Texas World Speedway

DKL

I was just curious why they are not listed , what's going on with that track? I see bikes and a driving school on their web site, is that track to fast to run pro trucks or the faster cars on? Since they built Texas Motor Speedway are they pretty much out of the loop now in college station?

TWS hasn't seen anything like that since the early 90's. The Ishin Corp purchased the track in '91 and repaved/refurbished, but after a short time, the money was gone and Richard Conole took back ownership, from that point the track has hosted the events/series you mentioned.

The grandstands are currently not accessible so that in itself makes it impossible to host spectator events, I do believe the property was purchased recently but I do not believe there are plans for a resurrection.

But, that would be nice, that place has a lot of history, it's all documented here on TSZ somewhere!

Totally correct, the new owners (one of which has some connection with roadracing)have no plans to bring major auto racing back. However, they have said they are going to work on improvements to the facility as it is rented out every weekend to multiple car clubs. Many of them are just lapping session type deals but SCCA(Sports Car Club of America)and NASA does hold wheel to wheel roadracing events. Brendan Gaughn used to come test in his truck but made mention that the oval has become extremely bumpy again so we haven't seen him in a while. FWIW, College Station is growing south and will swallow the track someday. It has been mentioned that it will take a small fortune to level the place to make it suitable to build upon so don't give up yet.

my .02

Edited by turbotoddie