

Lenny,

I'm guessing you haven't heard the announcements the past 2 race nights @ THR..we announce at least the top 3 sponsors for each car for BOTH the heat races and the feature races..if we don't get them in pre-race then we make a point to get them in during the first yellow/caution period...

When Mary Ann brought myself, Bobby & K-MAC Sports in, that was her top request (and complaint from drivers)...believe me, my friend, we're working to get the sponsors announced on Race Night..and you let us know when we don't...

3 years ago, HMP didn't celebrate the winners, now they do and the fans love the winners circle stuff. I mentioned to Mick last season that along with winners circle, at least interview the winner, if not all three drivers. Let them thank their sponsors, the fans, their crew. This is another way of getting the fans connected with the drivers and the drivers getting there sponsor name out. I sent one of my sponsors a video clip of one of my trips to winners circle, and in the video, you could hear Bob call my car the "Triple 7 CB Gear Chevy Lumina" and they liked that. It seems he gave me a theme song too, every tim I get out of the car, I hear the same song!!!

My suggestions:

1.) I don't know if this would help retain sponsors, but I think this might help the car count. We should be able to mount a passenger seat in some of the classes (Hobby Stock and lower) to spark the racing addiction in other people who don't have a car or have never been on the track. My cousin (15 yrs old) got in a hobby stock car during last friday's practice and loved every second of it. All I'm saying, is that I think we need to be the link between people who are in the grand stands and the racers. Maybe we might even be able to have a small session during intermission where we take a ticket winner from the stands on a 10 lap ride in a race car.

2.) Maybe have dollar beer/dollar dogs night... (like SA missions - those seats are packed; no one cared about the baseball game - they just wanna drink brewskies).

3.) Car shows in SA would be great (pass out free admission tickets - consessions sell).

4.) Put a front page ad in the SA Express News and the New Braunfels Zeitung showing people who THR is, where it's located, etc.

Lots of cars = Lots of people in the stands.

They announce the name of the class running, or the name of the Touring series that may be there for the evening, the driver of the car (maybe) and that's all I ever hear when I am in the stands.

Lenny,

I'm guessing you haven't heard the announcements the past 2 race nights @ THR..we announce at least the top 3 sponsors for each car for BOTH the heat races and the feature races..if we don't get them in pre-race then we make a point to get them in during the first yellow/caution period...

When Mary Ann brought myself, Bobby & K-MAC Sports in, that was her top request (and complaint from drivers)...believe me, my friend, we're working to get the sponsors announced on Race Night..and you let us know when we don't...

My apologies Chuck, Allow me to clarify my comment I should have stated "When I do get to sit in the stands" Usually we are working on the car or talking amongst ourselves in the pits. I mean no disrespect to any of you fine folks that are doing a job that I do not always have the opportunity to listen in on. I just stated what I have heard from our fans regarding our efforts at the track. :D Keep up the great work.

Thanx, Lenny66 B)

Lenny,

thanks for the reply...

Again, we're a "work in progress" so keep the feedback (positive AND negative) coming to us!

I'm just a pro stock driver out at HMP, but I have never had a problem with the announcer mentioning sponsors. Our announcer walks the pits before every race and talks to the drivers, if you're not getting your sponsors the attention.... Shame on you... I even told him I had a potential sponsor in the stands this last race and he called out his name 3 or 4 times.

I may not be a great driver, but I have secured lots of money in sponsorships my first year of racing, and after they came out to the races they have commited to another year.

Ron Walters

#33 Pro Stock

Archived