Kyle Bush fails post race inspection

Sonic Racing

NOW WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME NASCAR TOOK A WIN AWAY ...TO MANY YEARS AGO .TO REMEMBER WHAT YEAR IT WAS ...THEY WILL JUST PUT A FINE UP AND SLAP A FEW POINTS OFF ... BUT THE WIN WILL STAY .....I HOPE NASCAR READS SPEEDZONE ... LOL... OH HELL SOMEONE POUR WATER ON ME .....IM DREAMING AGAIN ..

Just read on Nascar.com kyle failed post race inspection for the race yesterday fo unnapproved intake manifold.

What sucks is he still gets the win <_< something like that should DQ him with no money and no points and for sure no win!

Since NASCAR allows GM to anything they want they probably put the unapproved manifold on the GM approved list. They get new motors every few years why not manifolds. Wow think about the fairness in brands? Dodge got a ground up motor. Toyota runs stuff nobody can buy nor even see unless your a Team Toyota player. Wow Ford finally got a modified cylinder head a year or so ago. They have had the same head since 1992 So it makes since to let GM to do anything they need to keep winning. Even letting them build new complete motors SB2-2 and RO7 in the past 5 years.GM winning 22 races and championship last year may not be good enough for NASCAR :unsure:

NOW WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME NASCAR TOOK A WIN AWAY ...TO MANY YEARS AGO .TO REMEMBER WHAT YEAR IT WAS ...THEY WILL JUST PUT A FINE UP AND SLAP A FEW POINTS OFF ... BUT THE WIN WILL STAY .....I HOPE NASCAR READS SPEEDZONE ... LOL... OH HELL SOMEONE POUR WATER ON ME .....IM DREAMING AGAIN ..

Actually, two years ago ( I'm pretty sure ), I believe it was Johnny Sauter who was stripped of a Busch win for use of an illegal carb. He was docked all points and money earned for the event. He was driving Finch's

Yellow Freight #1 car. Also, his crew chief was suspended, and I think fined, and I can't remember if he even returned to the team or not ( Joe Shear ). I think he ended up helping Casey Smith some that year at Pensacola. Before it gets started; that in no way means that Casey's car was not right when he ran it. I believe Casey met Joe when he was running ASA after Sauter had moved on and began working with him from time to time. I don't want anyone to misunderstand this.

Sounds to me like it was another grey area thing that NASCAR suddenly made illegal. From what I read, that manifold has passed inspection in the past.

It'd be much easier to keep up with the rules if NASCAR actually wrote'em in ink. Writing them in pencil allows the rules to be changed too often, and too easily. :blink::huh:

Sounds to me like it was another grey area thing that NASCAR suddenly made illegal. From what I read, that manifold has passed inspection in the past.

It'd be much easier to keep up with the rules if NASCAR actually wrote'em in ink. Writing them in pencil allows the rules to be changed too often, and too easily. :blink::huh:

NOW YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK ...ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY WOULD HAVE TO FLY TO THE MOON JUST TO READ THE FIRST PARTS IN THE RULE BOOK ..

NOW YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK ...ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY WOULD HAVE TO FLY TO THE MOON JUST TO READ THE FIRST PARTS IN THE RULE BOOK ..

So if something doesn't get caught for two years that makes it suddenly legal. I've been drivin 75 MPH everywhere for almost 30 years. If they pull me over tomorrow, the ticketwillprobably stand. JMHO. ;)

Tom Stop crying, Ford has wins and championships also.

Not crying just stating facts. ;)

How about this release from NASCAR about Bushes manifold. Really fair playing field?

The intake manifold was confiscated following Busch's victory and, at the time, officials said the manifold failed to meet NASCAR specifications.

NASCAR fined Mike Bumgardner, Busch's crew chief for the race, $10,000 and place him on probation. The team will receive no other penalty for the infraction.

In the past, violations involving intake manifolds in NASCAR's top three series - Nextel Cup, Busch and Craftsman Trucks - the penalties have nearly always included the loss of points and the suspension of crew chiefs.

Archived