NASCAR Modifieds-Mid 60s

jakdad

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that is a truck hub, but not 3/4 ton floater from a rear truck axle. I remember some of the guys running the Buick hubs due to being larger and having finned brake drums. Oops, I'm dating myself again..........................

Hopefully you have never been stood up. As for those hubs, they were a little heavy and more than needed in some cases. If you notice Mel Newkirk's #2 Bronco from '66 that began as a Late Model, the RF is a front 3/4 ton that held up fine. I probably should have kept and used it.

I am well aware that the latter car isn't a NASCAR Modified, I was merely pointing out that Buzzie is still out there weekly turning left at East Bay. The earlier picture is Buzzie in '62 by his NASCAR Sportsman-Modified Stock Car. That car was originally driven by Emil "Sr". I talked to Buzz at the Snowball last year, and asked him how many features had he won over the years, he said he quit counting around 700. Buzzie like Red Farmer are the real salt of the earth. And can still get it done by any standard. Just like seeing guys our age still out there, huh Jim.

Archived