The New Guy

Kathy

Hubockercc,

Well I am real sorry that you feel that way. I do however feel that Nick will be a great asset to Thunder Hill Raceway.

And where did he say in the meeting that he was trying to bring San Antonio to Thunder Hill Raceway?

Maybe you as a racer need to learn to take turns 1 and 2 better. Because not everyone goes sailing in that part of the track.

Did you not hear the part about widen that area? That should help some drivers like you maybe.

And the one tire a week rule (as you say) is not a rule. Where you listening at the meeting to what was being said?

I believe Nick said that was something he MIGHT like to do in the future.

Who told you that the prices where going up next year?

I hope you do join a touring series and have a blast running in it. And I hope that you don't think that, that will be cheaper than running at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Have fun in whatever class you decide to run.

He's another one trying to bring San Antanio to Kyle.

You lost me on this one. Who else has tried to bring S.A. to Kyle?

I dont care who you are if you drive Kyle one&two like a diamond you will be sent sailing.

So are you trying to say that the racing would not benefit by having the back stretch widened?

If you listened to Nick talk at the track it was all about they way they handle everything in San Antanio. I personally do not have alot of money to race. But I  think that one tire a week is stupid

Any person will relate what they hope to do to their past experiences. That's human nature. I didn't take anything Nick said to mean that he wants to somehow convert THR into another SAS. However, if some of the changes result in THR being a better place to race, I'm all for it! And we race on a limited budget also. The one tire idea was briefly discussed, but if you listed, Nick clearly stated that any rule such as this would be open for discussion in the future. Nothing was said to indicate that this type of rule is written in stone. But since we're discussing it, this type of rule (one tire per week) could only benefit the "poorer" teams. We race against other street stock teams that buy two or more tires every week. We race on a set MUCH longer than that and concentrate on having a balance setup that works instead of relying on new tires every week. For that reason, it seems to me that the "poorer" teams would welcome such a rule.

TEXAS STREET STOCK SERIES HINT,HINT, WANT TO JOIN

No thanks!

You have the right to your opinion, but so does everyone else, and I think you're off base on the points I've quoted. BTW, I agree with you that the pit passes should not be increased, for what it's worth.

cs

Tommy (Hubockercc),

Everyone thinks Nick Holt is the answer to Thunderhills problems.But i dont.

I don't think Nick Holt is the answer either, Tommy. It's going to take all of us working together to help THR live up to its full potential.

At the recent registration meeting at THR, I promised I would try to provide as level a playing field as possible, to be accessible to race teams and fans, to change the method used to judge on-track racing incidents and to work closely with the quality people already in place as race officials at THR. I also mentioned that I would be seeking input from race teams throughout the year regarding any future rules changes at THR. I do indeed have some ideas for the future, but I am very aware that there needs to be lots of discussion before they ever find their way into the rule book. I also mentioned that I plan on writing a weekly newsletter for people signing in at the pit gate to help keep the lines of communication open. If any of this sounds like I am trying to make THR into SAS I'm sorry. It certainly is not my game plan. To me, the things that I mentioned are already in place at top-notch short tracks throughout the country.

Hope to see you racing at THR next season.

Nick Holt

Wow Nick, you're good! Haven't held your first race at Kyle yet and you already got someone pissed off!

Seriously, Best wishes up there, there are a lot of great racers at Kyle.

For you Kyle racers who don't really know Nick--I have known him in the racing world almost 30 years, you'd be hard pressed to find a more competent, fair, and knowledgeable director than Nick Holt. The old cliche--"been there, done that." That's Nick.

Sorry i missed the rules meeting. There was a couple of things that was to be told one was how the $15000 points fund was going to be distributed? Also that the points fund was possibally going to be $30000 and where that money was coming from. Im all in favor of the improvements in THR and NICK coming on board but my question is where is all the money is coming from to make all the changes?

You know I have come to the decision that people are indeed a little strange.

All year during race season and after we have listened to the complaining about the track.

Now Brian has said that the coming year 2004 is going to better by making changes and improving the track and the end of the season money to the drivers and now people want to know where it is coming from.

Can I ask what difference does it make?

As long as the improvements get made and things get better and the money is there what difference does it make?

And I would like to know who said that all that would be told at the meeting, because I never read that anywhere.

supertex,

While I have no inside information whatsoever about the finances at THR, it looks to me like Brian and Jim are making a renewed committment towards making the place THE place to race!

As you know, money does not grow on trees (no matter what my 13 yr old daughter believes) and I don't recall reading where either owner hit the Lotto jackpot recently. So I guess the money has to be coming from the personal resources/credit lines of the owners. Unless, of course, you'd like to chip in.. lol

I'm looking forward to the 2004 season and I hope you are too.

Nick Holt

ss99

your right everybody can have there opinion he stayed his he dosnt think that nick holt isnot the answer to thr that is his opinion as far as the the dimond thing i think i rember nick saying you will be able to drive 1 and 2 like a diomond i dont think u will be able to either

kathy

yes it does make a differance if they are going to raise the prices to get the money THAT MAKES A DIFFERANCE and as far as u telling him that he needs to drive better in 1 and 2 u dont even know what he is talking about

and yes he was listening at the meeting he said that the one tire a week rule is stupid no where on there did he say the new rule for next year is stupid

txtom

he is not pissed off he is just stating his opinion

i think i heard that brian was going to pave the road to get in the track

that is going to be the biggest improvement

thank you and i am looking forward to the 04 season

J R

good luck nick u should do good

Meredith-

I do know what I am talking about. I have raced on that track and that other one out on 183 for about 9 years.

I will say coming out of turn 2 is a bit tricky when you first do it, but after you have run it a few times it gets pretty easy.

Learn the groove and hold your line.

And once again I ask, WHO said they were raising the prices? I still have not heard this.

And once again no one said that it was a rule.

As i said before my hat is off to Brian for making the changes to THR but in another post in this forum he said that he was going to have a $15000 point fund and possible $30000 someone ask how it was going to be distributed I believe that it was Kathy that said it was going to be disscused at the rules meeting.I was just wondering what was said, like you said Nick money does not grow on trees

I NEVER said that it WOULD be discussed.

I said that I BET it would be.

I guess going over the rules was the most important thing at the rules meeting.

Maybe they haven't even figured out how it is all going to be handed out yet.

I know they are working on getting the new schedule right now and getting all the rules out and getting the work done at the track.

Just be patient!

Answers will come.

Thanks for the input Kathy. How many classes of cars are going to run a weekly program ? When is all the work starting on the track? Are they going to pave the pits? Will there be any major changes in the rules for the limited late models and are they going to pay any better this year?These are the question that everbody i talk to want to know. again thanks for the info.

Supertx

1. Your Welcome.

2. I'm guessing four.

3. Soon from what I understand.

4. I have never heard anyone say they are paving the pits.

5. That would be the Late Model class, and I guess everybody you talked to should have come to the meeting to ask those questions. Because I do not know.

I believe the Thunder Hill Raceway web page has the rule changes posted. At least I think I saw that on there.

Like I said in an earlier post.

Be patient.

Questions will get answers.

It really does not matter where the money for the improvements come from as long as it doesn't make to much more additional expense unless the end result (purse payoff) is increased. I think that the renewed commitment from Brian and Jim is a good thing. THR is a great place to race at and with even more improvements it will only help it. The next order of busines is to improve THR's status within the community. As all those housing developments get closer to the back pit fence the more they will complain about the noise. Just my .02 cents

So Nick...what are the plans for big money races next year at THR? I think everyone knows the Big Shot is history but are there any plans in the works for any other big money races in 2004? Sure would like to see some of my Florida racing friends up here again! :D New blood seems to make for some great racing in Central Texas!

daffynmark,

Let's see how the ROMCO SLM cars do with the widened back straight before we start thinking about big money races at Thunder Hill. That'll give you plenty of time to come up with a $40,000 sponsor for Big Shot III !!

Nick Holt

Archived