Now this is dedication....

rebelracewriter

TMS Press Release.....just so I don't offend my friend Mikey!!!

Texas Motor Speedway Media Relations, (817) 215-8520

Gary Guehler

-- For Immediate Release

LATEST ‘POLE WINNER’ AT TEXAS – FIRST IN LINE FOR 2004 RACE TICKETS

FORT WORTH-DALLAS (October 23, 2003) – James Schneider of Sherman, Texas, wasn’t taking any chances on being the first fan in line to purchase 2004 individual race tickets at Texas Motor Speedway. Schneider won the “pole position” in the race for “first in line” Thursday, setting up shop 49 hours prior to the first individual race ticket being sold for next year. It was Schneider’s first pole win – last year he was fourth in line.

Schneider arrived at the Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track at 8 a.m. Thursday and started the line for fans seeking individual race tickets for 2004 at “The Great American Speedway.” Temperatures in the 90-degree range found Schneider with a lawn chair, a cooler full of beverages and plenty of patience waiting for the 9 a.m. first call for ticket sales on Saturday.

“I wanted to make sure I was the first fan in line this year,” said Schneider. “Last year I was fourth in line so I decided to come out earlier. I’m a big Jeff Gordon fan. It is about time for him to win a race here at Texas.”

In addition to attending the NASCAR events at Texas Motor Speedway, Schneider also is a regular attendee at the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series races. Schneider plans to utilize his car for sleeping purposes the next two evenings.

The “outside front row” position in the Saturday ticket sale line went to Suzy McGee of Rowlett, Texas. She was edged for the pole position by four hours, arriving at noon on Thursday.

“We are moving up the list,” said McGee. “Last year we were eighth in line, maybe next year we will beat James for the top spot. My husband will be arriving soon with the motorhome.”

Individual race tickets for the 2004 season at Texas Motor Speedway will go on sale Saturday, October 25 at 9 a.m. (CDT). Tickets may be purchased on site at the Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track box office Saturday, by calling (817) 215-8500, online at www.texasmotorspeedway.com and at Ticketmaster locations.

# # #

He's a Jeff Gordon fan... that should explain it all.

Light is on but it's dim, and still... no one home.

All...

It's not just this guy that got the pub. Articles like this keep the TMS name in the newspapers and on the TV. As a DFW resident, I can tell you that there are not many weeks that go by that TMS or something related to them is not being printed about in the papers or shown on TV. Whether it is things like this, car shows, children charities, free rides around the track, sponsoring some event(even remotely related to racing), etc., they put the media to good use to keep their name in front of the metroplex population. And not just during raceweeks. Heck, even when storms come thru, they make sure that everyone knows that the track only sustained minimal damage. Still they got the name TMS thrown out there.

Look who the story came from. This wasn't about getting this guy in the papers but TMS.

Now, granted that they have mega resources compared to the local tracks. But certain lessons can be learned and used on the appropriate scale.

Dale Sr. was once quoted as saying something like....it doesn't matter whether they talk good or talk bad about you....as long as they are talking about you. Or something similar to that.

Archived