Old pic

txtom

You got it, Buddy, Bill White.

Don't know the year.

If you like that one, let me finish scanning a collection I got today, and you're gonna go nuts.

I will be sending the WHite pics to see if Bill or Linda can id the years.

I'd have to guess thar's '70-'72 running that injected big block. Trying to remember who owned that car. It may have been Robert Bullock out of Harker Heights. I am sure Bill could tell you.

Harker Heights! Now, there'a a place I haven't heard anything about in a lonnng time. Back in the early sixties, that's where you found the first liquor store when you left Kileen or Fort Hood. That was a dry county up there and Harker Heights was just outside the county line. Does this have anything to do with racing? No! But we try to be as informative as possible!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with Bill. I described the picture to him and he remembered the car and said '70 - '72 sounds about right. He said the name on the hood was CHEVY A-GOGO. He said it was owned by a fellow in Dallas whose name was Belmar. Might have been Delmar.

That could be Haney Delmar I presume. He owned several different cars in different classes, didn't realize that was one of them. Haney had Delmar Disposal Corporation with a fleet of Vacuum trucks that did disposal work, grease traps, septics, and slug removal from the Dallas Water treatment plants. Big money contract from the setup he had back then. He had a big yard on South Buckner about 5 miles south of the old Devils Bowl. Down in Pleasant Grove, I drove a Sprint Car for him a few times. He was a big racing fan, and sank a lot of money into the sport when there was little return back then.

Archived