Missing Person

dano36

I got to the track around 4PM last night and made my usual round of the pits before going to the grand stands to watch racing. I was glad to see the return of Mark Crudimsky with his sharp numbr 39 modified but also noticed a few missing familiar faces. Mark Mathias, Steve Osborne, and several others. A few there without their cars, Keith Garrett, Robert Mayberry, Greg Rohmer, etal. Left a bit of a hole in the nights competition even though several drivers did put on a great show to please the crowd. Seein Mona Turner there without a race car was kind of bittersweet but it was good to see Mona and her husband there.

But something was missing and I searched around. Concession sales were down and I wondered why. Then when the TPS races were ran I saw what it was. Big Fat Jody Wayne was not to be found. What a bummer. We missed you last night JW. Hurry back and bring a car.

:D

Thanks Dano!

I really enjoyed seeing everyone at the track. I too, noticed the missing drivers. I also missed Aaron Brungot. Where was he at? I hope they go back & that it was a one time miss.

The racing action was very good and getting home at a decent hour was great. I like how the show kept moving. Glad to see that Mickey's fire was not bad. I was scared for a bit. Great to see that he was able to keep racing.

I liked the look of my car out on the track. I think Aaron did a good job. You guys just wait till Sara gets in it. I think she plans on kicking butt & taking names as she does it. The girl has got determination.

Aaron's grandfather is seriously ill - in New Hampshire, I think. He and Laura left on a long drive on Wednesday evening.

Aaron,

I hope your grandfather is doing better now.

I'm having to take off some time from racing to take care of my mother , my mortgage business (Key Financial Corporation) & Texas Hot Rods. I hope Mary Ann doesn't think that we don't want to race at THR. I just cann't keep up the pace that is needed to give everything the attention it deserves. Me and Bob love to race & can't wait untel we can race again. I know when we come back, we will be focused & alot better all around.

We love THR staff,track, facility & racers.

Mark Mathias #20 ASA Super Stock & #20 TSRS

post-2111-1214799229_thumb.jpg

Dano and I discussed this very subject Saturday night, as we watched the races from the stands at THR. While car counts in the Pro Trucks and Pro Mods have slowly increased from the beginning of the season, the local Thurnder and Super Stock class counts have dwindled significantly. From the fans' point of view this is a genuine concern, and right now it should be THR's MAIN concern. I think from this point forward this season we all need to do what we can to see these car counts increased.

There's a general "Rule of Thumb" in racing ..................... as car counts go, so goes the "FAN COUNT."

I'm having to take off some time from racing to take care of my mother , my mortgage business (Key Financial Corporation) & Texas Hot Rods. I hope Mary Ann doesn't think that we don't want to race at THR. I just cann't keep up the pace that is needed to give everything the attention it deserves. Me and Bob love to race & can't wait untel we can race again. I know when we come back, we will be focused & alot better all around.

We love THR staff,track, facility & racers.

Mark Mathias #20 ASA Super Stock & #20 TSRS

Understand where you are coming from Mark and we are with you in spirit while you are having to tend to other matters that keep you away from the track. Racing is a sport first, and that makes anything else such as family and job more important. But hey, we still miss you.......... :(

Unnecessary rules and lack of money.

Lots of cars sitting in the bushes!!!

Make it easier to race...not harder!!!

I agree here Marvin. The rules are rigid and yes, that does have its place. But face it, you all are not running in some national championship association, you are running at a local track. So why all the rigidity which does keep too many home. I am not saying throw the rules out the window but how about thinking about them a bit and easing up a tad. :)

Dano and I discussed this very subject Saturday night, as we watched the races from the stands at THR. While car counts in the Pro Trucks and Pro Mods have slowly increased from the beginning of the season, the local Thurnder and Super Stock class counts have dwindled significantly. From the fans' point of view this is a genuine concern, and right now it should be THR's MAIN concern. I think from this point forward this season we all need to do what we can to see these car counts increased.

There's a general "Rule of Thumb" in racing ..................... as car counts go, so goes the "FAN COUNT."

Agreed Bud. Check your PMs and I also sent you some pics via email. :)

MONEY ALWAYS WINS!!!

Money does not always win. I guess you were not around to watch the ultimate poorboy, Rick Rapp, win big and win consistently in the top classes in a wide variety of racing venues... And I could mention some teams with very limited resources who do very well at THR night after night.

What wins is a good combination of in-depth suspension engineering knowledge and set up experience, a decent power plant, some quality seat time and a team that doesn't make excuses.

Oh yes, money does help buy things, but it doesn't buy seat time. It doesn't buy knowledge. I doesn't buy hard work. It doesn't buy a positive, "can do" attitude that is found in virtually all your winning teams.

It is soooo easy to get on here and complain about everything. Not too sure what good it does to sit at home in the A/C instead of racing and then get on here and bitch about stuff.

Nick

So what you're trying to say Nick, if money won you could afford mirrors, if you had mirrors then Jody would appear. So no money and no mirrors equals no Jody.

A bit of "fuzzy" logic there Ozzy! But thanks for getting us back on topic!

Jody Wayne isn't vain like everyone thinks. After all, vanity's a fault and we all know bigfat has no faults! LOL

Nick

Archived