nascar ups penalty

REBELRACER

from jaysk.com

NASCAR has issued penalties, fines and suspensions to the #66 and #70 teams in the Sprint Cup Series. The #66 car driven by Scott Riggs and the #70 car driven by Johnny Sauter were found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 20-3.1.3A (wing mounting locations were not as specified by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rule book). The infractions were discovered May 24 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. As a result, Riggs and #66 car owner Joe Custer have been penalized 150 championship driver and 150 championship owner points, respectively, as have Sauter and #70 car owner Margaret Haas. Both the crew chiefs and the car chiefs for the two cars – Bootie Barker and Derick Jennings for the #66 and Dave Skog and Thomas Harris for the #70 – have been suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until July 9 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Additionally, Barker and Skog have each been fined $100,000 apiece. The penalty also includes NASCAR’s confiscation of team 66 Serial Number HMS 12 06 415 race car and team 70 Serial Number HMS 04 08 507 race car.(NASCAR PR)(5-28-2008)

looks like nascar raised the penalty for wing infractions.

<_< Maybe NA$CAR should just build 43 identical cars like the IROC series and let the drivers show up and run the race. That way all the cars are equal and there won't be any issues, they can throw away the rule book and don't have to worry about someone figuring out any tricks and the racing will be left to the drivers. :blink: I do like the term "selective enforcement". They are taking the racing out of racing!!!

C'mon, Let's see someone start up a new "stock car" association, so we can get back to some good old fashioned racing. I think the smaller teams with 1 or 2 cars per team, would put on a hell of a show cause them boy's are still hungry. Just my 3 cents. Lenny66 B)

"C'mon, Let's see someone start up a new "stock car" association, so we can get back to some good old fashioned racing. I think the smaller teams with 1 or 2 cars per team, would put on a hell of a show cause them boy's are still hungry. Just my 3 cents. Lenny66"

Hooter Pro Cup

SO MUCH FOR HELPING THE SMALLER TEAMS BE COMPETITIVE. THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR ALL THE TESTING GIBBS, HENDRICKS, ROUSCH, AND DEI HAVE, SO LETS HIT THEM HARDER WITH FINES AND POINTS. CAN YOU SAY MONOPOLY?

this punishment and fine dont fit ..so they must aquit ...nascar is so full of it ..poor bill sr .i bet he is rolling over in his grave ..nascar is becoming a barrel of bull ka.ka ...greed has taken place of real down to earth racen ..i bet i didnt see 50 laps of racen in the 600 ...

Archived