Cool stuff on this thread,nice.

I got some pictures I`ll share.

Bobby Davis Jr. Devil`s Bowl 1986

B-1.jpg

Bobby Davis Jr. and Sammy Swindell at Battleground 1986

bdavisjrS.jpg

Steve Kinser Devil`s Bowl 1986

CopyofSteveKinserdevilsbowl1986.jpg

It was very cold and WINDY at the `86 DB Spring Nationals and Jack Hewitt catches some air going into turn 3

doithewitt.jpg

Brad Doty Devil`s Bowl 1986

dotyslideways86.jpg

Billy Jack Holder after driving under a flipping Kenny Jacobs at a USA race at D`Bowl,

bj.jpg

Brad Doty lit one up at the `86 Summer Nationals at the Devils Bowl.

dotyfire6.jpg

Earnest Jennings and Bob Ewell Devils Bowl 1988

earnestjenningsbobewell88.jpg

Mike Peters in the #1tg,Gary Watson in the 3d.

Watson saved it.

garywatson.jpg

Rickey Hood DB 1986

hoodbowl86.jpg

Edd French,Tim Green and Rickey Hood DB 1986

frenchgreenhood86.jpg

Joe Gaerte DB 1986

j.jpg

The late Steve Evans interviews Steve Kinser DB 1986

kinsertv.jpg

Lee Brewer 1986

l.jpg

Tony Armstrong inside of Craig Keel.

t.jpg

Rudy, you are the man! I tried to e-mail you through the link on Cowtown's web site, but it would not go through. I wanted you to get involved with the magic that is happening on this history forum. It is, as you have already found, the best forum going! No cry babies here! just a few very respectful racers and fan's sharing their memories about the great drivers from the past. I wanted you to post some pic's from the "Topless 100" in the thread titled "A Race Fan's Perspective" check it out and I think you will understand why I wanted the Topless pic's.

PS. Your work improves with every year! You among the best going an for sure the best in our Great State. Texas racers rule!

texastracker,

I changed my e-mail address about half way through last season and they probably didn`t change all of the links on Cowtown`s website.

My email address is rgphotos@earthlink.net if you ever need to reach me or just go to Cowtown`s forum and give me a hollar.

I`ve been reading this forum when I get a chance and I do enjoy it.

I like reading about and seeing pictures of CC Speedway.I was born in Corpus but my family moved to the Dallas area when I was about three years old(Thanks to Hurricane Celia!).We did however make alot of trips back to Corpus and we would go to CC Speedway whenever we got the chance.I was just a little kid back then and don`t really remember to much,I guess that`s why I like reading about it.

I`ll post some pics from the Topless cars pretty soon.

Thank You for the kind words.

I put alot of money,alot of time,alot of heart and alot of soul into my photography and it means alot to me when someone appreciates it because alot of people don`t.

Thank You.

Snaproll, if you remember Bobby Allen #1a won the windy afternoon the march 86. A the only have decent pics was where ESPN had opened a section of the fence at the exit of turn 4. I am glad Lanny stopped the day time events, they were always a dust bowl before the A-Main.

Yep.

Kinser went over the inside wall , hit Lanny`s van then bounced back and landed on the wall.

the aftermath........

Devils Bowl 1987

File0002b.jpg

Bobby Davis Jr was involved in the same crash

File0002acopy.jpg

WoO 1987

File0004copy.jpg

Bobby Marshall Devil`s Bowl March 1987

File0004b.jpg

S.Swindell leads Mike Ward 1987

File0001b.jpg

• 4 years later...

Was looking through this thread and what is neat is that the top three in the supers class all run with the Sprint Series of Texas today with exception of Johnny Suggs. Johnny ran a race earlier this year at the Bowl and was leading and lost it on the last lap becuase he flat ran out juice in himself and he said he was done. I see Johnny at every SST race and he is a super nice guy willing to help anyone out and at his age today and can still out drive any young guy in a sprint car. Russell Shoulder won a SST race at devils bowl in June

Archived