Len Hayden's Photo Collection

txtom

Billy (Fryarfan) posted this on another thread:

And how about a couple of faces there in the pic where you see Blythe's front end just pulled out of Bean's door and there is a wrecker in the background. Looks like good friend Len Hayden(who we lost just a couple of years ago, r.i.p.)

Billy mentioned Len Hayden;

Well, these pictures I posted last night are from his personal collection. I was honored to receive a substantial portion of his collection late last year, and I am now getting it organized to share with you all.

When I say substantial, I received some 55 pounds of photos and stuff from Len's son David and his Mother.

It encompasses early HWY 16, B&B racing from the early 70's through Eddie's racing, TWS/TROC, several of the 80's All American 400s at Nashville, more All Pro from the southeast, and other venues too numerous to list here. I am estimating 2,000 plus pictures.

While I am going to post quite a bit on here, I am also storing all of them on-line due to the sheer number.

I will be letting ya'll know as soon as I get that going.

I alwould also like to thank a couple people for their endorsement on this; when David Hayden asked a couple of his closest friends who might be able to do something with it, both Neil Upchurch and Greg Davidson mentioned me, and I am grateful for that.

So if ya'll will be patient with me, I got a lot to share. Just keep looking at this forum for updates.

Those pics couldn't be in better hands. If anyone ever qualified at the Official Texas Short Track Racing Historian, it's Tom Taylor!

I'd trust Tom with everything but my wife and my beer.. LOL

Nick

I'd trust Tom with everything but my wife and my beer.. LOL

Nick

You don't have to worry about the beer; I don't drink it ............................................ ;)

• 1 month later...
Billy (Fryarfan) posted this on another thread:

And how about a couple of faces there in the pic where you see Blythe's front end just pulled out of Bean's door and there is a wrecker in the background. Looks like good friend Len Hayden(who we lost just a couple of years ago, r.i.p.)

Billy mentioned Len Hayden;

Well, these pictures I posted last night are from his personal collection. I was honored to receive a substantial portion of his collection late last year, and I am now getting it organized to share with you all.

When I say substantial, I received some 55 pounds of photos and stuff from Len's son David and his Mother.

It encompasses early HWY 16, B&B racing from the early 70's through Eddie's racing, TWS/TROC, several of the 80's All American 400s at Nashville, more All Pro from the southeast, and other venues too numerous to list here. I am estimating 2,000 plus pictures.

While I am going to post quite a bit on here, I am also storing all of them on-line due to the sheer number.

I will be letting ya'll know as soon as I get that going.

I alwould also like to thank a couple people for their endorsement on this; when David Hayden asked a couple of his closest friends who might be able to do something with it, both Neil Upchurch and Greg Davidson mentioned me, and I am grateful for that.

So if ya'll will be patient with me, I got a lot to share. Just keep looking at this forum for updates.

That's great news Tom! I just completed a DVD myself and sent a copy to Nick Holt. It was only 300 pictures or so, but I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it if Nick gets a chance to post on the website. The music is great and lasts about 1/2 an hour. Maybe Nick will make it a separate thread altogether. If you need any help or would like somone to use as a sounding board, you are more than welcome to give me a call at 715.834.0481 as I have some experience in compiling large sums of photos.

Archived