MaryAnn and Dale Jr

Dawn

So I am at TMS today standing in about 10 feet from the stage for driver intro's and we get to Dale Jr. Dale comes down and who presents him with a check I think for his Pole win...Mary Ann Nauman!! She was supposed to get to attend the drivers meeting, but they told her the wrong time and she missed it. So they REALLY made it up to her by letting her be a presenter for JR. It was AWESOME!!! She represented well!!!

When I spoke with Mary Ann earlier, she was both disappointed and excited at the same time.

She had been instructed to meet the NASCAR contact person at the Media Center at 11:15 a.m. But, unfortunately, he was still on Eastern time, and the meeting was already underway when Mary Ann tried to hook up with him.

As some of you may remember from the press release, Mary Ann's dream was to attend the drivers' meeting. The guy from NASCAR felt really bad about the miscommunication, and so he offered her the chance to present the check to Jr.

From what I understand, her name was announced as she presented the check (and a cowboy hat, I think) on the main stage, and she even appeared on the big screens all over the track. The NASCAR guy promised to send her a picture in the morning. We'll be sharing it with all the THR and TSZ folks. And, yes, it was the opportunity of a lifetime.

Oh well, maybe next time she'll get to visit the drivers' meeting . . .

Thank you all for your postings, I am sorry I have not been on here, it is a race week and oh my gosh we have all been working so hard during the off season and the track certainly shows! Although, I turn around and remember one more thing that needs to be done! LOL.

I think everyone that knows me knows that I always try to get one more thing in before I have to be wherever I have to be and can sometimes, LOL be pushing the time a little too close, although I have improved with age and H! So for me to tell you that at 10:30am I was standing where I was instructed to be @ 11:15am, might surprise some, but I was! By 10:38am, my heart was broken, I can say they certainly made an effort to make it right with me and went way out of their way, but I still have not gotten to attend the NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers meeting. If you know me, I was wanting this to observe and learn what I could to do what I love to do and do it to the best of my ability, so for me that is to observe the Officials.

Jr. was certainly an honor and I actually was behind stage with all the drivers, all very down to earth and very humble, made me feel very comfortable, as did everyone there with NASCAR. I was honored to say the least!

Hope to see you all this weekend as we kick off the 08 at Thunderhill Raceway! Blessings to each of you and please remember the Yocum family, Gary Cozart, who just lost his Mother and Rebecca Cooper, our CPA, just lost an Aunt. God Bless.