Joe Armendia

PAPosse

That #2 car sure looks pretty.

Anyone who likes the history of racing needs to stop by the Teer pit and take a look at the hood of the car.

One of the best tributes to a past hero I have ever seen.

That #2 car sure looks pretty.

Anyone who likes the history of racing needs to stop by the Teer pit and take a look at the hood of the car.

One of the best tributes to a past hero I have ever seen.

I thought this was the coolest thing when I saw it....Please fill me in on the history as I am not from 'round here. :D

post-3723-1208742442_thumb.jpg

Edited by PAPosse

I thought this was the coolest thing when I saw it....Please fill me in on the history as I am not from 'round here. :D

The pic on the hood is of Bobby's grandfather, Buddy Yantis and one of his cars. Of course, Bobby's paint scheme is done in tribute to Buddy. Buddy was quite a stock car racer in his day. TxTom could tell you much more, or shracey.

I thought this was the coolest thing when I saw it....Please fill me in on the history as I am not from 'round here.

PaPosse,

Buddy Yantis is the grandfather of Bobby Teer, JR. Bobby SR is married to Buddy's daughter Sharon.

Buddy raced around here for years in about anything that had 4 wheels on it. He raced all over Texas, as well as Oklahoma.

I first met him when he had his diesel service shop on Evans Road near where it crosses Wagon Road.

He was racing the Camaros at Pan American and Austin Speedorama at this time. Teer's car is a tribute to Buddy right down to the original color, "Omaha Orange, and White". The pic on the hood of Teer's car is faded, but it was the orange also.

I knew Buddy over 30 years, until his passing in November, 2004 at the age of 74. I cannot look at Teer's car without thinking of my old friend, and I don't think I am alone on that one. I am close to the Teer family, and they have stated that many others have made that same comment, and they deeply appreciate the compliments they receive on Bobby's paint job.

Here are a couple pics of Buddy's cars.

post-21-1208831625_thumb.jpg

post-21-1208833647_thumb.jpg

post-21-1208833659_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the information - and those are some sharp looking race cars!. Aside from the machines - that's what I love about this sport....a lot of people who aren't fans don't understand the family connections and lifelong friends that come about from being involved in it. It really can bring people together....thanks again!

The TSRS qualifying times were pretty tight. This may be some of the reason not many went to the outside. It's still the longer route. There was definitely an outside groove. While I was working turn 4 the track still had quite a bit of coke syrup on it...I could feel my shoes sticking.

I did not get to talk to Joe afterwards but I think he was up on the outside because the inside stayed pretty closed up most of the race. When Joe could get down on the inside he moved up towards the front but on restarts he pretty much had to get up on the outside to get around anyone. I know Joe can run just about anywhere on the track he chooses under normal conditions, but this early in the year I think the track needs a bit more rubber on it before the outside will be more competitive. Anyway you look at it, it was a classic race except for one incident that pretty effectively knocked Cary Stapp out of contention. I think we are in for a great TSRS season.

Here is another no media credentials picture. And by the way, Wednesday April 23rd is Joe's Birthday.

Happy Birthday Joe and may you enjoy many many more.....

Dano

post-3-1208892546_thumb.jpg