Channel 6 News

Flyin34

Yes everyone watch channel 6 at 10pm. They just said on the 6pm news they are gona have something at 10pm about race car drivers and employee's trying to track down their money.

PS. GREG CHECK YOUR PM'S

THEY SAID WHAT THEY NEEDED TO SAY ..NOT TO MUCH NOT TO LITTLE ...AND NOT WHAT THEY MAY HAVE REALLY WANTED TO SAY ..GOOD JOB TO OUR TWO LOCAL STARS ..... AND THANKS CHANNEL 6 ... GREG AND DON I THINK THE OUT OF TOWN DRIVERS WILL COME BACK .JUST NEED THE RIGHT POEPLE RUNNING THE TRACK . HONEST POEPLE LIKE DON AND CAROL .. YOU KNOW BIGFAT IS READY ..THAT SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING ..

Here is the KRISTV story as published on their website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

C.C. Speedway suffers after recent takeover

Oct 11, 2007 01:06 AM CDT

C.C. Speedway suffers after recent takeover

CORPUS CHRISTI - It should have been an exciting new era for Corpus Christi Speedway, but drivers and employees believe they're victims of a scam. Longtime owners Don and Carol Yocum are back in control of the 62-year old track.

Back on July 24, San Antonio's Shelma Walton made a deal with the Yocums to purchase the track, a deal that went south in a hurry. When Walton took over cc-speedway, she said all the right things.

"This track is history," Walton said. "The Labontes were here; A.J. Foyt was here. This track has never closed. It's an exciting, thrilling track for the race car drivers. So it really has a lot of potential."

Potential now, to be the epicenter of a wave of lawsuits. Dozens of drivers and former employees claim Walton owes them money from the three races she oversaw in August.

"A nightmare, basically," she said. "It's been a really bad deal, especially for our drivers."

Don Yocum Jr. Helped his parents run track operations for years. He contends that none of the drivers were paid for the August 4 race, and dozens of bad checks were passed out after the final two events.

"I can't say that 100 percent of the checks were bad, but the majority of them are," Yocum said.

Driver Greg Carlucci Jr., who's won multiple championships at CC Speedway, said he knows that all too well. He received a handful of them.

"This was the last time I heard from her: I just told her that if I didn't receive the money she owed me, I'd be taking legal action," Carluggi said. "Her response was, 'You'll receive your money by the 26th of September.'"

But that day has long since passed with no word from Walton.

"Something needs to be done," Yocum said. "That's fraudulent activity as far as I'm concerned."

Walton's cell phone has been disconnected and a 6 News e-mail to her was not returned. The Yocums once again have put the track up for sale.

Car counts at the 62-year-old track had been declining lately, and this recent mess will likely make it even tougher for the Yocums to sell. Carlucci said he thinks Walton's one-month tenure will have a long lasting effect.

"I know none of the guys from out of town are going to want to come back," he said. "They spent a lot of money getting cars ready. It's a different track. You have to make changes to the car, travel fees if they stay over night here. Plus, they didn't get the money that was promised as purse money. Even the local drivers are skeptical about racing out there again."

C.C. Speedway is closed for the season, and again, many drivers and employees are considering legal action against Walton, who ceased contact in mid-September.

Online Reporter: Sean Horejs

Reb,

Have you ever heard of the LaBontay's racing dynasty. She mentioned them on the newscast. She knows everyone.

like ted nugent..........she promised me that he would play a concert opening night at smokin alley , and she would introduce us.....i'm still counting the days :)

good luck greg and everyone involved

Reb,

Have you ever heard of the LaBontay's racing dynasty. She mentioned them on the newscast. She knows everyone.

like ted nugent..........she promised me that he would play a concert opening night at smokin alley , and she would introduce us.....i'm still counting the days :)

ted nugent ..you say ...hell if you believe that one .ill sell you this oil field i have in my back yard ....

OT That's not an oil field, that's just oil in the field from all those racecars you have been building all these years! :D

dang did you have to let the cat out of the bag ..i was going to let you have a cut from the sell ....well .. he can still pump it ........

Reb,

ted nugent ..you say ...hell if you believe that one .ill sell you this oil field i have in my back yard ....

:D Oldtimer :D ,

That oil derrick is just a sign of your wealth buddy. I'm surprised you can see the oilfield equipment through all those cars. J/K!

You remember when the same thing happened at the dirt track many many years ago? Thank god for the great management they have now. It's always a pleasure to go that track.

I hope Carol and Donnie can hang on for a few more years so some decent people we can count on take over. I have some friends in the San Antonio PD, and I'll be giving them a call to see if they can't help all you guys that got screwed out of your money get a good address on this pair of low lifes.

Felony Theft by Deception is what they call that I belive!

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

Reb,

:D Oldtimer :D ,

That oil derrick is just a sign of your wealth buddy. I'm surprised you can see the oilfield equipment through all those cars. J/K!

You remember when the same thing happened at the dirt track many many years ago? Thank god for the great management they have now. It's always a pleasure to go that track.

I hope Carol and Donnie can hang on for a few more years so some decent people we can count on take over. I have some friends in the San Antonio PD, and I'll be giving them a call to see if they can't help all you guys that got screwed out of your money get a good address on this pair of low lifes.

Felony Theft by Deception is what they call that I belive!

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

.it isnt derricks ... just some drain pans that need to be emptied .... ill sell them if you know someone who needs them ..oil and all ..as for as cc ..i and alot of other drivers would love to see rick day run it ..he loves running tracks thats his life ..i thought he did a great job with sas .until .well you know ....all the drivers who talked with him down here just those couple of weeks .not one had a bad word to say ..they hated to see him go ..i did ...and im not sayen anything nagative aboult the yokum.s what so ever ..its time for them to retire .they put alot of thier life into this track..... ratdaddy wants to race .. and carol wants to do what ever it is she wants to do ..when someone has the respect from the drivers . then thats the person you need ..look at owen .look at mary ann ...they have the respect ..

Archived