Leave the camber rule in the grandstocks.

But take out the rule requiring that a pontiac run a pontiac motor or an olds run an olds motor, if it is gm, let it run a chevy motor.

Olds/pontiac/buick stuff is expensive

i would like to see them let the thunderstocks lock their distrubors. I believe that it will prolong the life of the motor and make it easier to set the timing.

I agree 100% with this one. All the racing classes should be able to lock their distributors. It doesn't cost a penny and is easy to do. Most importantly, it prevents the advance mechanisms from over-advancing and leading to burned pistons and broken motors.

To everyone whining about the police interceptors, watch the film of the last race and see where the non fuel injected el camino is. Right up the 13's backside. The trick to going faster is set up. Just about everyone out there has plenty of motor but they want to cry when they don't win a race. The trick is learning what the car likes on set up, which means shop hours and money spent on practice while paying attention to the little things. We used to beat the crap out of everyone on the track with the smallest motor and it's because I could kill everyone in the turns. No need for rule changes, just more work. If you think I'm biased in some way, realize that we have one fuel injected car and 3 carburated cars that we maintain.

The only rule I suggested changing was doing away with or at least changing the camber rule. Am I speaking out of turn? Let me know and I will shut up. It seems like when we talked with a lot of the Grand Stock drivers a couple of weeks ago, they agreed.I do know that some of the carburated engines can run with the fuel injected engines with a little work on setup. It just seems like some races it is a runaway and not a very entertaining race to watch.

We replaced only one right front this year only because of running at Corpus, I think if we would have not run there we wouldn't have replaced one at all. I think the camber rule should stay were it is. I would like to run 70 and 65 series tires I think that would help out alot.

Archived