The New Guy

Kathy

Well, they named the New Guy tonight.

It is some guy named "Nick Holt". Have ya'll ever heard of him?

Just Kidding Nick!

Congratulations on the New job.

I look forward to working with you this year.

They couldn't have picked a better guy.

When Brian asked me what I thought about the idea of hiring you I told him to go for it.

I think you will only improve Thunder Hill Raceway.

Nick Holt has been a valuable official in the Texas Pro Sedan Series. Although we hate to see him leave TPS, he really has not left. Nick will continue as an employed Consultant. In this position he will continue to have important input to the 29 year old organization. TPS is currently searching for an appropriate replacement.

Neil Upchurch, Race & Administrative Director - Texas Pro Sedans

What a GREAT move in the right direction...

Nick Holt is a great choice...His appointment is definitely a step in the right direction for THR...

Thanks for all the support people!

I'm really looking forward to working with the great staff Brian and Jim have in place at THR. Jack Sanderfur is a man of great personal integrity and a fine, proven Chief Tech. Jack will have my full support as he continues to provide an even, level playing field at THR in 2004 and beyond. I have worked closely with THR pit boss David Mackey in the past (in fact I followed him as TPS Chief Tech when he moved up to his present position at THR) and know he can handle the toughest of assignments with genuine thoughtfulness and level-headedness. And I think it is well known that TSZ's own Kathy is the best scorekeeper around. Her experience and good judgement are major plusses too. I worked with Randy Hubbard when we were both at SAS a few years back. Hubb and I worked well together there and I've watched him perform well at THR as well. I really don't know most of the rest of the THR staff yet, but I will be counting on everyone to perform with integrity and with a sincere dedication to making the racing program at THR second to none.

I think all racers really want (besides huge purses and a magic suspension set up) is a level playing field where there are no favorites. I hope to help make that ideal a reality at THR.

Nick Holt

Nick, welcome welcome welcome, THR did need a major move, The track was going down because not of the people , but the enforcing of the rules. I have had a few problems out there, none to which I wasn't part, but seemed to be one-sided and not the other. I was impressed by your speech, and all I am hoping for is that it is enforced. One of the issues the drivers had was that "bump me and I'll spin and you'll go to the back" That was a major problem and I'm so glad you want to send them both to the rear. It takes two to tango, brake jobbing and cutting of the lanes creates the guy in the back to bump and spin. The rule you want to have will STOP that, I believe anyways. They will know if they want to keep somewhat of a good finish they will race a whole lot cleaner. Me being one of them. After a couple of years racing at THR I noticed if a crash happened, you had open shots on the competitors, and still to get your spot back. I also noticed guys getting their tires taken out to definately make them leave the track and the crasher gets his spot back. I have to say one of the worst things is - while racing you do a helluva job driving and missing several cars that are spinning and crashing only to let them back in front of you again on the yellow, what bonus is it to get thru that? It takes as much skill to miss a crash as to win a race, and sometimes more. I will be more then glad to go to the rear if involved in a crash as long as everyone from day one does the same. If the track says 'well you could not help but run into him and you get you spot back', then you will be just like most of the past officials, you will look bias, If you come off like that you will lose all the respect. If you don't, you might send a few to the back that maybe shouldn't have gone but all will respect you. The bottom line is we need a offiacial who has no friends out there one who says "what I say goes and goes to all", I noticed there were 2 rule clarifications in my class, both of which I was a part of one on my car and one on another car when I was in 2nd place to it. I got DQed the other did not, How was that fair? The official said "get that fixed for next week" to the guy who won and said "go home" to me when his was a rule and mine was grey area. That was the reason for that letter I posted on your forum, I was mad at the fact I felt 3rd in the points was taken from me due to favorites. I want to lay last year to rest now and focus on the year coming. I want to say Thank You for what you're about to do at THR. I want to say if you stand up to every one I will stand up with you. I am loud spoken and alot of drivers confide in me because they want me to get the feedback; and I promise you this is the feeling of many many many out there. If there was another track as close they would go there, but maybe your involvement with THR will be the best thing they have done in a long time besides Kathy and Mr. Macky.

Best of luck

John Lasker

Red Shark Racing HS #15

SVCMNGR1 ... Ouch! And I thought you were my friend.. lol

supertex... All the details have not been worked out yet, but basically I will be responsible for the actual racing program at THR. That means I'll be working closely with Jack on rules and rules enforcement, working with David and Kathy as they perform their duties, working with Randy Hubbard, the corner workers and clean-up crew during the race events. In short, I'll be calling the races from up in the scoring tower during the races and overseeing everything else having to do with the racing competition. Brian and Jim have their hands full taking care of the business end of the deal and hired me to take over the competition end.

Nick Holt

Kathy,

Not sure of my exact location during events yet .. maybe I'll be in the scoring room .. maybe I'll be next door.. maybe up on the roof.. maybe in the flagstand.. maybe in the ultralight that's always buzzing around the track on race nights.. lol

And from what I've heard, Kathy, NOBODY has been able to get you to behave so far.. lol

Nick Holt

Everyone thinks Nick Holt is the answer to Thunderhills problems.But i dont.He's another one trying to bring San Antanio to Kyle.I dont care who you are if you drive Kyle one&two like a diamond you will be sent sailing.If you listened to Nick talk at the track it was all about they way they handle everything in San Antanio we are "Kyle" drivers we dont need San Antanios rules.I personally do not have alot of money to race. But I think that one tire a week is stupid.No one is domanating so why worry about it.Bottom line is the rule is stupid.If you want to make Kyle better come down on pit gate,grandstands,and food prices so drivers can bring family and not break them.The one thing they failed to say at the meeting is that they are raising pit prices to $23.00 dollars.Thunderhill had a hard time getting people in there last year.By raising the prices are sure not going to help.So youll better off joining a touring series like trucks,tsrs,or maybe tssrs that (TEXAS STREET STOCK SERIES HINT,HINT, WANT TO JOIN)So you dont have to pay Thunderhills high prices.

THANKS BUT NO THANKS

Archived