Toyota Plant,

bigfat

The way I understand they are moving Sequoias to the Indiana plant and all Tundra production will be done here. Dano is right, employees still go in for training and evaluations not just go sit at home.

It really is a nice piece but I want have to worry about considering buying one until Toyota builds a 1 ton diesel duelly Tundra. ohmy.gif

Doubt they would get in that with market for big trucks the way it is. Awhile back I heard they were doing quite a bit of R&D on 1 tons and testing but I think its all been squished.

TOYOTA OPENING THE TRACK WOULD BE A GREAT MOVE. BY THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN THE TRUCK, NATIIONWIDE, AND CUP SERIES, RACING IS HELPING THEM BIG TIME. THEY SHOULD START GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY. DONT REALLY CAR WHO COULD REOPEN THE TRACK BUT WHO WILL IF EVER? MAYBE IT IS TIME TO JUST MOVE ON, BUT IT DOES MAKE FOR SOME GOOD CONVERSATION.

• 3 weeks later...
TOYOTA OPENING THE TRACK WOULD BE A GREAT MOVE. BY THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN THE TRUCK, NATIIONWIDE, AND CUP SERIES, RACING IS HELPING THEM BIG TIME. THEY SHOULD START GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY. DONT REALLY CAR WHO COULD REOPEN THE TRACK BUT WHO WILL IF EVER? MAYBE IT IS TIME TO JUST MOVE ON, BUT IT DOES MAKE FOR SOME GOOD CONVERSATION.

DO YOU REALLY THINK TOYOTA WOULD BUY OR BUILD A RACE TRACK IN THE US? DON'T KID YOURSELF, TOYOTA LIKE ALL OTHER FORIEGN CAR MAKERS SENDS MORE THAN 78% OF THE COMPANY'S PROFIT BACK TO THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN. LESS THAN 22% OF THE PROFIT MADE FROM PRODUCTION AND SALES IN THE US STAYS IN THE US. WE ARE LIUCKY TO HAVE WHAT WE HAVE AND IF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC CONTINUES TO BUY FORIEGN CARS AND TRUCKS THEN IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE MORE OVAL TRACKS WILL CLOSE AND YOU WILL HAVE THE FAST AND FURIOUS RULING THE RACE SCEEN. SORRY FOR BEING PATRIOTIC AND SUPPORTING MY COUNTRY. B.S. NO I'M NOT I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN AND AN OVAL TRACK RACER FOR LIFE.

my question to you is . do you buy at walmart .. best buys . if you havent looked lately . not many companys out there have all american made products .in fact i know of none ...somewhere in thier product process a piece was made from some other country ..look at msd .im mad .our high dallor 6al .was made in china ... now i agree with you with racen ..besides toyota could care less . aboult oval track racen .they got into it to do eveything they can to kill gm .ford and dodge ..and they will do. it ..then again they saw an oppertunity and took it ..the big three didnt put up a very big fight ...cuz they could have stoped it ..bottom line is america has been sold out .and that started way back when metric came along .there is no going back . thats to late ...

This sounds crazy and scary but,one of the best things to ever happen to this country "IN THE LONG RUN" is the deflated dollar and higher gas prices.The lower the value of the dollar,the cheaper it is to manufacture in the U.S.With shipping cost,both by sea and by air,getting so high it has also made U.S. manufacturing more attractive.Now if our "to big for their britches" government would pull back on some of those regulations they have put in place,all manufacturing would come back home.

good point. These things are somewhat cyclic. Remember in the 80's when the yen was so strong relative to the dollar that the Japanese bought "everything" in the USA worth owning?

How did that work out for them when that economic cycle ended?

Not too good, cousin.

they bought up everything american made to study it and improve it. the japanese are some of the best engineers in the world, and they build a very high quality product. plus there are plenty of people over there that are happy with just having a job, even if they are only making $1 a week. we have gotten too used to material items here that if we make less than $7.00 an hour we bitch and moan that we are under paid. our greed and egos are what is bringing this country down, foreign countries are just cashing in on our stupidity. jmo

I was speaking more in terms of high dollar investments and acquisitions. They bought a lot of the buildings/real estate/retail/resort property and had to sell it later at a loss.

Their stock market collapsed when the economy later spun on THEM and they couldn't service the debt.

Jay

they bought up everything american made to study it and improve it. the japanese are some of the best engineers in the world, and they build a very high quality product. plus there are plenty of people over there that are happy with just having a job, even if they are only making $1 a week. we have gotten too used to material items here that if we make less than $7.00 an hour we bitch and moan that we are under paid. our greed and egos are what is bringing this country down, foreign countries are just cashing in on our stupidity. jmo

If someone is only making $7.00 and hour in the USA they have to moan because they are starving.

Go to any store and turn over the products.If you find anything,anything at all made in Japan,please tell me.For that matter,even the so called "Japanese vehicle" is'nt made in Japan anymore.The manufacturing on this planet seems to have a 30 year cycle.The Chinese will get tired of not being able to afford what the are producing,just like the Japanese did,and will demand higher and higher wages,just like the Japanese did.And what country will the manufacturing move to?Whoever has the lowest labor,least amount of government red tape,and the lowest export tarrifs.As far as the Chinese buying up the American debt(bonds),they are sunk if the dollar remains low.Our current financial wizards are genius.It is in the best interest of China to protect the U.S. economically and militarily.If the U.S. falls,so does China,Japan,South Korea,Taiwan,Australlia,etc....

DO YOU REALLY THINK TOYOTA WOULD BUY OR BUILD A RACE TRACK IN THE US? DON'T KID YOURSELF, TOYOTA LIKE ALL OTHER FORIEGN CAR MAKERS SENDS MORE THAN 78% OF THE COMPANY'S PROFIT BACK TO THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN. LESS THAN 22% OF THE PROFIT MADE FROM PRODUCTION AND SALES IN THE US STAYS IN THE US. WE ARE LIUCKY TO HAVE WHAT WE HAVE AND IF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC CONTINUES TO BUY FORIEGN CARS AND TRUCKS THEN IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE MORE OVAL TRACKS WILL CLOSE AND YOU WILL HAVE THE FAST AND FURIOUS RULING THE RACE SCEEN. SORRY FOR BEING PATRIOTIC AND SUPPORTING MY COUNTRY. B.S. NO I'M NOT I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN AND AN OVAL TRACK RACER FOR LIFE.

Hummm!

How about sponsoring one? Does that count?

toyotaspeedwayatirwindale

Archived