ROMCO rules changes for 2004?

NickHolt

Ok. Let's get this over with. I will send an e-mail this weekend with the changes IF ANY to the Romco rules. I want to thank everyone for their input. If nothing else, it has shown that we are doing most things right. The only time any rule chances are done by me is to help make the racing better and far most safer for everyone. We have been working hard to get the schedule done, and hope to have done by early next week. Any one who hasn't sent me their e-mail address please do.

terlinbarden@yahoo

Thank You

Terry Barden

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Approved Body Configuration (A-B-C) sounds like a great idea. What an innovative way to reduce costs! As far as ease of entry into Romco I believe there are already provisions for us 2 bbl. guys to "run what we brung." In fact, we can bolt on a 4 holer, slap on some 10 inch tires, remove some lead and run mid pack now, just ask HOUSTONLM04. Why aren't more teams doing so? From my perspective it has as much to do with time as economics. I spend 60 hours a week or so earning a living before I can even think about my race car. During that same 60 hours someone is actually working on most of the front running Romco cars. That’s what makes it so impressive when someone like Bandit does well but I bet if you asked him which resource he could better utilize he’d pick time over money more often than not. JP

You guys crack me up. You should have been bitching about the costs of it before my offer. You guys hit the nail on the head, 95% of the people that dont race that want to, are not willing to spend the time it takes. So basically they are asking ROMRD to do away with any entry fees, give them tires, raise the purse and give them a weight brake so that their low budget engine car can be competitive. What a deal. By the way, that engine is only a $15,000 engine so it does not carry the prestige of a expensive one. Do you still want it? And also, where should I ship the 12 tires, that is all that you will need for the entire season at 1 tire per race.

Now gasman you cant expect someone to race on that small a budget .Ive seen 3 sets of new tires in the romco pits on race day and as far as a $15000.00 engine I'll take it and you wont have to ship it .I'll pick it up and put GASMAN in big letters on my quarter panels.LETS GO RACING.LOL

lol now were talking . Don't think they will get that cazy but the SUPR head and intake package and rules are a pretty good package with only 10 to 1 compression the engines are good for a season , several years back i didn't have Bubba Naumann's engine finished so we pulled my SUPR late model engine out of my car of with 27 races on it and put it in Bubba's car and ran 3 rd in SA with Romco. Then i ran out of time to freshen the motor and put it back in my car and ran it 14 more races ya they were not 125 lap races but the motor still had a lot of time on it and looked pretty good considerning . Really i think that the Romco rules for the most part are good just would like to see them pay more money and do something for the series that makes it easier to get sponsors to give them more exposer

Archived