12/7/1941

44SS

Thank you for remembering our fallen military. As a veteran of Desert Shield / Desert Storm,we should never forget the cost of freedom. Others die, so we may live. If you get a chance, say "Thank You" to a military member. It means alot to hear those words from civilians. At this time of year, while we run around shopping and coordinating family get togethers, stop and reflect on why we are able to do these things. Many people around the world cannot and will not celebrate,what this time of year is supposed to signify.

For those of you that have family and friends serving around the world.

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL. Lenny66 B)

Remember the Alamo

Remember Pearl Harbor

Remember 9/11

I believe that these are three battle calls not to be denied.

May God richly bless everyone, and their families, that has died for me to be free. This is a debt that cannot be repaid.

I am a Veteran and I also thank every other Veteran, active duty or not, that has put their safety and well being in harms way for their family and the free world.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Rupert Claridge

A few of us in the squadron did this if anyone is interested in sending a Christmas card.

Send to: A Recovering American Soldier

c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue NW

Washington D.C. 20307-5001

This is a nice gesture but they will not accept any mail or packages addressed to either "A Recovering American Soldier" or "Any American Soldier" because to put it simply, this method could be employed by a terrorist to deliver a biological weapon. I am not making this up. The Army had actually sent out a newsletter stating exactly this plus if memory serves me, it was in the San Antonio newspeper a while back. I am sure anyone can verify what I am saying by contacting local military authorities or possibly even the US postal service. Any mail or packages addressed to an anonymous addressee such as "Any Recovering Soldier" they will not attempt to deliver it and destroy it immediately. I had seen this sent out on the internet earlier this year and also last Christmas season and each time the government had requested that it not be done.

If anyone wants to make a gesture of gratitude to any military person serving near their home, they may want to contact that facility and see if they have a Take a soldier home to dinner program during the holidays. Or if you wish to support those recovering from wounds, a contrubution to the Fisher House would be appropriate.

I am a retired military member and know well how much this time of year means to any soldier away from home.

Thanks to all our men and women in uniform today and many thanks to all of you that had served.

Dano :D

Sure hope Santa brings San Antonio a race track.

Dano. :rolleyes:

A few of us in the squadron did this if anyone is interested in sending a Christmas card.

Send to: A Recovering American Soldier

c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue NW

Washington D.C. 20307-5001

After posting my comments earlier I checked out this program on www.snopes.com which is known to many as the Urban Legends website. I searched for "Walter Reed Christmas Cards" and the results clearly indicated that they would not accept any cards or packages received addressed to "A Recovering Soldier" or any other anonymous addressee. Dano

Archived