dash

HiTech

Mike, I have never built a dash before but I have built a bunch of fiberglass speaker boxes, this is what I would do. Build a box or backboard that would mount against the fire wall. Then cut out and mount all of your pannels for you radio, cluster, speakers, airvents and stuff.. Go the the frabric store and get you some fleece, wrap it around your dash and staple it on the back. Saturate it with resin using a paint brush.The fleece will strech real smooth and even. After it dries put a couplel of layers of fiberglass on the inside of the dash to make it strong.Dewey Supply Co by buck staduim has the best price in town, use laminating resin. After all that get some bondo and get ready to sand for the next three days lol!

here is a link to some picks, they are speaker boxes but the same concept just to give you some ideas anyway. good luck

http://www.tccustomz.com/custom_work

Geez Pumpkin, That might be the last time we see Oldtimer here after he finds fordpinto.com forum.

So many people in need of his expertese. He will need a new keyboard for Christmas to answer all the questions those pintoheads have. Maybe he can work two shifts, one on pintos and one on TXSZ.

Geez Pumpkin, That might be the last time we see Oldtimer here after he finds fordpinto.com forum.

So many people in need of his expertese. He will need a new keyboard for Christmas to answer all the questions those pintoheads have. Maybe he can work two shifts, one on pintos and one on TXSZ.

JUST TO LET YOU TWO MOTOR MOUTHS KNOW I HAVE BEEN ON THIER MAILNG LIST FOR THREE YEARS ..NOW .BACK TO THE DASH ..THE ONE I HAVE FOR THIS CAR IS PERFECT SHAPE ..THEY ARE NOT WHAT YOU CALL FANCY LOOKING .. LIMITED ON WHAT YOU CAN ADD TO IT ..SO I WANT TO TRY MY LUCK AT MAKEING A NEW DASH FOR IT ..NOW IF I GET LUCKY AND MAKE OR GET ONE MADE .ILL DO IT ..IF NOT ILL PUT THE STOCK ONE BACK IN ..

Oldtimer, this is just a suggestion for gathering knowledge. Talk to guys at a boat shop. They could put you onto the glass, proper resins and what release agents to use.

I know you have to put a wax or somthing on there before you lay the glass and resin. Good luck and let us know how it comes out. Maybe pics?

Oldtimer, this is just a suggestion for gathering knowledge. Talk to guys at a boat shop. They could put you onto the glass, proper resins and what release agents to use.

I know you have to put a wax or somthing on there before you lay the glass and resin. Good luck and let us know how it comes out. Maybe pics?

YEP I THOUGHT I WOULD GO SEE ONE OF THOSE GUYS ..I NEED IMPUT ..I HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET AND FOUND SOME REALLY GOOD INFOW ..BUT NOT ENOUGH .YET ...AND I WILL ADD SOME PIC.S WHEN THE CAR IS DONE ..DARN IT IS EASIER TO BUILD A RACECAR . THOSE DONT HAVE TO BE PERFECT LOOKING ... THIS WILL BE A STREET CAR ..IM NOT TOOLED UP FOR THIS KIND OF WORK ..BUT I WONT LEARN IF I DONT TRY ..WILL THANKS FOR YOUR IMPUT .....THIS ISNT A JOKE ITS REAL ..MY SON WANTS HIS CAR ....

• 2 weeks later...

OT,

I had a '67 VW Squareback that my roommate then did the dash in. He took cardboard boxed in the dash, then took canned spray foam and shot it in the mold. Once it had cured(hardened) he sanded and shaped it till he had what he wanted. Then I think he glued wax paper on it and fiberglassed it. I'll try to get in touch with him this week, I'll also try to scan in and post a picture of it. Also, as stated earlier; you would be best to cut all holes prior to glassing any of it....

(on edit)

Oh, find you a pool/hottub repair person. If you were here in S.A. I know eactly who I'd recommend. John does awesome work...

Mark

OT,

on the hottub repair person. You might find someone willing to help you that would do it for cheap(sp) or free when you till them what your plans are...

On my '67 he painted the dash dove gray and the inserts grabber blue. Squareback was grabber blue...

Archived