NASCAR WILL use a playoff system in 2004

rebelracewriter

The only good thing I see from it is that the points leader can't just sit back and "cruise" through the last 3 or 4 races. Everyone eligiable will be at 110% every week b/c of what is at stake...just my 02 cents...Tim

Kenseth was cruising the last quarter of the season. It seems the action @ Homestead was all about 2nd and 10th place...

I don't think a playoff-type of system is what NASCAR needs to look at....same concept, stay within that window of top 10 or 15 whatever they decide and then drop the hammer in the final ten races.

I think its simple, award the winner more or make the diffrence between 1st and 2nd more than a steady 5 point drop off and quit awarding points after 30th position. Give the pole winner some points for that with a bonus for breaking the track record.

Who knows ? Just random thoughts.

Anyone feel that earth tremor the other day?

That was Big Bill France spinning in his grave.

He wasn't perfect, but I gotta believe he would hate the circus side show his family is making out of NASCAR cup racing.

Gunnar-hopefully you're right. Maybe people will get tired of watching a 43 car follow the leader race, and go back to their local track.

Noticed the 26th race--the one that locks the top ten-- is the Richmond night race. Can't wait to hear what the great NASCAR youth movement will have to say after that one. Maybe Hypocrite--uhhh, I meant Harvick, will have a whole new vocabulary of cuss words to throw around on TV.

Does this mean that Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt didn't really deserve all those championships because it was a flawed points system? I don't think so. If a team gets to cruise at the end of the season it's because they earned that right by racing hard all season long. Just my opinion.

Archived