TPS RESULTS & POINTS

Finish- Car # rDriver/Hometown .. Car Type/Engine CC .. Qual Heat 1 .. Qual Heat 2 .. Laps Completed

1--- 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX BMW/2313 ….. 1 ….. 20 Laps

2--- 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW Rabbit/2042 ….. 2 ….. 20 Laps

3--- 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Cobra/2338-svo ….. 4 ….. 20 Laps

4--- 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi Ford Pinto/2338-arca ….. 3 ….. 20 Laps

5--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 ….. 7 ….. 20 Laps

6--- 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX Ford Mustang/2340-arca 1 ….. ….. 20 Laps

7--- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo ….. 5 ….. 20 Laps

8--- 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX VW Sedan/1835 4 ….. ….. 19 Laps

9--- 3 r Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1870 2 ….. ….. 19 Laps

10--- 46 r Mark Rahn/San Antonio, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 ….. 8 ….. 19 Laps

11--- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 2001 VW Sedan/1588 8 ….. ….. 17 Laps

12--- 28 r Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Pinto/2338 3 ….. ….. 16 Laps

13--- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Scirocco/1780 7 ….. ….. 16 Laps

14--- 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX VW Scirocco/1648 ….. 6 ….. 7 Laps

15--- 24 r Jody Wayne Stuart, San Antonio Ford Probe/2338 5 ….. ….. 4 Laps

16--- 78 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX VW Sedan/1835 6 ….. ….. 3 Laps

17--- 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX VW Sedan/2332 dns ….. ….. dns Laps

dna- 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX VW Sedan/2160 ….. ….. Laps

dna- 23 J.J. Osburn III./Converse, TX Ford Pinto/2338 ….. ….. Laps

dna- 9 r Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX Ford Fusion/2338-svo D ….. ….. Laps

dna- 29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Mustang/2338-ccs ….. ….. Laps

dna- 10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX VW Scirocco/1690 ….. ….. Laps

dna- 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1870 ….. ….. Laps

dna- 66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi,TX Ford Taurus/2030 ….. ….. Laps

Feature Race - Margin of Feature Race Victory 0.50 seconds.

dna - did not arrive ….. dns - did not start ….. r - eligible for 2008 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

Penalty notes: No penalties issued at this race

TPS thanks Thunder Hill Raceway for hosting this 3rd TPS race of the 2008 season.

TPS thanks race sponsors:

Richard & Bea Villanueva of San Antonio

Nelson Skinner, Attorney at Law of San Antonio

Express Jet Airlines thru: Jim Nides

TPS thanks Thunderhill Raceway for hosting this 3rd TPS race of the 2008 season.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2008 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race Rain Track Remarks

May 10 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qualifying Heat Races & 20 Lap Feature Race

May 31 tba Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials & 25 Lap Feature Race

Jun 14 6/15 Red River Speedway Time Trials, 2 Qualifying Heat Races & 40 Lap Feature Race

Jun 28 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

Jul 26 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

Aug 30 tba Thunder Hill Raceway 2 - 8 Lap Qual Heats & 20 Lap Feature Race

Sep 27 tba Thunder Hill Raceway Time Trials, 33 Lap Feature Race @ THR "Spectacular"

Nov 8 n/a 2008 TPS Awards Dinner, Earl Abel's Restaurant, 1201 Austin Highway, San Antonio

For additional information about TPS - visit: http://www.texasprosedans.com/

Official TPS Results Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Pos Car # r Driver Hometown Point Total

1--- 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX 40

2--- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX 38

3--- 27 Bill Labarge/Bryan, TX 37

4--- 7 Jesse Sandoval/Corpus Christi 37

5--- 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX 33

6--- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX26

7--- 85 Ja Lane/Katy, TX 20

8--- 84 J r Josh Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX 19

9--- 3 r Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX 16

10-- 28 r Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX 16

11-- 48 Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX 16

12-- 46 r Mark Rahn/San Antonio, TX 14

13-- 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX 12

14-- 24 r Jody Wayne Stuart, San Antonio 12

15-- 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX 11

16-- 86 r Michael Deschenes/Kansas City 11

17-- 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX 10

18-- 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 9

19-- 72 Candi Hogan/Cedar Park, TX 7

20-- 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX 6

21-- 31 r Brooks Payne/Wichita Falls, TX 6

22-- 4 r David Wright/Wichita Falls, TX 5

23-- 23 J.J. Osburn III./Converse, TX 4

24-- 9 r Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX 4

25-- 17 Pete Wright/Ft. Worth, TX 3

26-- 78 Adam McCosh/Cibolo,TX 2

27-- 29 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX 0

28-- 10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX 0

29-- 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX 0

30-- 66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi 0

Note: - Ties broken by best finish in last race

r Eligible for 2008 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award

Drivers without 2008 TPS Points:

01 r Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX

5 r Gage Guevara/Corpus Christi, TX

14 r Will Robertson/Corpus Christi, TX

18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX

19 Lloyd Hart/San Antonio, TX

74 John Wasek/Austin, TX

84 H r Hank Cournoyer/Wichita Falls, TX

Official TPS Points Certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

210/655-3222 office

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Yea,I guess I did jinx John Meisen, I did not see it, but I was told that the engine decided to try and spit a rod through the top of the block.So I gave them a good AS41 case today that was clearanced and cut for 92mm pistons and hopefully when they get the old motor torn down there will be enough usable parts to put something back together!!!.................By the way what a great race,I sure enjoyed the battle up front between Bill,Tom,Sergio,and Lalo,I dont know what Bill did to the BMW but WOW! it was fast.It was really good to see some of the other drivers show up that havent been out in awhile,like Tom and Dave Parks,I even got to see Adam Mccosh in the #78 bug(I was told that he didnt currently have a girlfriend,come on Adam get those prioritys straight :D !!!!!!).................Randy

IT WAS A DAM GOOD RACE . I WISH I HAD WON , BUT CLUCHT LET GO, THATS RACING WANT TO THANK EVERY BODY FOR THERE HELP. ESPECIALLY RICO GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL THUR. MY HEAD BROKE A BOSS RICO BROUGHT HEAD FROM C.C. TEX. AT 5:00 MADE HEAT & FETURE . THE LOVE OF RACING L.O.L. THANK YOU NEIL FOR ALL THE RACES .KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Yea,I guess I did jinx John Meisen, I did not see it, but I was told that the engine decided to try and spit a rod through the top of the block.So I gave them a good AS41 case today that was clearanced and cut for 92mm pistons and hopefully when they get the old motor torn down there will be enough usable parts to put something back together!!!.................By the way what a great race,I sure enjoyed the battle up front between Bill,Tom,Sergio,and Lalo,I dont know what Bill did to the BMW but WOW! it was fast.It was really good to see some of the other drivers show up that havent been out in awhile,like Tom and Dave Parks,I even got to see Adam Mccosh in the #78 bug(I was told that he didnt currently have a girlfriend,come on Adam get those prioritys straight :D !!!!!!).................Randy

As Mike would say "more money for racing", :lol: . I hope you were able to see it during practice, and the heat. I don't know if it was just me, or if it really was faster. That was probably what broke it. The car was going so fast it thought something was wrong and broke, lol.

As Mike would say "more money for racing", :lol: . I hope you were able to see it during practice, and the heat. I don't know if it was just me, or if it really was faster. That was probably what broke it. The car was going so fast it thought something was wrong and broke, lol.

pib . lesson to learn ...they always go faster before they blow ....good to see you made it back ......

IT WAS A DAM GOOD RACE . I WISH I HAD WON , BUT CLUCHT LET GO, THATS RACING WANT TO THANK EVERY BODY FOR THERE HELP. ESPECIALLY RICO GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL THUR. MY HEAD BROKE A BOSS RICO BROUGHT HEAD FROM C.C. TEX. AT 5:00 MADE HEAT & FETURE . THE LOVE OF RACING L.O.L. THANK YOU NEIL FOR ALL THE RACES .KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

well if you would have left that other carb on from the heat race .that clutch would still be working ....and we could have ran your carb on ours ..heck we already had your headers .. with your headers and carb and my charm .with jessie.s driveing we should of and could of won that race ....oh well working this wreck part out has kept me away from this motor ..

Shoot Adam, you were faster. I couldn't catch you. of course, i can't catch a cold the way the car is running now. We are closing in on the cure though.

I think I am going to put a for sale sign on my race car, seems to work for Bill. Very fast.

Its that bowtie under the hood that is the problem. :D

you think ...

Shoot Adam, you were faster. I couldn't catch you. of course, i can't catch a cold the way the car is running now. We are closing in on the cure though.

I think I am going to put a for sale sign on my race car, seems to work for Bill. Very fast.

may work ..... you may take it to a scrap yard ..show it its future home ....

Mark,

You were kinda upset Saturday but it looks like you ended with a decent run after all. My crew cheif is a big Chevy man (keeps mumbling bad stuff about FORDS under his breath all the while fixin them, What do you have to trade :lol::lol::lol:

Hell, I will trade steve and jerry both, except I get to keep jerry's beer. Unless your guy has beer.

And I will throw in one "Friends don't let Friends drive Fords" sign. :lol::lol:

if you take Doug you also gotta take Jody Wayne :D

It's Jeff. And who's gonna hook you up with the ladies if we leave, tower boy.

tps22 Posted Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Mark, if Jerry has beer then it has to come with him BUT if you take Doug you also gotta take Jody Wayne

Ozzie, how unfair is that? That is a deal breaker right there. :lol:

Tell you what, if you keep Jody, me and Doug can drink Jerry's beer and proclaim all 2 good qualities of fords.

Deal?

Why - the only 2 there are of course,

1 they keep the junkyards in business

2 they give dodge a run for the money as the junkyard king.

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

now i know you arent talking aboult our two fords ..right ...they are excluded correct ......... tps 22 .tell me something why is there only one chevy running in tps ..... i know i know .... so you wont have to think hard ..ill do it for you ...chevy cant keep up with the fords ...or those other brands ...lol . . over the years that tps or small class cars have raced .chevy was not the car ... mostly fords ..lol

Archived