Who's really to blame for Chaos

abrungot

There are hundreds of genuinely good reasons why a car might be out of commission for a week or two. And there are those who can no longer affort to race and have to give it up. Still others may have pressing personal/family obligations to attend to. Entirely understandable.

But parking a race car or threatening to park it because things aren't perfect doesn't seem to be a very positive response to me. And getting on a website and announcing their dissatifaction and their intentions to park it is even less helpful.

When the pits are full and things are hunkie-dorie, the loss is not felt as much. But when car counts are already shallow, teams threatening to park it (or actually parking it) are compounding the existing problems and hurt the rest who are doing their best to support the track.

Nick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are hundreds of genuinely good reasons why a car might be out of commission for a week or two. And there are those who can no longer affort to race and have to give it up. Still others may have pressing personal/family obligations to attend to. Entirely understandable.

But parking a race car or threatening to park it because things aren't perfect doesn't seem to be a very positive response to me. And getting on a website and announcing their dissatifaction and their intentions to park it is even less helpful.

When the pits are full and things are hunkie-dorie, the loss is not felt as much. But when car counts are already shallow, teams threatening to park it (or actually parking it) are compounding the existing problems and hurt the rest who are doing their best to support the track.

Nick

I agree,If I got out of racing everytime something happens that I don't like or disagree with I would have never made it through my first year! :lol::lol:

I agree,If I got out of racing everytime something happens that I don't like or disagree with I would have never made it through my first year! :lol::lol:

i would not have finished my first night ..the other thing not mentioned is the track owner or managers see this and start to saying why the heck should we care ..im guilty of this sort of thing myself .so im not perfect ..

So now that we are on page 3 of this, & impressively I haven’t seen much of the “Edited by Nick Holt”… Give yourselves a pat on the back!

Common theme is Saturday’s “action” both on the track & off the track was a little over the top, & not the tracks fault but the drivers fault..

So I am going to go out on a limb and say the drivers are working on killing their own track… Staff members are already few and overwhelmed..

How much more do drivers really want to push the envelope before they really care about MaryAnn’s response, or worse yet.. staff members starting to quit too?

And there are many things that are “disrespectful” to both the track, staff, and fellow racers. I have no idea on how to fix the disrespect, other than to call it out.

And this is what I am doing… I have already spoke with several people on the phone, kind of the common topic was most of the times it’s not what happens to bring out the yellow,

It’s the stuff that happens after the yellow comes out and the pit soap opera that are the down fall of the whole night…

The fact that the yellow being brought out is directly related to the same people being impatient or just plain ignorant is something that is stirring up the pit drama. Why don't we look into who seems to be the culprit of causing the problem in the first place. Then maybe we will get somewhere on fixing the problem.

it’s not what happens to bring out the yellow,

I call BS.... Which came first, the chicken or the egg....

So to clairfy... On saturday night... the yellow could have been avoided yes...but some of that is part of racing...

the part where drivers & teams really started making FOOLS of theirselves was post initial contact/yellow flag reason...PERIOD.

<_< Sounds like everyone wants to be Kyle Busch!!! That kind of driving may work in NA$CAR, cause they can't police their own, and fines and probation don't mean spit to a multi million dollar organization.

But at this local level of racing we need to respect each other as people first, drivers second and (supposedly)grown ups third. If I make a comment about limiting my racing or parking my car, it is not meant as a "slam" against MaryAnn or THR. I just don't like having to fix my car, because someone needs to win the race on the first lap or they think the HEAT race is the big race. No offense to anyone at THR, but my experiences racing at SAS were much different, that's not to imply that there were no fights or cross words or ill feelings between drivers and crews, but the quality of driving was different, maybe it was the speeds or the fact that there is a wall all the way around the track or maybe it was the attitude and demeanor of the drivers. There were big rivalries between drivers, bounties put out on certain drivers. But we could always count on good, fast clean racing. That's what makes it fun. I don't know of anyone that likes to be constantly repairing a busted up car, I would prefer to be working on it to make it more competitive. Someone offered some words of wisdom earlier in a different post, something about making sure the pits are full of cars or it won't matter who is in the stands!!! ;) Just my 3 Cents. Lenny66 B)

So to clairfy... On saturday night... the yellow could have been avoided yes...but some of that is part of racing...

the part where drivers & teams really started making FOOLS of theirselves was post initial contact/yellow flag reason...PERIOD.

Everyone else it blind, I guess. MY BAD. Keep those rose colored glasses on. They're serving you well.

I wear non-tinted contacts Jody, I know what your talking about...

To many people driving like you last year.. :P (mirror, Mirror on Roll Bar)...

(i watched one driver keep adjusting his under green flag conditions...)

Meep Meep.. Honk Honk.. Crome horn... please...

I say that we all take a good look at our own behavior, because that is all that we really have control of. If we have acted or reacted badly, learn the lesson offered and move on. Let's look forward to the next race and get this season back on track. I have all the confidence that we can all learn from our mistakes as well as those of others and make this the best season ever. Let's be positive and respectful of each other, the track and the fans. I will do my part.

DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at and fix one's behavior, to reflect the ideals and morals that you would want to be treated with...

"Do un-to-others as you would want done to you".. i think is what i was raised with..

If...Drivers, teams, Officials... heck everyone lived by that saying.. or "2 wrongs don't make a right"...

Wouldn't the track be just like the Coke Commericals!!

From a fans stanpoint, I come to watch good clean racing, not a demo derby and a bunch of torn up cars cruising around the track under yellow.....

Some tracks have a rule where if you bring out so many yellow flags during your heat or feature, you get black flagged. Maybe this will help.

Or not...

From a fans stanpoint, I come to watch good clean racing, not a demo derby and a bunch of torn up cars cruising around the track under yellow.....

Some tracks have a rule where if you bring out so many yellow flags during your heat or feature, you get black flagged. Maybe this will help.

Or not...

We have that rule in place now.

2 solos and you are gone

OR

involved in 3 yellows and you are gone.

Unfortunately all the maylay happened on there 1st yellows.

And Unfortunately the rule had to be used in the Super Stock feature.

I think I may (will)show my age but this is it.

In the olden days a man's handshake was his bond.

When you shake a man's hand that is the end of what ever happened, and if you shake his hand back don't ever bring it up again.(or post on speed-zone) If you are a true man you will be able to say I'M SORRY let's do this racing thing right and mean it!

I know we can all be hot headed.

I will pray the lord will bless you all and keep everyone safe.

No one is perfect and no one will ever be perfect.

Go on with racing Mary Ann and her staff have earned your respect now show it.

I’m just going to make more cotton candy.

This sort of thing didn't use to be a problem. As Nick indicated, drivers policed themselves.

The solution is just so very, very simple. Eliminate the fenders and the hub rails. After a few cart-wheels down the back-stretch these rough driving heros will get real mellow, I promise you! :unsure:

This sort of thing didn't use to be a problem. As Nick indicated, drivers policed themselves.

The solution is just so very, very simple. Eliminate the fenders and the hub rails. After a few cart-wheels down the back-stretch these rough driving heros will get real mellow, I promise you! :unsure:

i wonder how many of these drivers will have the same sponsors on thier cars next year ..they dont realize what they are doing to the track ..and sponsorship ...who would want to keep feeding thier need to go out and wipe out cars ..they also dont realize how heavy those cars are ..someone is going to really be hurt ..would that be worth it ...

Hmmm sounds like things got a little crazy on Saturday night.. Maybe it was the heat, maybe we had a full moon, maybe everyone just lost it for a minute. Bottom line is racing is racing and that does not mean lets plow into people. I think it may be of use to all involved to remember that there are some young ones out there that are looking at you! Maybe they are learning how to race and the example is not that great. I had a very good freind of mine that knows a little bit of how the Nascar boys do it and he told me " its easy to move or run over someone, its a real challenge to pass them" Thats racing. Its 90 percent dissapointment. Keep in mind why you are out there , who is watching, and what kind of example you are setting. I can say that my son and my family had a great time a couple of weeks ago at THR and are looking forward to returning in a couple of weeks, I can only hope that adults act like adults so I won't have to constantly say to my kid that this is a great example of how NOT to act

I have made this comment before "Put a wall all the way around the track" and your attitude will adjust!!! <_< . When some of the RoadRunner drivers from SAS came to run at THR, we remained a seperate class

until the numbers dwindled and we were included with the Hobby Stocks. I noticed one major difference at the time. When the Roadrunners ran solo, we seldom had a caution for a crash, it may have been for a spin or a broke car, but we ran alot of races green to checker. I noticed that the Hobby Stocks had a "Rolling Demo Derby" every single lap. I am not a fan of a torn up race car, I am not a fan of riding around under "yellow" cautions, it sucks for the drivers and the fans. A track promoter such as MaryAnn and staff do not want to see this either. It takes away from the nights activities. Yes there are going to be crashes and blown motors and what not, but we don't need to keep causing "cautions" because you feel the need to punch someone from behind, spin them out or just flat out drive over someone. <_< So, what is it going to take to make it thru the rest of the season without a repeat of last Saturday night??? Fines, suspensions, probation or just a flat out a$$-kicking :blink: C'mon folks, let's get it together. MaryAnn and staff have alot of resposibilities to attend to before, during and after the races. let's try to do our part to make it a successful season. We may be running out of places to race!! :( Just my 3 cents!!! Lenny66 B)

You've all seen the photo below before, but it illustrates my point precisely. Some people on here think I'm totally clueless when it comes to all this stuff. Well, let me assure you I'm not. These are the drivers and cars I grew up with, watching them race night after night after night at Austin Speed-o-rama (Longhorn Speedway.) The incident pictured was an extremely rare occurance.

Its a pic of a helmet dash for the four fastest qualifers on a race night in 1962 I believe. It looks like Johnny Doyle pushed up in one at the start of the race into Ed Starr. You can see the result. Most nights, they would race all night without ever touching each other. They were THAT skilled, and THAT careful around each other. It doesn't mean they didn't race fast and race each other hard. They were just very, very careful around each other, for obvious reasons.

post-1274-1212504959_thumb.jpg

Archived