thanks cc speedway

thumper

I have been racing for almost 39 years now but this was the strangest weekend I can remember.It was not the longest,that was a weekend at SAS around 1998 when we actually ran our race at 7:00 PM on Sunday.

We started the nite with a good car count and fan count.The drizzle teased us but we got a few heats in.Then the drizzle won out.Every driver,crew member and fan was not going to give up on this race.The Thunders were on the track pacing when the last and strongest wave of drizzle hit us.Running street tires the racers were not afraid to race on a damp track but the heavy drizzle made it impossible to see.After about 30 yellow laps,we were red flagged and the nite was scrubbed.This is when it got wierd.

At most every track this would have been the end of the weekend.There was a drivers meeting and all concerns were adressed,mainly the great distance some people towed to get here.Austin,Waco,Houston,etc.There were national points involved as well.Michael,Shawn and Mitzi stepped out of the box and decided to continue this event the next morning.They did not have to do this and it cearntany was not profitable to them but being racers themselves decided to offer as an option the Sunday race AND pay the purse that would have been paid Sat nite regardless of who could make Sunday or not.Also since Sunday was not on the scedule,this was a no points race for locals.The whole deal was optional.

Many teams did not make it due to other obligations but the races proceded as planned.Those who raced got paid full purse of Sat and EVERY fan not only got in with Sats.ticket,they got free tickets for the next racs as well.The Rhoads bit the bullit on this event and Shawn worked his butt off for 3 days.If this does not proove their dedication to the racers AND our speedway I dont know what could.I was able to win enough to make the next race,and I sincerely want to say THANK YOU CC SPEEDWAY,owners,manager,safty crew,announcer,officials,and everybody else that made this possible. Theres no question the magic that is CC Speedway is BACK.Youall come feel it. Thumper

The track is one of the funnest tracks to drive on, add that to a great staff and owners who are accomadating and thoughtful of the racers and you have an awesome facility. I had a great time, got to race my race and they paid me(cash is king) as I was leaving. I will definatly be back for the next truck race without hesitation as I am sold this track will be even better on my next visit. Thanks for putting the fun back in racing.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shawn B @ Mar 31 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thank you all for those nice words,,,,,,,I"d like thank the Drivers for coming out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I do not what to forget the FANS Thank you for coming. ya"ll DA GREATIS :D

Shawn, The families and drivers of the Dwarf Car Racing Series of Texas, would like to thank everyone at the Bullring for doing such a great job Saturday night. You Shawn, Michael and Mitzi, Harry and Linda and all the safety crew where extremely helpful and friendly. We appreciate each and everyone of you for all that you have done and are continuing to do. Rocky and Shari #3

i to want to thank the staff and all the workers at the track for a job done well. what a great bunch of people thay help you any way thay can.and like rusty said cash on the spot.even had fans sitting in the rain. thanks for a great time. old sob trk31

ohh yea forgot best race berger i ever ate ahhh

The thing that makes CC different is that STOCK CARS are what the track features.At most dirt tracks its the modifieds and sport mods that are the feature classes,the stock cars are in the shadows.Nobodys fault,its just the the open wheel cars are more popul;ar on dirt until you go farther north where late models are the feature class.At CC Speedway the feature class is Super Street,a full body car.The True Stock (bomber) and Thunders (ministocks) which are really overlooked at many tracks are also feature classes here.CC fans love all their drivers.This was never more evident than when I watched them under umbrellas,panchos and plastic sheets waiting for the race to continue.

Point is for a racer on a budget who wants the attention of a modified driver while running a budget race car AND the challange of running super fast on a tight track around traffic this is the place.All while connecting with fans and building a fan base.CC Speedway is definately a place for STOCK CAR RACING.Just like the good old days.

As an added advantage for ministock racers,both owners AND the track manager all have raced 4 cyl cars so they know more about minies than any other track I know of.They get real respect here.

I want to say thanks for holding the race on Sunday as well. Saturday was my son's birthday and we stuck it out till the heavy rain. I had promised him some racing and he got it the next morning. Course he loved seeing all the various cars on the track trying to dry it off as well...ha ha

I also want to give a shout out to Bill the Food and Beverage manager. I've meant to tell him in person every week, but the concession stand is a popular place and he is always so busy. The food is awesome. I don't know what you cook the fries in, but those are some of the best fries I've had.

Someone else mentioned the burger. I haven't had one yet, they look good, but I'm too busy eating my nachos. Man I love those.

Finally, thanks to the drivers who consistently show up and give us fans a good race. Some of you (like us fans) have been there every week. When you show up like that, you become fan favorites. Keep up the good work.

-Twitch

I have deleted a couple of posts in this thread that were obviously intended to start trouble.

If someone doesn't want to run CC Speedway, that's OK. But please don't be trying to start trouble with those who do.

Thanks.

Nick

It was fun to finally get to race Sunday, I had a blast. I would like to thank Mike and Shawn for us racing Sunday. And thank you John for giving me the opportunity to run the car while you were gone, thanks to Rex,Jeff,James,Cory and Jimmy for all the help on Saturday getting the car ready. thanks Cliff for the help at the track Sat. night.

Stephen Witzsche

nick who did you edit some dirt track racer i have no problem with thumper aka GB but if he is not racen on dirt why talk about modified at all lately everone is complaning about asphalt vs dirt in the last 2 months you can tell what side you are taking

I do not have a side in this ongoing feud between the dirt folks and the asphalt folks. Why would I take sides? I have no vested interest in either track. I love both dirt and asphalt racing. I want both tracks to make it big.

It's a fact that I've known Owen for years and have worked with him on various projects including TAMS and TTOPA and it's also a fact that I don't know any of the current owners or managers of CC Speedway. I'm not taking sides.

If you have more to say on the subject, please contact me via a PM or email as you have done in the past.

Thanks.

Nick

BJ34 I am not aware of any fued between any tracks.Nobody at the asphalt track harbors any ill will tward anyone.When I talk about dirt tracks,all of them,its for compairison pourposes only.Anyone who thisks that is insulting must be ashamed about something.As far as modifieds,I raced them over 10 years and still have many friends racing them.At several tracks.

There are many CC racers that are not active for various reasons and those are the people I am trying to encourage to return.CC is back on solid ground again and has something to offer the STOCK CAR racer.CC offers an inexpensive starting class in bombers,a top class of Super Streets that costs about 1/4 of the overall cost of modified to race plus an intermediate class of Thunder cars that are both fast and cost effective.PLUS traveling series to add varity.We want the guys that quit to know their track is back for them.What the other 7 or 8 tracks do is their business.

The idea of tracks competing for racers does sound intresting from a racers standpoint but with different programs I dont see that yet.The old apples and oranges thing.Maybe that competetion thing is between the dirt tracks since they basically have the same types of cars.I know some of my modified friends go where the purse is best on a given nite.We at CC dont have anuwhere to go.But we are having fun.

you bring the snow we will bring the chains ..... how about some boat racen ..swamp racen ...you have enough room to dig one in the back forty ..hell its wasted space ..and yep that will be the day when i shut up ..rat . april fool ...a day late ...

Archived