THR/TSRS Sponsor, Official and FRIEND, Kent w/INSTY PRINTS

Mary Ann Naumann

One of our dearest friends, Kent w/INSTY PRINTS, whom most of you know, he and his family lost their home Friday evening when it burned down!

All are safe, thank the good Lord, but they lost everything! NOt only is Kent and his family dear friends, he and his son Aaron are such an asset to THR as well, as TSRS, please keep him and his family in your prayers. Such sadness starting off the 08!

Kent,

I was shocked to hear about the loss of your home. I know you and your family must be devastated.

Please let us know what we can do to help. I have an idea I'd like to discuss with you that I think will be a big help. Give me a call, please, at 210-685-0400, when you get a chance. We, as your racing family, need to pull together to support you and your family.

Mary Ann shared the following information with me regarding the fire at Kent's house:

A little good news about Kent's fire - the family was moving into their new home in the country, (new to them) almost everything of value was already moved, excluding all the kids old memories which were in the attic.

Kent was the only one home, the family was already staying at the new house! He was about to go to bed, heard a noise, thought someone was breaking in, got his pants on headed that direction, when he smelled the smoke and saw a glow, ran back into the bedroom and called 911, ran out the door when the windows in the front of the house blew out!

The saddest thing he lost which is where the fire started was the garage, he lost his toy, a 1971 Camaro he has been restoring for years, no insurance except liability! He is so very sad about this!!! He feels blessed, he knows if the family had been home, as fast as the car exploded, someone or more might have lost their life. We went by to see the house today, so sad.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann talked with Kent this evening, and he said was very appreciative of everyone's concerns.

We at K-MAC Sports have started a fund-raising endeavor on Kent's behalf...

you can find more info at www.myspace.com/kmacsports...

Kristina Webber, Merle Bertrand's wife, has been phenonmenal in getting things going...within the next couple days we'll have a PayPal account set up for donations and we're looking to open the K-MAC Studios for donations for the family...Leland, we'd like to keep your offer of a truck in mind as soon as we get a date nailed down for people to drop off items for donations, if that's okay..

Waddy - thanks, we'll be hitting you up soon, I hope!

Here's the latest info in K-MAC Sports' efforts to help out...this is the script our K-MAC Sports talent will be reading over the air...let me know if we can help anyone out or if you have any questions/suggestions for us..

*Kent Eller of Insty Prints of Austin, a good friend to K-MAC Sports and the racing community, and his family recently suffered through the tragedy of having their home burn down. We're glad to say that the family is okay, but they lost almost all of their possessions in the fire. This is a family that has THREE BOYS – a 7th grader, a junior in high school and a 1st year college student.

*There are 2 places where you can drop off donated items - you can bring your donations to either Insty Prints (located at 4360 S Congress Ave., #104, Austin, TX 78745) and the K-MAC Sports studios (7901 Cameron Road, Building 3, #337, Austin, 78753)

*Also, we'll have a PayPal account set up soon. Please check the main page of the K-MAC Sports web site (kmacsports.com), it will be posted there when it's available.

*Chuck Licata and others are gathering Auction Items and K-MAC Sports will hold a Benefit Auction for the Kent Eller family in mid-February (date to be announced).

*Please call 512.297.8725 with any questions or if you need to make other arrangements for donated items and contributions. Continued information can be found at www.myspace.com/kmacsports. Again, thank you ALL for your outpouring of support!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

There have been several items and money donated to the Kent Eller family. You folks are unbelievable!

We've opened a special account on PayPal to collect donations to help out the Eller family. Just click the "Donate" button at the top of the left column on the home page (kmacsports.com).

We are also accepting donations of needed items. There are 2 places where you can drop off donated items - you can bring your donations to 1 of 2 places: Insty Prints (located at 4360 S Congress Ave., #104, Austin, TX 78745) and the K-MAC Sports studios (7901 Cameron Road, Building 3, #337, Austin, 78753)

We are gathering Auction Items and K-MAC Sports will hold a Benefit Auction for the Kent Eller family in late February-early March (date to be announced).

Thank you again!

Thanks, Chuck and KMAC Sports, for making it so easy to send a donation. For those who aren't familiar with PayPal, I've used it safely for several years. Yes, I'm an eBay shopper!

I spoke with Kent for quite a while last week when I stopped by Insty Prints to pick up some Enduro posters. As you might imagine, Kent was dealing with his material losses as well as anyone could expect. He was very thankful that he was able to get out of the house in time and that his family wasn't there when the explosion occurred. His dog was missing for a short time, but the fire crew fortunately found him shortly after their arrival.

I hope the racing community will show their support of Kent and his family. I met him for the first time last September when I joined the THR staff, and I can truly say he's an awesome person. Please be generous with this very worthwhile cause.

Archived