TECHNICAL INFRACTION #02 Super Stock

STREET02

According to wind tunnel numbers,when a car breaks 60mph,downforce comes into play.

With the BB/ss setup and the proper set up and body work, downforce comes into play at much slower speeds than a few years ago. Many of today's full bodied stock cars are capable of producing significant vacuums under their car to produce downforce even in the turns where speeds are typically slower.

If I were a tech official these days, I'd keep a pretty close watch on side skirting and front air dams in the lower divisions.

Nick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make fun all you want "aero" is something that is overlooked by alot of teams.It's free weight that comes and goes at the right time. ;)

Landlord,

I am not making fun of aero, I am poking fun at my manufacturer support. I don't know much about aero, but I know it works.

Nick,

I don't think that anyone in lower classes would dabble in wild skirting and front vailances.

post-1803-1215013287_thumb.jpg

Nick,

I don't think that anyone in lower classes would dabble in wild skirting and front vailances.

I see you paid attention in class, Arthur.

Some of the teams I consult with in other parts of the country were experimenting with "regenerating" skirts and dams. A couple of these systems involved brake-activated adjustable skirts that allowed the skirts/dams to make direct contact with the track on every lap no matter how long the race. Kinda like sharks' teeth. When one tooth brakes off, another is right there to take its place. When part of the skirt rubs off on the track, the next turn has a nice fresh contact with the track.

Until recently, most tech officials just assumed the skirts were "fixed" rather than adjustable, but now the secret's out. Apparently the way they discovered the system was while they were checking a car for traction control devices someone noticed an extra line from from brake system. And since most tech officials don't scoot around under the cars, nobody was noticing the spring-loaded skirt adjusters on the body mounts.

Nick

Arthur Jack is not the one making up the rules about the bodys being stock or aftermarket.someone else is. Like fellow racer-s. I dont understand the big deal if the frame and suspention meet the rules.I like watching more than one style of car racing together.

Arthur Jack is not the one making up the rules about the bodys being stock or aftermarket.someone else is. Like fellow racer-s. I dont understand the big deal if the frame and suspention meet the rules.I like watching more than one style of car racing together.

Yeah, I found that out. Jack has put it to rest. He told me that there is no problem with my car. If I hear any more complaints, I will refer them back to Jack and tel them to give it a rest. I have run the same body for 3 years, NOW someone has a problem with it??? All I can say is tough, I WILL NOT change it. 1, I like he body, 2 I can't afford it. I don't have the disposable income that others do, I race week to week and almost idn't get to race this past weekend because of the damage done last race. Glad I did, I talked with Jack in a civil manner and feel much better. I hope Jack feels that we can get along too, even if we don't see eye to eye. (He is taller than me :lol: )

Ouch Nick, that hurts!!! And I USED to like you!!! :lol:

Oh, by the way Nick. I got caught with my traction control in the car this weeknd, they just told m to take it out, they thought it was a lap timer and that it wasn't hooked up. Said someone had complained about it. Can you help me figure out where I can hide my next traction conrol device. I got to have it, I can't drive without it, I mean, I don't want to slide around the track like I was on a dirt track or something!!! :D

By the way nick, I promised Jack I would take that vailance off the car because it was not the INTENT of the rules. I will continue to work to make my car fater, per the rules, but apparently I have set a bad example?

by the way...man am I repeating myself. his was 3 different posts, that is why there are all the "By The Way Nick" comments

Arthur - As you well know I am the the President and Founder of the Bad Example Association (BEA). I assume your dues are in the mail, eh?

Danielsen - You're kicked out of the Association, buddy. All this recent positive I-37 talk out of you proves that you are no longer a worthy BEA member. Your pro-rated refund check in in the mail.

Jack - Since this is "Open Registration" month at BEA, if you'd like to nominate a few more Bad Examples, just submit their names and we'll get them on the "Moderator Approval List" immediately.

Nick Holt, President and Founding Father

Texas Chapter, Bad Example Association

"Setting Bad Examples for Fun and Profit"

Archived