32 Years of TPS Champions

32 Years of Texas Pro Sedans Champions

The Texas Pro Sedans Series completed it’s 32nd consecutive year of racing during the 2007 season.

Over the past thirty two years, the San Antonio based 4-cylinder stock car series has conducted more than 600 racing events at ovals and road courses across Texas, Oklahoma and Mexico.

The Texas Pro Sedans is the oldest touring series organization in Texas.

During the 2007 season, the TPS series contested eight racing events. The races were held at two oval tracks: Thunderhill Raceway In Kyle and at San Antonio Speedway.

Following is the Texas Pro Sedan Series Champions list:

2007 - Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX - #20 VW Rabbit

2006 - Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX - # 70 VW Scirocco

2005 - Sergio Hexsel/San Antonio, TX - #20 VW Rabbit

2004 - Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX - # 27 BMW

2003 - Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX - # 27 BMW

2002 - Randy Lee/Corpus Christi, TX - # 30 Ford Mustang

2001 - Bucky Hutchinson/Austin, TX - # 47 VW Scirocco

2000 - Bucky Hutchinson/Austin, TX - # 47 VW Scirocco

1999 - Bucky Hutchinson, Austin, TX - # 47 VW Scirocco

1998 - Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX - # 27 Honda CRX

1997 - Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX - # 27 Honda CRX

1996 - Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX - # 27 Honda CRX

1995 - Bill Krueger/Bastrop, TX - # 71 VW Scirocco

1994 - Bill Krueger/Bastrop, TX - # 71 VW Scirocco

1993 - Mikey Cullen/Buda, TX - # 70 VW Scirocco

1992 - Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX - # 27 VW Scirocco

1991 - John Leonard/San Antonio, TX - # 54 VW Rabbit

1990 - Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX - # 70 VW Scirocco

1989 - Joe Osborne/San Antonio, TX - # 16 VW Rabbit

1988 - Ricci Ware, Jr/Live Oak, TX - # 1 Datsun 510

1987 - Mike Boer/Red Rock, TX - # 70 VW Sedan

1986 - Ricci Ware, Jr/Live Oak, TX - # 1 Datsun 510

1985 - Bucky Hutchison/Austin, TX- # 57 Mini Cooper

1984 - Ricci Ware, Jr/Live Oak, TX - # 22 Datsun 510

1983 - Paul Jett/San Antonio, TX - # 2 Chevrolet Chevette

1982 - Mike Boer/Red Rock, TX - # 70 VW Sedan

1981 - Neil Upchurch/San Antonio, TX - # 76 VW Sedan

1980 - Neil Upchurch/San Antonio, TX - # 76 VW Sedan

Note: A Texas Pro Sedan Series Points Championship

was not contested in 1976, 1977, 1978 and 1979.

For more information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Race - Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

c/o 3222 Leyte Drive

San Antonio, TX.78217-4018

210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Neil.

If you had to pick, what would be the 3 highlights of the Pro Sedan run? I know narrwing down that to that # will be tough. I would say for me, watching the Sedans run @ TWS growing up. I remember thinking, that is a BIG track, and those cars are little!

Good luck on a great '08.

I think that this is all the more impressive when you think of the cars. They cover the spectrum. Front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, front engine, rear engine, air cooled, water cooled, english, American and japanese cars. What a great job by Neal and his staff through the years to keep them all competative.

Keep it up. :ph34r:

our win in the number 7 car at sas .closest finish in tps history ..irene wilkey driveing my car at tws in 1991 ..good start good finish . she had never sit in a small car up till then ..no practice in before that race .. and ran good and brought it home ..i would have raced it myself .but my son was ready for this world ..he was born the monday after darn i could have raced it ...

stsracer: I have to get on here and set you straight. You wrote, "Only 1 ford and all the restrictions - Oldtimer its not about wins it CHAMPIONSHIPS lol"

You are apparently unfamiliar with TPS Rules. Throughout 2007, the restrictor plates were removed from after-market head equipped Fords. Ja Lane won four of the eight TPS races in 2007 with an OEM head on his Ford. He missed winning the TPS Championship by only four points.

If you'd like to race your unrestricted Ford for the TPS Championship in 2008, a membership form is available on www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Only 1 ford and all the restrictions :blink: . Oldtimer its not about wins it CHAMPIONSHIPS lol

ARE YOU TALKING ABOULT OUR ONE WIN IN SA ..YOU DONT HAVE ONE .LOL ..CHAMPIONSHIP .. WE DONT RACE FOR THEM ..THAT ONE FORD YOU SAY ..WAS THE REASON FORSOME OF THE RESTRICTIONS ... AND I MAY ADD TPS IS ADJUSTING THOSE THIS YEAR FOR TRIAL ...SO GET YOUR CAR AND COME ON UP AND TRY YOUR LUCK IN TPS .. ADD YOUR FORD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP LIST ..WHICH YOU WILL FIND NOT AS EASY AS YOU MAY THINK .. THEASE DRIVERS DONT MOVE OUT OF YOUR WAY ......WE WILL BE THERE ..OR ARE YOU AFRAID OF SOME COMP ...BRING IT ..YOU SAID IT NEIL..... MERRY CHRISTMAS ..

Only 1 ford and all the restrictions :blink: . Oldtimer its not about wins it CHAMPIONSHIPS lol

ARE YOU TALKING ABOULT OUR ONE WIN IN SA ..YOU DONT HAVE ONE .LOL ..CHAMPIONSHIP .. WE DONT RACE FOR THEM ..THAT ONE FORD YOU SAY ..WAS THE REASON FORSOME OF THE RESTRICTIONS ... AND I MAY ADD TPS IS ADJUSTING THOSE THIS YEAR FOR TRIAL ...SO GET YOUR CAR AND COME ON UP AND TRY YOUR LUCK IN TPS .. ADD YOUR FORD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP LIST ..WHICH YOU WILL FIND NOT AS EASY AS YOU MAY THINK .. THEASE DRIVERS DONT MOVE OUT OF YOUR WAY ......WE WILL BE THERE ..OR ARE YOU AFRAID OF SOME COMP ...BRING IT ..YOU SAID IT NEIL..... MERRY CHRISTMAS ..

Oldtimer I have no desire to race anymore. And for cars moving out of my way like that ever happens thats why my front clip is always a different color than the rest of the car"its called moving them out of my way." Also never said it would be easy winninig in TPS,but I do think I have a fast enough car to win for sure. Not affraid to put my car against anyones car I know what my car is capable of doing and thats beating you anytime :D .

Neil you say set me straight. Well I was just saying what I saw on here. Alot of VW that have won the CHAMPIONSHIP and corrected me if Im wrong but have they any restrctions put on them. Note tryin to PISS you off just stating what I read. ;) Good luck next year hope TPS keeps going MINI"s are running out in this state.

stsracer: WHAT !!!! - You are not racing anymore?

With a car as good as you say your Ford is, why in world are you quitting?

Please visit www.TexasProSedans.com and check out TPS rules too. You will see that your car would also be at least 200 lbs lighter.

If you have any questions, call me.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrativer Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

STS IM SURE GOING TO MISS YOU BEATING US .THOW WE DIDNT RACE WITH YOU MUCH ..I THINK YOU CAN RUN WITH THE BEST OF US AT KYLE ..HAVE TOGET OUR CAR JUST ALITTLE BETTER . IN SET UP OR JUST SOME DARN LUCK . GOT LAZY LAST YEAR . THIS YEAR WE ARE GOING AFTER THEM ....WE.LL SEE ..ANYWAY IF YOU ARENT RACEN AND GET BORED COME ON UP ANYWAY ..YOU CAN CLEAN OUR WINDSHIELDS IF YOU LIKE ..OR COME OUT TO CC AND CLEAN THE OTHERS THERE ..

STS IM SURE GOING TO MISS YOU BEATING US .THOW WE DIDNT RACE WITH YOU MUCH ..I THINK YOU CAN RUN WITH THE BEST OF US AT KYLE ..HAVE TOGET OUR CAR JUST ALITTLE BETTER . IN SET UP OR JUST SOME DARN LUCK . GOT LAZY LAST YEAR . THIS YEAR WE ARE GOING AFTER THEM ....WE.LL SEE ..ANYWAY IF YOU ARENT RACEN AND GET BORED COME ON UP ANYWAY ..YOU CAN CLEAN OUR WINDSHIELDS IF YOU LIKE ..OR COME OUT TO CC AND CLEAN THE OTHERS THERE ..

Oldtimer how about I come tune your motor so Jessie can actually run like he should. I meen after all my motors are staying together more than one year. OUCH :D .And how can you judge the handling on my car when that car hasnt touched the ASPHAULT. Im sure with my two years of DIRT racing would make me one hell of an ASPHAULT driver. And also I remember my ROOKIE year at CC I finished second in the PRO 4 race against all the fast fords that RUN TPS on STREET TIRES hell I beat you and out QUILIFIED you in that race. So how about you quit tryin to put me down just because of yours years involved in racing over mine. I do have 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS under my belt 1 being won by me this year and the other CREWCHEIFING for my brother. How many you got? :D Sorry OLDTIMER just had to let you know some of the TRUTH! ;)

Oldtimer how about I come tune your motor so Jessie can actually run like he should. I meen after all my motors are staying together more than one year. OUCH :D .And how can you judge the handling on my car when that car hasnt touched the ASPHAULT. Im sure with my two years of DIRT racing would make me one hell of an ASPHAULT driver. And also I remember my ROOKIE year at CC I finished second in the PRO 4 race against all the fast fords that RUN TPS on STREET TIRES hell I beat you and out QUILIFIED you in that race. So how about you quit tryin to put me down just because of yours years involved in racing over mine. I do have 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS under my belt 1 being won by me this year and the other CREWCHEIFING for my brother. How many you got? :D Sorry OLDTIMER just had to let you know some of the TRUTH! ;)

I AM NOT PUTTING YOU DOWN ..THOW I CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD THINK THAT WAY ..THOUGHT . AND MEENING CANT ALWAYS BE SHOWN IN PRINT ..I THINK YOU WOULD BE FAST IN TPS ... THE PRO 4 RACE .I DONT RECALL DRIVEING IN THAT ONE .CHAMPIONSHIPS ...IF YOU DEFINE THAT WORD WITH JUST HAVEING A TROPHIE AT THE END OF THE YEAR .THEN I DONT THINK YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ...FIRST OFF .I HAVE TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS PER SAY . THOW I DONT OWN THE TROPHIE ..BUT THE CARS I BUILT AND HAD SOME HAND IN IT .HAVE EM ..JUST DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU CONSIDER HANDS ON ... AS FOR WIN.S I HAVE A FEW MORE THOW I WON ALOT MYSELF AND WITH DRIVERS COMBINED ...NOW BACK TO CHAMPIONSHIPS ....I DONT DEFINE CHAMPIONSHIPS SO MUCH WITH A TROPHIE ..GETTING CARS OUT ON THE TRACK .AND HELPING WHO EVER I CAN RUN BETTER .WIN A RACE OR TWO ..COME IN WITH A SMILE AFTER MAYBE A BAD FINISH . HELPING A 21 TEAM SET THIER TIRE STAGGAR SO THEY COULD RUN FASTER AND FINISH IN SECOND AT OUR LOCAL TRACK IN A TPS RACE JUST TO POINT ONE OUT YOU KNOW ABOULT... THAT MY FRIEND IS WHAT MAKES ME A CHAMPION .THATS MY CHAMPIONSHIP . ITS ALOT MORE FUN TO WIN IT THAT WAY ...

TPS 48 (aka Mike Knotts): I agree with you on one of your three most memorable TPS races.

My three most memorable TPS races were:

(1). I also drove in three 24 Hour races at the Autodromo of Monterrey, Mexico. Each race started 75 four cylinder cars at 3:00pm Saturday. The checker fell 24 hour later at 3:00pm Sunday which was about 2,400 miles after the start of the winning car. Usually about 20 cars were running at finish.

(2). The worst wreck ever in TPS history was at Thunderhill Raceway on May 7, 2005. Donnie Moore in the #70 VW Scirocco and Ozzie Osburn in his #22 Ford Mustang were on their roofs. Candi Hogan had bad damage on the front and rear of her #72 VW Sedan. All cars were repaired and raced again within about a month that season.

(3). The closest finish ever in TPS feature race history was at San Antonio Speedway. Jesse Sandoval in his #7 Ford Pinto won by a few inches over six time TPS Champion Bill LaBarge in his #27 BMW.

If anyone out there would like to race in the TPS series in 2008, Texas Pro Sedans Rules and a Membership Form are available on www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

GUNDOG99 - Your post is correct that in "1999 and 2000 Bucky won the TPS title in his #47 Scirocco".

I have discovered the typo error you mentioned and made the necessary edit to the posted champions list.

Thanks for your attention,

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Archived