Stewart

mac70

I can't help but think Hendrick is getting themselves in to deep with all this big name star power. If HMS is going to supply the horsepower still to Stewart/Haas, that's some star power, Yankees of NASCAR, somebody will feel they are gettin shafted on this deal when the don't perform as well as the others.

I'm not a Ford person but I'm glad to see Doug Yates racing turning the corner, I heard they may end up with the 28 & 38 fully sponsored and may even entertain the thoughts of a 3rd team.

thats true, i forgot about that. so he is safe for the first 5 races at least, lets hope he can get his stuff together quick and get in the top 35.

They don't count the provisional start unless he actually uses it. If he qualifies he is in and the provisional is safe for another day. So its more than the first 5. I also believe that they can use the provisional either 6 or 7 times before its no longer available to him. Bill Elliott has ran several races this season and has only used his provisional once or twice. He keeps qualifing in so Stewart is safe for awhile. Newman will be the one who has to hustle. I think Chase is right about the Toyota thing and Stewart.

And who knows, NASCAR had mentioned earlier this year that they are studying the 35 qualification rule and may either lower it to 25 or even do away with it. Who knows which way NASCAR will go but I do expect to see some ruling after this season. Fans are not liking this top 35 rule since it only leaves 8 other positions to fill. And when about 10 of the 12 cars trying to get in by qualifying run faster than several of the insured 35 than that kind of takes away what the sport is all about. I recall one race last year where Michael Waltrip did not qualify yet he was faster than 22 of the top 35 guaranteed spot. Thats pretty sad. :blink:

i dont like any of that bs .nascar does ..you fast enough to make the race .you get in .period ..no hand outs ..top 12 run for the championship ..bs .go back ..atleast poeple are racen for the whole season for the championship ..one championship at that ..not for 26 races and then start over ..some teams have ran better in the last ten races and could have finished way up .in points .but stuck in 12 th ......if 12th was all i had a chance to finish in after a bad season and came on like gang busters in the last ten races ..i would not be happy . i would not want to race that searies anymore ..another thing sponsor money is sometimes based off where you finished that season .now if you could get 8 .and 12 is all you can get to becuz of the rules .that hurts .

i am excited to see stewart go ahead and grab his own team. a good chunk of the best drivers have ended up owning their own team. petty, earnhardt, johnson..... the list goes on. he doesnt have to be pressured into retiring when he doesnt want to. what about zippy. do you think he is going to stick with his driver or with the company.

...And who knows, NASCAR had mentioned earlier this year that they are studying the 35 qualification rule and may either lower it to 25 or even do away with it. ...

May be an non-issue. With some sponsorships gong by the wayside and single car teams dissolving, there my only be 40 to 43 cars attemtping to race.

:D I am not a "big" Stewart fan, but I do give him kudo's and a atta boy for going for it!!! I like the fact that an individual can make an effort to hold his own. I like that about Robby Gordon also, he is an independent car owner/driver. Alan Kulwicki (RIP) CUP WINNER another name as an independent. Good Luck Tony, Welcome back to CHEVROLET!!! ;) Lenny66 B)

Archived