I think they really put a lot of thought into this decision, and it was not easy that's for sure. Look back and you will how the opinions have varied about the 2 tires. I think it's a good change, and hats off to THR for allowing 2 events to use up the 970's.

The plus like was mentioned yesterday is the chance to get good scrubs from TSRS guys (which ps-PM me if anyone has gome good1's) so that will cut on expense for some. Plus, from past experience I think the slicks perform better if you take good care of the car. On top of that, don't our cars look better this slicks????? ;)

jerry was having to try and carry three seperate tires. i would blame it more on the goodyear/hmp contract more than i would THR.

like chase said , we're all on the samething-but it will come down to who can afford to be up front every week.

consider the tires gone go get them duane :lol:

on the tire thing I still think that they sould have changes the tire to 970s for the TSRS and you could still see the " Trickle down effect" that they think we will see from the F53 but 25 TSRS trying to "trickle" to 50 SS/Thunderstocks just doesn't seem like it will work. so some people will still have to buy the new more expensive tire. And we also did see a change in the distributor rule. we still cant lock them so sorry to anyone who has to run after the thunderstocks watch for the oil.

consider the tires gone go get them duane :lol:

on the tire thing I still think that they sould have changes the tire to 970s for the TSRS and you could still see the " Trickle down effect" that they think we will see from the F53 but 25 TSRS trying to "trickle" to 50 SS/Thunderstocks just doesn't seem like it will work. so some people will still have to buy the new more expensive tire. And we also did see a change in the distributor rule. we still cant lock them so sorry to anyone who has to run after the thunderstocks watch for the oil.

As soon as he calls me back they are gone.

Archived