Topless 100

Lucky161

I really went last night for the sprint cars, but the show was about the mods. They only ran the heats for the sprint cars, which was a little disappointing to me. But the mods made up for it. 39 mods and over 30 sport mods all sans tops. I don't know why but I really like them a lot better without the tops. They are still the same cars, but I really enjoyed the show last night.

The actual 100 is tonight but they ran 25 lap qualifiers last night. Troy Taylor won his, but he had nothing for George White until White broke a driveshaft on the back stretch on the last lap.

Budman, they were still "ugly", but they were cool too. i guess that's part of the attraction to mods. They've always been popular up here in north texas whether it be skinny cars, winged mods or IMCA.

I noticed there were three Days, Jeff, Bo and Jimmy in the sport mods. I didn't know of them, but they were good especially Jeff and Bo. Jeff won his qualifier handily and Bo would have too if a lapped car hadn't put him in the wall. Anyone know where those guys are from?

Archived