Nascar Crew Chief Fined

Mel

From Jayski.com

NASCAR Levies Fines: NASCAR has issued the following penalties for various infractions that occurred during last weekend’s NASCAR Winston Cup Series event at Martinsville Speedway, NASCAR officials announced today.

The following were fined accordingly:

Todd Berrier, crew chief for the #29 NASCAR Winston Cup Series car of Kevin Harvick, was fined $5,000 for violation of Section 12-4-A: Actions detrimental to stock car racing and Section 9-4-A: The crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members. Infraction occurred during pre-race.

Marc Smith, crew member for the #29 NASCAR Winston Cup Series car of Kevin Harvick, was suspended until Oct. 29, 2003. He was in violation of Section 12-4-A: Actions detrimental to stock car racing: Attempting to circumvent a NASCAR inspection process. Infraction occurred during pre-race.(NASCAR PR)(10-21-2003)

SASpeedracer, yep I saw that explaination. That is one of the pre-determined responses that Nascar hands out on every infraction. I was curious what they actually were caught doing. The infractions were caught before the race began, pre-race inspections. Sounds like the crew member was trying to hide something from the officials? The crew chief always gets hit with a fine if one of his crew members has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Thanks, Mel

Wonder what it could have been but I remeber someone a few weeks back complaining about a crew member bending/pulling a part of the body so it would pass the template test then bend it back afterward I dunno if this was something similar or not just something I read on Jayski a month or so ago.

Archived