A certain autoracing writer caught..

Jason

Hey Reb,

It's a tough job being a race writer, eh?

I remember being forced to sit right next to Miss USA 1988 (Gretchen Polhemus) during the media breakfast for the Alamo Grand Prix one year. Got to know her better during the weekend since she (and her chaperone - darn) thought it would be cool to stick close to someone who knew his way around the pits.. lol.

Anyway, she wrote me this nice note shortly after the race weekend:

"Dear Nick, This is just a note to thank you for being so nice to me. A creative journalist you are! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did. Sincerely, Gretchen Polhemus :) "

And my wife didn't even question the part about me enjoying myself as much as she did.. LOL.

Nick Holt

Hey Wild Bill, Alcohol and I are a dangerous combination, like gas and fire! LOL :unsure: That's why i stick to D.P. I don't need to make headlines in the local paper..... that way. LMAO But I'll drop in some time to say "hi". Not only was that deal much nicer than work, but smelled a whole lot better too.

Maybe I should hit the local Hooters and get the pic autographed. Hmmm

Man!!!!

Good thing I had already eaten dinner before reading Deb's and Kathy's posts!!!!!

:P

:blink::blink::blink:

Yes, Kathy, I think about that truck race (and, how bad I got my butt kicked) every time I see you... :(

It's always humbling to talk about the race with you..any wonder I left THR this year? LOL

Come on now Chuck-I don't rub it in that much.

Just seems like in the last couple of weeks you have SET yourself up for it though. :P

And yes Reb-There is a fun story here.

I will give Chuck the chance to tell his side first. :)

Kathy :D

Archived