Is Carl Edwards a cheater?

landlord

nascar doesnt argue intent they just enforce the rules as written. did it hurt his performance, probably. did it help probably not. but was the car still too low, yes. if they start arguing intent then they will be making judgment calls and we all know how that turns out. you start playing favorites and it just gets out of hand. i am a carl edwards fan, and i hate to see him lose the points. but it is only 25 points, he should be able to make those up without problems.

Just another case of NA$CAR taking aim at Roush so Jeffy or Jimmie can win. <_<:(:angry:

Hell no I'm not bitter about it!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That's the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while. The car of tomorrow has a template. If either before the race or after the car does not fit the template then your in violation of the rule. If Carl Edwards car would have had a performance increasing defect then he would have been DQ'd and would have lost all his points but since the defect was not performance increasing then they just say here's your fine, you made illegal changes. Now Roush is going to appeal and if they can show where something broke, or the car go hit and it was a legitimate deal then Nascar can repeal the penalty. It has nothing to do with the fact that they want Jimmie and Jeffie to win. If that was the case they would not have penalized Jeffie 100 points during the season for his changes to the C.O.T

Just another case of NA$CAR taking aim at Roush so Jeffy or Jimmie can win. <_<:(:angry:

Didn't they ding Gordon earlier in the year for a body infraction on the C.O.T.?

It seems pretty simple to me. The body was illegal, so he got penalized. I like seeing that 99 win as much as anyone, but what's right is right.

Didnt the car go to pre race tech? If it did and passed then what happened, was it damage or a deliberate change? Also what would happen at any short track in country if the winner failed tech? There would be a new winner announced, am i correct? If na$car would dq these guys insted of handing out these pocket change penalties I bet you wouldnt see cars failing tech.

100 points pre-chase is a mere slap on the wrist.

Tell that to Jr. and the Red...err....Blue/Green Army.

And last time I checked, Jimmie was taken out in a huge accident, and Jeff ran mid pack the entire race. Yep.....NASCAR is definately all for HMS.

Oh, and when people first started "cheating" with the COT the penalty was 100 points, $100,000, and loss of crew chief for 6 races. Now it's down to 25 points and $25,000. Seems to me if anyone should be complaining, it should be Jr., Gordon, and Johnson fans.

44SS I agree with your point!!! Any local track around the country would DQ the winner and let's move #2 to #1 and so forth, that's the way it should be done. That would cut out alot of crap. These chicken s*** fines are nothing to these guy's, they have a slush fund for penalties assessed. Hit them where it hurts, take the win away, the point's and depending on the severity of the "infraction", suspend them for a week or two. Think that would get someones attention, Oh hell yes it would!!! ;) Lenny66 B)

100 points pre-chase is a mere slap on the wrist.

Tell that to Jr. and the Red...err....Blue/Green Army.

And last time I checked, Jimmie was taken out in a huge accident, and Jeff ran mid pack the entire race. Yep.....NASCAR is definately all for HMS.

Oh, and when people first started "cheating" with the COT the penalty was 100 points, $100,000, and loss of crew chief for 6 races. Now it's down to 25 points and $25,000. Seems to me if anyone should be complaining, it should be Jr., Gordon, and Johnson fans.

Very good point!!!!! :blink:

I like the consistency they are showing the the COT. And since NASCAR knows it was a perfromance henderer, they still penalized them. Had this been the old car, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. (Remembers Johnson's 'special' shocks?)

Im a huge Gordon fan, but you know- they were outside the rules, they got penalized.

I agree, these 25 point, 25,000 and double secret probation penalties are pretty stupid.

Matt Kenseth wins champioship in a landslide!

...New championship structure...

Dale Jr wins dega!!!

...post race inspection reveals car was 1/4" too low. No penalty assesed...

Mark Martin wins at Charlotte!

... Martin penalized 25 points for coil spring being 1.1625" short in coil length...

Michael Waltrip qualifies Toyota for Daytona!!!

...unknown substance on surface of manifold, thrown under the jail...

Bill Elliot qualifies New Evernham team for 500

...Exhaust pipes found to be illegal, confiscated exhaust...

Ive got plenty more. I just dont understand the inconsistency in an organization this big.

The term "at inspectors disgression" and "actions detrimental to stock car racing" need to be revised.

Seems like personal feelings come into play on determining penalties.

That's the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while. The car of tomorrow has a template. If either before the race or after the car does not fit the template then your in violation of the rule. If Carl Edwards car would have had a performance increasing defect then he would have been DQ'd and would have lost all his points but since the defect was not performance increasing then they just say here's your fine, you made illegal changes. Now Roush is going to appeal and if they can show where something broke, or the car go hit and it was a legitimate deal then Nascar can repeal the penalty. It has nothing to do with the fact that they want Jimmie and Jeffie to win. If that was the case they would not have penalized Jeffie 100 points during the season for his changes to the C.O.T

There is a lot of difference in what DEI and Hendricks did earlier in the year. First both Hendricks and DEI modified the cars prier the race and got busted. NASCAR also said in its announcement that this infraction on the 99 car was NOT INTENTIONAL! (NASCARs words, not mine) Now they will probably give the setup of the 99 to Hendrick????????? Would not surprise me a bit. It is not enough to allow GM to build new motors ever couple of years while Ford has had one head modification allowed since 1992. How about those Ford boys that are racing what the little guy can put in real stock cars blocks. Still running a modified Boss 302 351 head. Anyone can still take the head Ford uses today and bolt it on any 302 or 351. :D:D:D

Had it been a Hendrick car, they would of have thrown the books at them.

Ok, here goes. Pay attention.

DEI, and Hendricks were handled penalties and suspensions for cheating.(notice how their performance has dwindled since being caught) These teams deliberately altered the COT. If you watched NASCARS announcement, they specifically stated that this was NOT a COT infraction on the 99. Any talk here of 100 point penalties and suspensions is just juvenile. NASCAR also said in its announcement that this infraction was NOT INTENTIONAL! (NASCAR’s words, not mine)

Ya know, I like some of the drivers mentioned in this, and I dislike some of them, but they all have one thing in common, they all failed some sort of tech inspection! So if your going to be the elite division of stock car racing LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND DQ PEOPLE WHO FAIL INSPECTION! Get all of the grey area out of the penalties, at inspectors discretion, actions detremental to stock car racing, its all a bunch of B.S. and sends a sad example to kids in the sport. IF YOU FAIL TECH YOU GET DQED......!

I also remember not long ago when the Hendrick cars were killing everyone that they were found with electronic device on the shocks and there penalty from NASCAR WAS DONT BRING THEM BACK, MMMMMM ;)

Also funny how Tony Stewart car was also to low the week before but the second check it then (rose by itself) and then was ok :unsure:

I also remember not long ago when the Hendrick cars were killing everyone that they were found with electronic device on the shocks and there penalty from NASCAR WAS DONT BRING THEM BACK, MMMMMM ;)

Also funny how Tony Stewart car was also to low the week before but the second check it then (rose by itself) and then was ok :unsure:

Sometimes the shocks take awhile to go back to normal.I have seen it myself on latemodels.

You can't have a list like that and leave out Junior Johnson and Bobby Allison!! ;)

my bad. I meant to put junior when I wrote jimmy. jimmy hasn't earned his way onto that list. as for bobby, he was well known as non cheater in the 70's. And my head is in the sand as far as the 80's.

:rolleyes:

Archived