Darin Leonard

poorboy

I want to congratulate Darin Leonard. I left when he took the white flag so I'm sure he won.

If Darin was the #26 in mods, he just about won it, but I think #39 (Armstrong) got it. I'm waiting to have the official results emailed to me, but I think that's how it ended. I think #26 was in 2nd at the checker and #82 in 3rd. #26 did run a great race and made an awesome pass on the #82 who first looked like he was going to run away. It turned into a drivers track and the talent on hand was impressive.

Was great to see some different cars run together and enjoyed meeting some new folks.

Well if it weren't for bad luck....................YES I CHOKED ON THE LAST LAP. A lap car was all over the track and trying to get by him caused me to enter 1 way to hard (and mad) on the last lap. If I'd known I had the field covered I would have acted differently but I thought they were on my heals. Ended up 2nd (first looser). Congrats to the 39 team. A win is win however they come. When we got there I thought the night was a total loss. The distributor broke in hot laps. Got that fixed then going to line up for the main the damn brand new starter went out and we had to push start the car. I was already in a real piss poor mood before the main even started. Believe me, when I passed the 182 for the lead that all went away. I feel the worse for my wife and son. They were the ones who were very excited about getting there first modified trophy and finally seeing a payoff for there hard work and dedication. Maybe next time. Thanks to the fine folks at Edna for having us there and also a big thanks to Bill Pittaway for the 300 lbs of shrimp for everyone at the track. Also thanks to the 182 guys for there help fixing the car after hot laps.

Darin, that was a tough and dramatic way to end the race, but you still had a great run. We appreciate you and all the other folks making the long haul up to Edna. A great modified race with some great talent. You almost made our 10th different modified winner in as many events, but Armstrong did that. Hope everyone had a good time. I write up the post-race summaries and we'll post it on txsz for everyone in a day.

maybe someday bill pittaway will buy shrimp and support his home track...i just think that it's funny that he lives in corpus and supports a track 100+ miles away. :blink:

You might be surprised @ what someone considers their home track. Just because you live close by doesn't mean that track is "home". The fans, fellow racers, staff and promoters also can play a role in the choice to consider your "home" track to be elsewhere.

On that note, regardless, thanks Owen for running STS and giving all of us a place to race. :)

Well I don't know Bill that close, but he usually runs at IMCA tracks/rules......which Texana was at one time. I don't know what rules TRP runs now, but presumably they are closer to IMCA than to what STS runs. Just a thought.

Edna is full outlaw track either tire, spoilers ok, roller motors and no claim!

Well I don't know Bill that close, but he usually runs at IMCA tracks/rules......which Texana was at one time. I don't know what rules TRP runs now, but presumably they are closer to IMCA than to what STS runs. Just a thought.

Edna is full outlaw track either tire, spoilers ok, roller motors and no claim!

ahhhh, thats how Darrin was winning. He must have had that monster 800+HP roller motor in his car. Or maybe it was the new Brinn transmission..... :P:P:P

But seriously, congrats on a great run Darrin!

I know how you knew about the Brinn but how did you know about my new $10,000 motor? That was supposed to be TOP SECRET.

Hopefully they don't find out about that new 7post shaker rig you bought from Jack Roush....and that Roehrig Shock Dyno you just ordered....and those 3 full time crew members you just hired away from Scott Bloomquist.

and those 3 full time crew members you just hired away from Scott Bloomquist.

WOW Darin....you're moving up in the world. Hey...... if I try to get back into racing next season, can I borrow your kids and wife for my pit crew? I know they have plenty of experience fixing cars now. :o LMAO :lol::P;)

Sorry, just couldn't resist that one Darin! :) Aren't you glad I'm your friend????? LOL

No more Dr. Peppers for you Jay. Cody's training his new crew guys......

Vl racing,

Bill's a great racer and will help anyone he can anytime. He's always liked the IMCA sanctioned tracks and that's his choice. Mines IMCA legal after I take the spoiler off but I run STS because it's close to home and family. Again, we had a blast at Edna and WILL be back. That's two years in a row for the shrimp boil.

No more Dr. Peppers for you Jay. Cody's training his new crew guys......

Vl racing,

Bill's a great racer and will help anyone he can anytime. He's always liked the IMCA sanctioned tracks and that's his choice. Mines IMCA legal after I take the spoiler off but I run STS because it's close to home and family. Again, we had a blast at Edna and WILL be back. That's two years in a row for the shrimp boil.

I whole heartedly agree with everything you said about Mr. Pittaway, and on top of that he's a great guy period, we really enjoy his company at the track, his smooth consistent driving style, and you can count on the fact he would not take you out on purpose on a bet. The planet needs more people like him.

Victor Lindsey

Archived