MISSING Nick's Live Updates from THR

robwhite

Nick is a man of his word.... but!

Hopefully the past troublemaker has started counseling with AA. Nick gets nothing from the track for doing the updates, but has to deal with the BS from people like this.

You are appreciated Nick.

Tom

Support the track—that supports you! UMA.

Step it up

THUNDERHILL RACEWAY

UNOFFICIAL RACE RESULTS

JUNE 28, 2008

TEXAS PRO SEDANS: (1) Mike Merrell, Kingsland; (2) Sergio Hexsel, Live Oak; (3) Lalo Leal, Corpus Christi; (4) Mike Knotts, Universal City; (5) Tom Johnson, Kingsland

(6) Jason Krueger, Seguin; (7) Jesse Sandoval, Corpus Christi; (8) Bruce Mabrito, San Antonio; (9) Adam McCosh, Cibolo; (10) Lisa Sandoval, Corpus Christi

NASKARTS: (1) Mike Steinman, Austin; (2) Marty Kreis, Austin; (3) J M Skaggs, Austin; (4) Brian Kuempel, Austin; (5) Travis Roberts, Austin

PRO TRUCKS: (1) Jim Albert, Lockhart; (2) Rusty Mirth, Austin; (3) Terry James, Buda; (4) Volker Steffan, Marble Falls; (5) Nick Riddell, Sunnyvale

(6) Joshua Tuttle, San Antonio; (7) Cameron Moore, Jr., Buda; (8) David Lewien, Blanco; (9) Roy Frazier, San Antonio; (10) Pat Wiley, Sunnyvale

PRO MODIFIEDS: (1) HE Naumann, Del Valle; (2) JC Umscheid, Alvarado; (3) Mark Chrudimsky, Hutto; (4) Tuffy Hudson, Ingleside; (5) John Paul Kliewer, Fair Oaks

(6) Rick Wycough, Richardson; (7) Bob Slezinsky, Beeville; (8) Ronnie Loomis, Dickinson; (9) Marc Madison, Tioga; (10) Jay Guthrie, Dallas

THR THUNDER STOCKS: (1) Anthony Gordon, San Antonio; (2) Gary Chancellor, Bastrop; (3) Joey Tschoerner, Bartlett; (4) Steve Joyce, Buda; (5) Mason Teague, Paige

ASA A-LINE SUPER STOCKS: (1) Cary Stapp, San Marcos; (2) Shawn Paul Lehman, Manchaca; (3) Duane Toyne, Leander; (4) Matt Hodge, Kyle; (5) Mickey "Fireball" McKim, Manchaca

GRAND STOCKS: (1) Art Ganss, Driftwood; (2) Carolyn Aramendia, San Antonio; (3) James Aramendia, San Antonio; (4) Homer Pitner, New Braunfels; (5) John Fitch, Buda

Chuck,

Thanks for the update, I'd like to find the SOB who was threatening Nick and show him some true southern hospitality. Maybe have him over and BBQ him. Like was mentioned, Nick is great at what he does and does it out of the kindness of his heart for the racers and personally is one of the nicest guys you could know.

I hope the cops put this jacka$$ in jail so nick will come back to the track

I think Nick WILL be back. He know's he's appreciated by 99.9 (love that #) percent of us. The 1 percent that tries to f-up the balance, will GO AWAY.........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there last night, but when I get on here on Sunday's, I like to read what he has to say. He does not sugar coat anything, tell's it like it is, and I commend him for it! And like I said before........HE DOES A PRETTY DAMN GOOD JOB!

And if WE find out who that person might be...as Mr T would say " I PITTY DA FOOL"

Maybe it's time for a "Live Update" update. LOL

First off, I want to thank the many who have been encouraging during this stressful time. I had no idea that so many not only enjoyed, but actually depended upon the live updates from both HMP and THR.

I am in Maine for the next few weeks. For the first time in several years, I have no official duties with any series or track and am taking this opportunity to put in some "sweat equity" at the Holt family home on the Maine coast. Since I'm broke most of the time, I retain my ownership share this way. I usually only take two weeks each summer, but we have a major project going and I have no return date set.

I really enjoy doing the live updates. I'm sure I make boo boos all the time. It's impossible to see everything at all times and sometimes my old fart fingers don't coopedrate with my old fart brain and sometimes I'm just not fast enough to keep up with the action. But I do try to call it the way I see it and let the chips fall where they may. This time the chips were more than I cared to deal with and have involved the law. Can't say any more about that at this point.

Nick

What kind of project you go goin on up there?

The Holt family homestead in Lamoine, Maine, has been in the family since 1860 when it was built as a farmhouse by my great-grandfather. It's in a beautiful, coastal village right across the road from one of those white, New England churchs with the spire with a weathervane on top. You've probably seen pictures of this church since it's so typical of the churches built in the mid 1800's all over New England.

When my parents passed away my three brothers and I inherited the place. My youngest brother has moved in and retains majority ownership after the other two brothers sold (or gave) their share to him.

Over the past few years the house has undergone some extensive remodling including the addition of a huge three-bay, two story garage - a barn, actually, that has more square-footage than the house. The last remaining original barn on the property needs to come down, but since the design of the barn is now considered "historically important," we can't just tear it down. So, it needs to be moved. Thus the project... Try moving a 150 year-old barn sometime.. LOL

Nick

While I know Nick is out of town this particular weekend, I hope he goes back to the updates.

I am currently typing this while on a work related trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and if I couldn't be there in person, some updates would have been great.

Thus the project... Try moving a 150 year-old barn sometime.. LOL

That is indeed a pressing issue. Nick, you should not have any problem moving that barn. After all, weren't you there when the Family raised it???

What kind of project you go goin on up there?

The Holt family homestead in Lamoine, Maine, has been in the family since 1860 when it was built as a farmhouse by my great-grandfather. It's in a beautiful, coastal village right across the road from one of those white, New England churchs with the spire with a weathervane on top. You've probably seen pictures of this church since it's so typical of the churches built in the mid 1800's all over New England.

When my parents passed away my three brothers and I inherited the place. My youngest brother has moved in and retains majority ownership after the other two brothers sold (or gave) their share to him.

Over the past few years the house has undergone some extensive remodling including the addition of a huge three-bay, two story garage - a barn, actually, that has more square-footage than the house. The last remaining original barn on the property needs to come down, but since the design of the barn is now considered "historically important," we can't just tear it down. So, it needs to be moved. Thus the project... Try moving a 150 year-old barn sometime.. LOL

Nick

I have been in on a house move before.It was ALOT of work!!!!!Have fun!!!! :)

Nick as i said on another post we miss your live updates as some of us who must stay at home for health or money reasons depend on them to keep up with all our racing friends good luck on all you need to do in Maine and hoping for a fast return and future updates we all miss you us old timers have to stick together . its nice to see even thou your thousands of miles away your still keeping up with whats going on in Texas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM to my last post on to keep up with friends i should have added and family. And on on old timers have to stick together i should have added as our numbers seem to keep shrinking !!!!!!!!!!

well i for one will miss nicks updates form thr the most because alot of you know me and there is alot of new pople on here now that i dont know , i now live in the dfw area now so this is the only way i can see how my friends re doing in the races , so i hope nick you do come back and start doing the updates once again, and thank you very much for the updates you have been doing till now.

your friend

louis beaver

Archived