Greg Dinsmore makes Kerrville Daily Times

....but there's no link on papers website for it.

It was done by one of the papers sports writers, guess they didn't like the story from an untrained, untalented, unprofessional, worse than intern reporter that I sent them.

But at least Greg got the publicity.....so it's cool with me!!!!

WTG Greg, You deserve it for all you and Candace do to help racers, support your tracks and promote racing....

Reb-

I thought you knew. We've been getting pretty good press in Boerne, Kerrville, Pleasanton, Hondo, Wilson County and south San Antonio. Thunderhill is sending stuff to the San Marcos Daily Record and getting ink, and the Spreen's are sending stuff to the Boerne Star (check boernestar.com, you may have to go to the archives) and we've had race reports in the Boerne Star four or five times this season. Hill Country Happenings is a local magazine and did a story on Moe VanKirk a week or so ago.

We've had dozens of stories in the Pleasanton Express, Wilson County News, Southside Reporter, Boerne Star, Hondo Anvil Herald and others.

Most recently, there was a 36 column inch story in the Southside Reporter with two color photos (June 12); a 30 column inch story in the Wilson County News (with a headline that ran all the way across the top of page two in the sports section on June 11, "Dinsmore gets third win in four weeks at I-37 Raceway"); and a 26 column inch story plus results in the June 18 Pleasanton Express. The Wilson County News also ran a story on June 18 from Chuck Licata about the TSRS race in Wichita Falls.

Though we lost our photographer at I-37 and didn't have one for awhile, we have had photos with most of the stories.

You're right, some of these can't be accessed on line; but Wilson County, San Marcos Record and Boerne Star can be.

See you Friday.

guess they didn't like the story from an untrained, untalented, unprofessional, worse than intern reporter...

Reb,

isn't it nice to know that people like you and me have accepted our shortcomings? :lol::lol:;)

No, Reb, I was not putting you down, merely pointing out for you and others that racing is actually getting pretty good press this season and that a number of people are contributing to the effort including you and Chuck. The story on Dinsmore was a good thing, but you acted surprised about it, as though you were unaware of the press we've been getting throughout Central Texas.

No.........I was surprised the Daily Crimes actually took the time to have a reporter contact Greg to write the story instead of what they normally have done in the past.....use mine and not give a "by line"......or just ignore the sport entirely.....

Late update: today's (June 24) issue of the Boerne Star has a story on the June 13 race at I-37.

Funny I thought you've always said newspapers were "in the news business, not history business."

Just for $#!*$ and giggles, where'd that story come from?

It came from me, Reb, and the Boerne Star is a twice-a-week paper, publishing on Tuesdays and Fridays. They are in the news business, but weeklies and bi-weeklies don't have the same time requirements a daily would have. You just have to get them the story in a timely manner, then let them decide when they want to run it. Sometimes they are just trying to keep from having too much news this week and not enough next week.

Sometimes I get bylines, sometimes I don't. They don't always give the photographer a photo credit, either, but I always see that they have the information. As for the bylines, it's more important that the story get in than that they say who wrote it. I think Chuck's had the experience of having a paper put one of their writers' names on the story, or just use his story and tag it, "From news reports," or something similar.

Edited by tqj3